80k Chaos bolts ?

How do people get them :thinking:

Flashpoint and crushing chaos traits I guess + the infernal talents.
Cast CBs if you can’t just spam rain of fire.
Try to get of a bolt, if you manage havoc into double coil get off another bolt. Enjoy

yday I met warlock who casted 3 chaos bolts 2x 89k and 1x110k. Everything is good everything is good

And to hit that number they have to use the nerfed grimoire talent, why didnt you los any of the 3 chaos bolts? Each soulshard during infernal increases the dmg of chaos bolt by 4% (was 8)

1 Like

80k? Have seen a 115k

How ? The only way that would be possible by casting like, 8-9 chaos bolt with the Grimoire talent, and that only works with Infernal is out. :thinking:

1 Like

Dunno how! Just saw it (and no, there weren’t 8-9 CBs before
).

But probably gear issue. You have 371, the lock I’m talking about had 410ish.

Most warlocks used rain of fire when they pop infernal, that spends 3 shards instantly. And with the flashpoint trait giving insane amount of haste your immolate ticks and low incinerste cast time lets you refill the shards quick

When you see infernal, hide behind whatever you can or you will get severly punished.

You have to cast 10-15 Incinerates to gain enough Soul Shards to use 1 Rain of Fire, which then turns into 12% dmg buff to your Chaos Bolt.

Consider me a skeptic, but I don’t think it’s such a great deal and I’ve met people in arena, that aren’t incompetent idiots, hide during Infernal burst and dispel Immolate.

You’re then unable to build enough Shards to spam Rain of Fire. Even if you somehow do, the time you spend trying to catch them and build shards, keeping Immolate etc. will leave you with very short window (± 5 seconds) to use final burst. But most enemies during that either LoS very good, pop defensives or CC you.

The only time this is somewhat good strategy is when enemies don’t care about Infernal, hang out in middle and when you have full shards, your teammate uses control on them.
But competent enemies don’t let you build shards enough.
And Incinerate can be even instant cast, but if you need like 12 GCDs to gain only one 12% dmg buff, that isn’t all that powerful is it? Assuming GCD is (let’s be generous) 1 second, then in 24 seconds you build up 24% dmg buff for Chaos Bolt from Incinerates (that also assumes those Rain of Fires are off GCD to spend it, but well
), with 6 second left to spend it.

Yes, you have also Immolate and Conflagrate, Immolate gives you 1 Soul Shard fragment if the dot crits, you need 30 for Rain of Fire. Conflagrate gives you 5, but has 12 sec cooldown. Assuming you’re smart and you start bursting with 2 charges, you’re capable of using Conflagrate effectively 4 times during Infernal, that’s 20 Soul Shard Fragments (one Chaos Bolt).
Let’s also be generous for Immolate, you do DoT that ticks every 2 sec (2.2 sec, but we’re generous) and let’s assume you have 100% critical strike chance. So from Immolate on 3 targets (let’s assume your enemies are not only retarded and hang out in middle letting you free casting, but didn’t bind dispel on their action bar either) you have 3 fragments every 2 seconds, eventually leading to 30 fragments after 20 seconds.
Which leaves you basically with being able to do 3 Rain of Fires and 1 Chaos Bolts if they didn’t stop anything, you have 100% crit chance and they don’t LoS nor use defensives nor use dispel.

Problem with that is, they can play those 20 second like complete retarded, but if you use 3x Rain of Fire (assuming they really were retarded and you got lucky 100% crits on Immolate), they can just stop the last chaos bolt you do during Infernal window and you basically wasted your burst doing nothing.

So really, when you talk about refilling shards, it seems like you’re living in another dimensions as “easy refilling with using Immolate and Incinerate” seems like a strech when you need 20 seconds and 100% crit from single Immolate to give you 1 Soul Shard (half an Chaos Bolt) and 7-10 Incinerates (the other half of the Chaos Bolt) to cast one Chaos Bolt.

lol

10chars or whatever

1 Like

You just completely ignored the part were i said to hit these numbers they have to facetank the lock during infernal
 those who facetank infernal rarely dispels the immolates anyhow

And if you are allowed to freecast incinerates it goes fairly quick, but ofcourse most of the times you wont.

You are the only lock on this forum that doesn’t seem to mind these insane amount of hits chaos bolt does lol.

1 Like

that depends on definition of quick, I consider 10-15 casts to do one Rain of Fire rather slow
and one Rain of Fire just gives you 12%
so imagine you have short (30 sec window) in which you do 15 casts in order to get 12% damage buff on next chaos bolt and consider it ‘quick’
if you think that’s quick, then stopping Warlock should be easy peasy since his infernal window is also very quickly over

1 Like

Btw you keep forgetting the part where infernal gives you shards.

Immolate ticks crit due to darksoul fast incinerates fast ticks throug flashpoint aswell as fast incinerates and infernal also gain shards

I’ve been counting number of chaos bolts during infernal of Wallirikz in third match
 in today’s tourney

Conclusion:
Getting hit by big chaos bolts is l2p issue.

Ive watched tourny and he was getting many Chaosbolts off, so idk what you mean

I didn’t say he didn’t get off many Chaos Bolt. I said they were successful at stopping his Chaos Bolt during his Infernal window. He didn’t get any during that.

So claiming these 100k Chaos Bolts are too strong is kinda l2p issue as clearly it doesn’t happen to better players.

Because his team mate was already dead xd

For me the biggest problem is not why so much but why you did not los them?
You see onstead of crying about receiving a damage you should be aware of not letting that damage catch your homan a$$

I really wonder how do you expect Warlock to work.

He’s immobile and it’s hard for him to follow target behind pillars (impossible actually), he has burst window every 3 minutes, but in order for it to do anything, you have to cast in between and the window is very short in the period you’re supposed to earn the kill. By it being 3 minute cooldown, literally every class in game has some cooldown ready for it if they fail to LoS. Most of them can simply LoS or kick it or stun it.

And what do you propose is Chaos Bolt still being hard to get off, still being LoSable, still being kickble, still have so much counterplay, but to have very low benefit of being casted (not hit for a lot under such incredible conditions)?

Warlock is probably the only class that has to meet the most difficult conditions in order to deal damage. And you ask for his only damage during cooldowns to be garbage as well.