8.3 Story diologue spoilers

I have had Hordies who have loved being villains in bfa. Who loved watching teldrassil burn with all of it’s inhabitants. This, if anything, is just deserts for those people.

2 Likes

You can’t blame people for not wanting to play a random loyal good hero from a fantasy book for 8 years old. Forsaken and goblins were the last remains of something else. Now they have the same treatment as every other races
They are making them bland.

4 Likes

I don’t think that enjoying a villainous story (assuming that’s the case), should translate into having other players targeting them directly and taking comfort in their dissatisfaction if that goes downhill.

They are supposedly enjoying a story. You are enjoying player discomfort.

Just my opinion, but that seems rather wrong.

4 Likes

I can when it affects my faction. When they are allowed to murder my people but theirs are off limits, i’d rather have my enemy neutered.

Tell me, what damage has the Alliance done to the Horde except Stormheim and Dazar’alor? Everything bad happening to the Horde is them shooting themselves in the foot, repeatedly. We never get the catharsis of caving your skulls in.

It does when I can’t retaliate. As soon as it’s time for some vengeance, suddently the Horde is off limits.

I’d rather end this cursed war if that’s how they will do things.

Thats the problem though not every horde race is like that.
Hell look at the old republic mmo, in that you have the Republic and the sith empire now if you play sith you are going to be in a evil dark faction and while you can make a light sided sith character (which is actually written very well imo)

The horde since warcraft 3 was not evil or corrupt anymore and twice now we have been made into the villan, yes the forsaken (and to a lesser extent goblins) were more darker but to put the entire horde into darkness would be the same as having the sith empire become all calm and peaceful.

3 Likes

Anyone else who thinks this is incredibly ironic? In Mists of Pandaria the role of the High King was introduced, essentially because Blizzard wanted an Alliance Warchief. Now several expansions later the Alliance still has a warchief, while the Horde gets a council representing the different nations. Both factions have more or less switched out their political systems with each other.

This is just as ironic as well, because during the “Negotiation”-cinematic Anduins tells Saurfang that he only has enough troops for one final assault. Not to mention the fact that Genn himself tells Anduin that they will have to conscript farmers.

Essentially Genn and Tyrande want to get the Alliance utterly destroyed and crushed, which in turn portrays Anduin as the more intelligent and correct guy again with Tyrande and Genn acting as strawmen.

1 Like

As it was pointed out I’m in the US, the pessimistic side of me wonders if that’s just a way to not give Anduin a challenger, when it’s time to take over (narratively speaking) in a future plot that has someone being the undisputed leader of Azeroth races in the “final fight”.

2 Likes

What the hell are you talking about? You want every races in wow as bland as Anduin because the alliance only had the right to sack 3 horde cities? That stormhein did not need retaliation?
The alliance tried to assassinate the one who saved the horde and the alliance in stormhein by calling for retreat from that obvious trap. The alliance bombarded horde soldiers “because the could” while the legion was invading the world.

3 Likes

Alliance bias and entitlement is as strong as always. Their characters are still all alive so Blizzard didn’t punch them hard enough yet it seems.

Those quotes may not have included the night elves and their forces, the definatly didnt include the night warriors as they didnt show up during the assult of ogrimmar.

2 Likes

Three cities. Hah. We saved you from yourself in Org, dealt with traitors in Dalaran, and killed your king in Dazar’alor. Not one of these things match up to even Brennadam.

If we razed Dazar’alor to the ground with everyone in it and left the Zandalari scattered to the wind, then the scales would be even. At the moment, they are not.

2 Likes

So what? Because we allready have green anduin humans, blue anduin humans, long ears anduin humans, we should also have undead anduin humans and little green anduin humans?
Forsaken have nothing to do in the horde but it does not mean they have be changed to some undead anduin human.

4 Likes

So you are pissed of because you have only invaded Orgrimmmar once, lordaeron twice wich was made unlivable after you won, killed a faction leader, and made a backstabbing assassination attempt on the warchief of the horde. And participated in two civil wars in the horde. Poor boy, horde bias!
And it still has nothing to do with what I’m saying.

5 Likes

The night elves showed up in signifcant numbers during the assault on Orgrimmar. And only the night warriors will not suddenly tip the scales entirely…especially since the whole “night warrior”-thing only really works for Tyrande and everyone else is just edgy with dark eyes.

So I don’t really see how the Alliance has the forces to actually continue the war. And, yes I do know that numbers don’t matter, but I am working with the lore Blizzard is providing.

You destroyed Lordaeron on your own terms. It was a pyrhic victory and you know it.

What do you want to say? I want one of two things. Either we get to get some proper vengeance on the Horde, or you stop your warmongering and become peaceful. The end.

2 Likes

Anduin vs Trump! With cinematic debate events!

1 Like

Ho right the big flying gunship that ripped our walls, and the freaking region wise plague dispell were part of the plan. We plagued our city once the battle was lost for sure.

Ho and you want equatibility? Make anduin kill tyrande in a book replace her as head of nightelves with shandris. Make sure that she plans the death of as many alliance soldiers as she can to help the horde, then raid stormwind and kill anduin, replace him with malfurion, let him die by a random guy, replace him by Genn and pass half an extension to do his will and the other to half undo it with shandris and amiral Roger. Kill some fellow friends along the way. To finaly reach for the help of the horde to scare Genn away. And put shandris on the throne.
Then we will be fair and square.

4 Likes

Where the hell are your dead? The civilians who should have died at lordaeron? The thousands of Zandalari who should have died alongside their king? They’re all well and good, because the Horde can never suffer an excruciating defeat at the hands of the Alliance that actually hurts.

1 Like

Dead Characters hurt much more than zones since Characters drive the plot. Nothing else. Besides leveling and roleplay purposes Zones don’t matter.

2 Likes