8.3 Story diologue spoilers

and a council will change it, will be 1 thats actual leader. and when they want horde to be evil council wont change that,ether all turn evil or 1does and kills them all.

The warchief position isnt a issue at all,its the writers liking to villain bat the horde /horde leadership which a council wont change.

Council will be still 1or 2 characters and rest have to all agree and praise them or still dont get used.

I am so happy that “my” “leaders” will be:

• A Troll FINALY
  • An Elf, a former alliance leader (I still like him)
  • a Holy undead Alliance princess
  • an alliance Co(w)ered agent
  • an Orc who leaded us into this and ran away
  • and panda

I am so happy to be ruled be professionals, who absolutely know what a Member of the Horde needs…

… can we at least get an other name? The New Republic? The Vasals? The Repeatable Defeated? The Council of constantly recurring Evil?

Something that is not The Horde? Because we are not…

2 Likes

I can’t believe, how writers don’t know what is horde after all. They destroy Forsaken, 15 years and just character pre-patch that shows up just to lead them. Horde power leadership, old and storywise looks dead and non comparable to alliance. Except new troll leader all others are undeveloped.

I know that game is addiction, but if you play Forsaken stop give to Blizzard real money at least.

Also there is no loyalist story to follow up by now.

4 Likes

You know just as well as me that this will not be the case. Just look at the Alliance. Blizzard essentially introduced the High King because they couldn’t be bothered to write every single faction leader and race so they streamlined the whole thing by giving the Alliance a warchief. In BfA it’s just as worse because the Alliance is basically run by Anduin, Genn and Jaina. The other races only play minor roles or appear when they finally get some spotlight (like the Darkshore front).

The same thing will happen with the Horde. Depending on the direction of the story it will probably be Lor’themar and Thrall who run the show with everyone else nodding along.

I mean it could be different. But, this would only show us the hypocrisy of Blizzard. “No we don’t have the resources to write every race on the Alliance, so here’s the High King. But, we totally have the resources to showcase every Horde leader.”

The Circus.

Correction: The Freak Show.

1 Like

Looking at the Alliance I always thought the majority of their races are lawful, at most neutral.
There is zero room in the Alliance narrative, for chaos.

The Horde is much different.
You have all three alignments available.
When there’s a faction war, chaos tends to drive the Horde narrative, for example: Garrosh and Sylvanas.

When the faction war needs an end chaos is temporarily removed and other alignments take place as lawful and neutral.

So from this point of view it makes sense seeing one United Alliance, lead by a High King who seeks peace.

While the Horde needed this change after expelling two chaotic Warchiefs.
A council would serve better a faction that has to deal with the chaotic Forsaken, Orcs, Goblins the neutral races like Trolls, and the lawful Tauren.
We also have, races that shared a common history with the Alliance races as the Blood Elves and the Nightborne.

Sylvanas had her place when she was balanced by Thrall, Vol’Jin and Cairne.
That balance was destroyed during WoW life.
Chaos will always exists on the Horde, but neutral and lawful exists as well.
We are not the Alliance BUT we are not Blackhand Horde.

The moment the Horde becomes permanently like Blackhand Horde the same fate as his Horde will be written on the current Horde.
Chaos will exist always in Azeroth but it has to be removed, every time.

• There will always exist a Litch King.
  • Sargeras is still alive.
  • There will always exist Old Gods.
  • There will always exist faction conflict.
    If that faction isn’t called “The Horde”, it will be called something else.
    Any doubts look at the timeline Thrall died in infancy.
    Blackmoore helped defeat Orgrim Doomhammer Horde.
    Than he betrayed the Alliance and killed King Terenas and Utter.
    In that timeline he was the one leading the Orcs and occupied Lordaeron throne.

Cheers.

1 Like

…you see no room for chaos with gnomes? Or possibly Moira’s DarkIrons? Velves… okay, Velves probably shouldn’t be touched in that regard because their right to exist is pretty much on the table, so flipping them would lead to the Forsaken problem again…

It won’t serve for much if it’s basically created as an echo chamber with guys that sport the same mindset and traits.

The council as it is now, is but a circle of guys with the same ideals that have been thrown into said position by writers, after ousting dissenters or people with a different view of things (with the remaining ones being twisted to accommodate to this new reality).

A council would’ve worked when the Horde story wasn’t as predatory against certain mindsets, and when each race indeed had different views. When we had Blood elves, Forsaken, and Orcs.
Not a bunch of neutered races that have been forced to accommodate to the submissive “peace” that fits with the likes of Anduin.

Now? What’s the purpose of a council that is basically made up by what people call the ‘Muh honour’ bunch?
What’s to debate there? Having a bunch of gruff voices muttering about “honour” and “home” ad nauseam isn’t diversity. It’s a Hivemind.

1 Like

We can also say the same for MoP period:
“Not a Warchief that have been forced to the submissive “peace” that fits with the likes of Varian.”

We paid the price for Teldrassil.
I told you several times that was crossing the red line, remember ?

That price was removing Sylvanas and change the political system.

Give time.
Activision Blizzard needs at the moment, everyone to pack bags and fight N’Zoth and what ever they are planning for future endeavours with Kadgar.

When they need a faction war, Geyah, Talanji and Tyrande are there to remind us we hate eachother.

Cheers.

Not true, everyone who witnessed the ritual or is part of the Army of the Black Moon got empowered, they may not be as Powerful as Night Warriors but they are enhanced.

Honestly Nordrassil and Hyjal belonged to the Kaldorei before they turned them Neutral, it is good that the Army of the Black Moon is reclaiming it.

Khadgar explained using a tome that Elune probably created the prime Naaru. She Also cleansed an aspect in a second and turned her into a constellation that is beyond what the Titans can do lol.

Difference being that during said time, the rebellion wasn’t as dependant on the Alliance in order to succeed or develop.
And hardly alienated any of the parts concerned in order to fit in with it (save Garrosh being villain batted).
Lorthemar did his thing. Voljin did his thing. Thrall intervened in his own way.
Sylvanas intervened in her own way. Even Gallywix was written with motives of his own.

Now? We have Lorthemar going as far as to side with Jaina over his own, and praising someone he has never really interacted with for ideals he never truly bothered about.
Saurfang needed Anduin pep talk. Thrall the same.
Sylvanas and the Forsaken has to be villain batted to death. And all of the above pushing everyone towards the Alliance, to the point they rather sabotage their own effort to fight for their interests, and go instead for the Alliance ones.

Horde races aren’t shown independent. They have been twisted in order to feed on the heroic Peacemongering of the likes of Anduin. While also validating warmongering…only when it comes from the likes of Jaina.

A council that remains reminiscent of said mindset, isn’t one of diversity. They culled the Horde diversity and sacrificed it in the altar of “Let’s get along with the Alliance”.

I mean, look at the aftermath, only Alliance characters are allowed to show eagerness to continue fighting for their interests.
Who amongst the Horde is shown willing to repay Dazar’alor and Rastakhan death? Who is going to take back Undercity?

No, ‘Muh Honour Council’ are a chore of voices planted there to utter the same message. There is zero diversity there.
Writers made sure of it.

5 Likes

I have this question for you, before we proceed:
Do you like Christie Golden writing ?

There’s no power stronger in the universe than the writers pen.

Accept it, or be frustrated for ever.
That’s your choice right now.

Cheers.

Yeah I agree with you here. Horde is now officially the bland passive faction of apathy where nothing happens. Ever.

2 Likes

I don’t like it.
And I don’t need to get frustrated over it in order for me to criticise it.
There are several middle grounds in between acceptance and frustration.
Showcasing the obvious flaws of the new development isn’t going for either extreme.

After all, everything is subject to improve. Even if it’s current state is a crap.

3 Likes

Another questions for you:
Which is your WoW favourite author ?
Why ?
Does he still work at Activision Blizzard ?

Cheers.

Robert Brooks.
There are pieces that I like from other authors, but he is the only one with a more staple series of books that I fancy.

Because I like his views on the world and the way he manages the world building. Also, his Chronicles books are superb.

And I don’t know if he is currently working directly for Blizzard as Golden is.

1 Like

There’s your answer.
Golden has a different mindset.

In my case I would chose Chris Metzen.
Yes he has his flaws but I never got uncomfortable with his writing.

Yes I would like to see a more Honourable version of the Horde, as in Warcraft 3.
But in the end this is just a story with too many authors in it.
And the story suffers from it.

Imagine how would be Warcraft universe with only your favourite author writing it.
It would had been more cohesive.

For now I am just glad the uncomfortable narrative that prevented me from playing the game is over.

You remember when I created a topic where I asked where to place chaotic narrative ?

There was a purpose for it.
My conclusion is: there’s no place for chaos in the current narrative.
You will have to wait.

Cheers.

Then I’m sorry, but we should then drop the facade regarding the “pros” of having a council. The diversity narrative is a lie.

And this :point_down:

Is then completely false.

A council with likeminded people is the same as having a single figurehead a.k.a. Warchief.

This time it’s the Honour bunch. But worse than before, because contrary to what we had with Thrall, these came to their current positions stepping over the remains of the ones that thought otherwise, and by having writers ousting or changing the ones that could’ve disagreed. Like Sylvanas.

I’m certainly against having a single race dictating what everyone thinks.
And a council could’ve worked in that regard.
Not this kind of ‘council’ tho.

1 Like

The diversity can be good if the author wishes to explore it.
The diversity is nothing if doesn’t prevent the Horde from being villain batted again.
There’s two sides of the story.

Again it’s the author who decides it.
For now we just judge from what we have in our hands.

• We can even have a faction lead by Sylvanas.
  • Calia Menethil proving the Queen of Forsaken is destined to a dark path.
  • Faction conflict will never end.
    They already stated to believe this is a integral part of Warcraft.
  • Garrosh was removed, did that prevented Teldrassil from being burned ? No.

Do not think chaos is over.
I had to live for months under Sylvanas rule.
Surely you can wait for further developments, can’t you ?
Unless you want the Horde to get villain batted again, because that’s the only way I see Horde being protagonist.

Cheers.

Im a undead knight raised by lich king to bring death and dedtruction whereever i go. And made to have need to inflict pain/kill to remain sane somewhat…
And others emotions surprsed/removed to extent.

And your grandma is even more evil. You dark iron are insane/crazy. Love it lol

1 Like