9 out of 10 games at high mmr

Hi Drae,

May I ask you if WWDK works best with Unholy of Frost DK lately? I’m new to DK and can’t choose proper spec. In case it changes something our healer is MW.

Thanks in adnvance. :slight_smile:

Both of them have their ups and downs honestly. Unholy dk has more interrupts than frost and you have an easier time stopping drinks. Frost does a bit more damage and reduces the enemy teams’ damage and mobility. With frost you can also make nasty go’s with grip - leg sweep - chill streak (honor talent) but you have even less utility than unholy.

I’d recommend you to play whatever is more fun for you, both are viable on high ratings and none of them is really outstanding from the other.

In tournament environments, people tend to play frost because the mobility reduction from “Delirium” is really useful against mages (and most teams play with a mage)

Good luck with only DB and no gap closer that isn’t on the GCD or allows you to get there like Blazing Speed used to. The spec already has no proper slow to make sure the healer doesn’t get out of the 8 yard cone.

So… Blink DB ? I mean it’s close to impossible to dodge if you Blink right on the guy… Very few classes can get put of the cone between your blink and your DB and even those that MIGHT do it then they need to be pff GCD and doing nothing waiting for you to do that so they can react in time and even then it’s not sure they’ll escape it.

Being off the GCD isn’t as tough to do, depending on haste levels, when the mage both has to be in position to blink in and blink in. It’s only impossible to react to currently thanks to Shimmer, while Blazing Speed also gives some leeway.
Not getting anything while Arcane retains Shimmer and Frost gets Deep Freeze would make fire non-viable and in its most clunky state CC-wise since before Blazing Speed became an on-use spell.

As it currently is Fire is the only mage spec that can solo carry a team in terms of dmg, setting up cc and surviving, Gelu said this on his stream, its why he prefers it over Frost, since Frost relies on teammates to help the setups a lot more than a Fire mage would, yes its true Fire has no slow like Frost and Arcane, but it also has an entire instant cast 1 shot with Combustion that allows you to move while dealing good dmg, so you can actually kite towards an enemy healer while dealing dmg which frost can’t do, they need to stay where they are to cast frost bolt to build icicles for their burst on a cc chain, and even when they do get a cc chain you can limit Frost mages dmg by standing on a poly’d healer making the mage either have to use Ray of Frost or Ebonbolt which can get locked and stop all of their dmg on that go, or they can use orb, comets and ice nova and break the poly… Fire can just press and go, bottom line Fire is far less punishing than Frost and takes less skill to play due to how it deals dmg and how its able to be more independent in setting up cc.

I didn’t know it would make you this upset. Im sorry

Naala, you d i p s h i t. Why you necro old posts? Go q rbgs smh :joy:

Well it is still a very relevant thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s fine bro, all you need to kill RMPal is a 50% damp, nothing wrong about that :upside_down_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.