[8.3] Fixed azerite trait for SV

Hello fellow hunters,

I saw that the fixed trait for Nyalotha azerite gear will be Wilderness Survival.
My thought on that is the following;

• Nyalotha gear will be mainly attainable by the players doing raid content.
  • In raid content, optimization of the SV spec is mainly around Alpha Predator, Mongoose Bite and Bird of Prey.
  • The best trait is, then, Blur of Talon. Everywhere, it is recommended to get 3 stacks of it.
  • Wilderness survival is so trivial that you can even not take it as a trait
  • There is only 1711 SV hunters referenced for all regions on Warcraft Logs

Conclusion: Why Wilderness Survival?

Action plan: We are so few now, if 1711 SV hunters can sign up to this thread and ask for Blur of Talon to be the trait present on all Azerite piece of gear in Nyalotha, we could, maybe, get it.

Also worth noting: Dire Consequences and Serrated Jaws disappeared from Nyalotha Azerite piece of gear (FML).

Open to comments though.

The issue with SV traits is that they can vary though. BoT is great and I think best used in raids. I do heroics and since swapping from 3x LP, my dps went up quite a bit, I can end fights on 40k. But in saying that, if I don’t have good uptime, i could be lower than if I went LP, as I will always hit harder when I get to connect.

Some people, even like Wildfire Cluster for AoE, over latent target swapping. Try remember that no matter what you are using you have one mandatory trait, Primevil and a lesser mandatory Wilderness. I think its ok. Could have been something else, but with SV, it seems they don’t know what they are doing anyway.

Frankly they should just take a look at the people who actually play Survival, the few of us who do.
Because Ny’alotha traits to me just shows that none of the current devs actually play the specc or actually bother looking at what traits and talents people run (:

Guess it’s a decent thing M+ will still be a thing and we can get our BiS traits from there as we have the dumpster fire of an expac.

Mmmh make sens what you just said but the thing is.
Nyalotha gear is optained via raid content so it makes sense that it is aimed towards raid content players.

Indeed, the value of BoT in mythic+ is lower than in raid but is still very good.
This in perspective with the removal of some traits makes me think the same as Aldru.

Given the fact that no new piece will come except Nyalotha, the gearing and optimization of SV will remain difficult. Maybe that is why there is so few of us now ^^. (e.g. I guess the Spaulders from Conquest chest will still remain the BiS at this tier again).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.