8.3 Story diologue spoilers

Council could be diverse. But not with current writers.

If another faction war ever comes up then even Blizzard will have a hard time ending it with both factions and the playerbase intact. Right now on the Alliance side you can find Greymane, Tyrande and even regular soldiers who all tell you that the ‘peace’ with the Horde will not last and some footman go so far in saying, that the Alliance should have continued the war. And many players side with these characters, because you know there are somewhat right considering that the Horde started several wars by now.

So yeah…hopefully a faction conflict never comes up ever again.

1 Like

The way Blizzard does it, the game won’t survive another round.

3 Likes

The only way to ensure the survival of the game in case of another faction war is by making the gameplay extremely fun. Then it might work.

1 Like

faction war will never be fun gameplay wise or not no body can win its a exercise in futility

5 Likes

But what has Anduin really done this exp?
the major players have been jaina genn lor’thremar sylvannis nathanos baine hell most of 8.2 had neither the warchief or high king do much at all.
I think honestly a single leader is pointless, yes some races may not get a change to shine much in a exp but its better than them being ruined by doing nothing when a weak high king or insaine warchief do stupid things.

1 Like

He forced a peace treaty with the Horde on the entire Alliance. We have commoners, Greymane, Tyrande, and probably more people all say that such a treaty will not last. Seemingly many people within the Alliance don’t even see it as a peace treaty, but a cease-fire which will be broken sooner or later anyway.

“7th Legion Marine (2) : They’ll (note: The Alliance soldiers) need it. These ceasefires with the Horde… they never last.”

“Therum Deepforge: King Anduin’s too soft. Answerin’ the summons of an orc. Grievin’ at a Horde funeral.”

"Stormwind City Guard (1): Is the war ending? Our soldiers are coming home… but the Horde still stands.

Stormwind City Guard (2): The Banshee Queen has fled. What reason is there to continue fighting?

Stormwind City Guard (1): You think the rest of the Horde is blameless? They’re just as guilty as she is. I say we fight until the end."

We also have the dwarf who gives out quests during faction assaults, Telaamon who saw the Horde as vile abominations who need to be purged, Muradin, Thoradin. If these characters are any indication then there are a lot of people within the Alliance who would have objections to a peace treaty, but seemingly they all nodded and accepted it because God Emperor Anduin ordered it.

The only one openly against it is Tyrande, however from the datamined dialogue between her and Anduin it feels like she is supposed to be in the wrong.

The problem however is that all of these Alliance characters are probably intended to be in the wrong, however all of them come across as pretty reasonable considering the past few expansions and experiences with the Horde.

No he didnt its made clear if they had lost in their second attack of ogrimmar that would be it and given that no battle happend at all the Horde didnt loose any forces only two leaders they may actually outnumber the alliance forces now (not counting the night warriors) but if he only had enought forces for one final push he cannot force anything on them.

We both know full well that this statement is completely pointless in any discussion, because in the next expansion the Alliance will again field enough armies and soldiers that even the Russians during both World Wars would be proud of them.

It becomes even more pointless, when someone like Greymane supports Tyrandes decision. As one of the highest ranking members of the Alliance he very likely has an overview about the armies of the Alliance and its troops.

(But, seemingly the entire Alliance consists of exactly one army anyway namely the 7th Legion and nothing else.)

1 Like

Tyrande’s response was quite predictable, and she’s out for blood, like a determined lamprey, and nothing will change her mind about, “HORDE has to pay!”. She would still behave like this, even if Sylvanas was dead and long gone.

If i recall correctly, she’s always been difficult to deal with, even for alliance, (other races than NE)

Both she and Genn, will probably see to it, that there will be no peace.
= soul searching for the alliance this time around, whoopty doo :man_facepalming:

Players would probably like that, they are the aggressors this time around.
But it will begin to taste stale, real fast once Blizz starts to implement the story of, you are bad / evil and you should feel bad… mmmkay?

So, same old, same old and around we go?.

1 Like

I wrote a review of Rokhan’s recent development. It looks very off.

Be warned it’s a textwall, but honestly I believe we all should write character reviews - maybe they’d get a clue that they are really bad at this.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/what-are-you-doing-with-rokhan/94196/1

4 Likes

Whenever I watch the “tell her, we are coming” and then the “night elves army as Tyrande’s bird lands” I get goosebumps. All I was missing in that cinematic, is after they showed the Night Elves emerging from the woods, I wish I could hear growls and a bunch of yellow/blue eyes emerging from the woods behind them (worgen support for Night Elves), honestly I would have nutted if that happened.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.