[9.0] Destruction Warlock Serious Talent REVAMP

Hi Fellow Warlock,

You will see all others class talent revamp here : https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/90-ideas-for-complete-talent-revamp-for-all-class/122538

I will introduce to you the complete rework of Warlock Desctruction (not official).

Summary :

We will talk about Desctruction Spec. Lock Destro are hard caster but the spec now turn around chaos bolt like it was just one spell that make the entire spec. there is no flavor, no reward.

There is somes baseline change to make the spec attractive for me.

Bringing back the old Choas Bolt. Demonic Circle should be available in all warlock baseline. so here what is like.

Take a look at the talent picture here : https://ibb.co/LRR9PcR

Baseline Warlock Destruction Change

Demonic Circle

2% of base mana / 0.5 sec cast / 10 sec cooldown
Summons a Demonic Circle for 15 min. Cast Demonic Circle: Teleport to teleport to its location and remove all movement slowing effects. You also learn: Demonic Circle: Teleport. Teleports you to your Demonic Circle and removes all movement slowing effects.

Chaos Bolt

2 Soul Shards / 40 yd range / 3 sec cast
Unleashes a devastating blast of chaos, dealing a critical strike for [2 * (100% of Spell power)] Chaos damage. Damage is further increased by your critical strike chance. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorption effects.

Backdraft

Conflagrate reduces the cast time of your next Incinerate or Chaos Bolt by 30%. Maximum 1 charge.

Nether Ward

Instant / 45 sec cooldown
Surrounds the caster with a shield that lasts 3 sec, reflecting all harmful spells cast on you.

Shadowfury

35 yd range / instant cast / 1 min cooldown
Stuns all enemies within 8 yds for 3 sec.

Curse of Fragility

1.25% of base mana / 40 yd range / Instant / 1 min cooldown
Reduces the target’s maximum health by up to 15% for 10 sec.

Demonic Gateway : TALENT NOW

Explicative Note: Destro has now instant stun and are the one warlock spec that can reflect spell. Mortal Coil is not available for Destro. Every Lock has a curse baseline. Destro should have fragility. And Every demon pet has been given 1 cc and 1 special abilities. I’ll talk about it in Demonology topic.
Some change on Backdraft, i nerf it to make it 1 charge instead of 2 because it’s a really op buff that must be a core gameplay. You can gain 1 charge with talent if you want.

It’s important to know the fact that Destro has now baseline:

• 3 CC skill (Fear, aoe stun and 1 cc pet).
  • 1 Mobility skill (Demonic Circle)
  • 2 Defensive cd (Unending Resolve and Nether Ward).
  • No Burst cd.

With this talent, Destro (and the other classe) has 4 distintive playstyle and more if you combine talents. Here they are:

• 1 column: Playstyle based on Chaos Bolt.
  • 2 column: Playstyle Based on Incinerate.
  • 3 column: Playstyle Based on Conflagration and finish.
  • 4 column: Original playstyle with new rotation, buffs and demon support.

Now we can move to talent (8 tiers). READ carefully because a lot of talent has changed.

Tier 1: Ressource Management

Firestone

Instant / 1.5 min cooldown
Restores 2 soul shards.

Ember hand

Your spell that generate Soul Shard Fragments, generate 1 more Soul Shard Fragments and 1 more when critically hit.

Soul Conduit

Every Soul Shard you spend has a 25% chance to be refunded. You passively generate 1 Soul Shard every 1 min.

From the Shadows

Your demons gives you 1 Soul Shard Fragments every time it’s deal damage.

Tier 2: Base Skills Rotation

Burning Hunger

Increases the critical strike chance of Immolate by 15%. and its duration by 6 sec.

Roaring Blaze

Reduces the casting time of your Incinerate spells by 0.25 and Incinerate burns the target for an additional (50% of Spell power) Fire damage over 6 sec.

Flashover

Conflagrate deals 10% increased damage and grants an additional charge of Backdraft.

Reverse Entropy

Your Damaging spells cause your target to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against that target by 2%. Stack 3 times. Effect lasts 30 s.

Tier 3: Basic Gameplay

Internal Combustion

Chaos Bolt consumes up to 5 sec of Immolate’s damage over time effect on your target, instantly dealing that much damage.

Backlash

Gives you 10% chance when you hit or 25% chance when hit by a physical attack to reduce the cast time of your next Incinerate spell by 100%. This effect lasts 6 sec and will not occur more than once every 6 seconds.

Conflagration of Chaos

Conflagrate has a 50% chance to guarantee your next Conflagrate critically strikes, and to increase its damage by your critical strike chance.

Channel Demonfire

1.5% of base mana / 40 yd range / Channeled (3 sec cast) / 25 sec cooldown
Launches 15 bolts of felfire over 3 sec at random targets afflicted by your Immolate within 40 yds. Each bolt deals (20% of Spell power) Fire damage to the target and (10% of Spell power) Fire damage to nearby enemies. Generate 9 Soul Shard Fragments over it duration.

Tier 4: Defense

Dark Bargain

Instant / 2 min cooldown
Prevents all damage for 5 sec. When the shield fades, 50% of the damage prevented is dealt over 8 sec. Can be cast while suffering from control impairing effects.

Demonic Durability

Reduces the cooldown of Unending Resolve by 50% and increase the damage reduction to 75%.

Ember Tap

Instant / 1 Soul Shard
Heals 15% of your health and increases the healing you receive by 20% for 10 sec.

Dark Pact

Instant / 1 min cooldown
Sacrifices 15% of your current health to shield you for 250% of the sacrificed health for 20 sec. Usable while suffering from control impairing effects.

Tier 5: Mobility

Demonic Gateway

20% of base mana / 10 - 40 yd range / 2 sec cast / 10 sec cooldown
Creates a demonic gateway between two locations. Activating the gateway transports the user to the other gateway. Each player can use a Demonic Gateway only once per 1.5 min.

Demonic Breath

Instant / 20 sec cooldown
Sends a cone of dark energy before you, reducing the movement speed by 70% of all enemy targets within 10 yards for 6 sec.

Entrenched in Flame

Conflagrate roots the enemy target for 3 sec if the target is affected by immolate. This effect does not break from damage.

Planeswalker

Reduces the cooldown on Demonic Circle: Teleport by 5 sec. Your Demonic Circle reduces the movement speed of nearby enemies by 30%.

Tier 6: Area of Effect (AOE)

Fel Fissure

Chaos Bolt creates a 8 yd wide eruption of Felfire under the target, reducing movement speed by 30% and dealing (100% of Spell power) over 6 sec on all enemies within the fissure.

Fire and Brimstone

Incinerate now also hits all enemies within 8 yards of your target for 50% damage and detonate a blast that will cause (35% of Spell power) Fire damage to the target and all enemies within 8 yards if the primary target is affected by Immolate.

Inferno

Reduce the cost of Rain of Fire by 1 Soul Shard and has a 20% chance to generate a Soul Shard Fragment.

Cataclysm

40 yd range / 2 sec cast / 30 sec cooldown
Calls forth a cataclysm at the target location, dealing (50% of Spell power) Shadowflame damage to all enemies within 8 yards and afflicting them with Immolate.

Tier 7: Refine playstyle

Focused Chaos

Chaos Bolt damage is increased by 25%, but no longer strikes additional targets afflicted by Havoc.

Molten Core

Your Immolate have a 15% chance to gives you the Molten Core effect. The Molten Core effect empowers your next 3 Incinerate cast within 15 s. Increases the critical chance of Incinerate by 10% and reduces cast time by 10%.

Grimoire of Sacrifice

Instant / 30 sec cooldown
You sacrifice your demon to gain one of its abilities, increase the power of many of your single target spells by 10% and regenerate 2% of maximum health every 5 sec. Gain 1 Soul Shard Fragments every 5 sec if « From the Shadow » is talented. Lasts for 1 hour. Summoning another demon cancels the effect.

Empowered Demon

Increases the damage done by your pet by 10%, and all critical hits done by your pet have a 100% chance to increase your Haste by 1%. Stack 10 times. This effect lasts 15 s.

Tier 8: Burst

Lord of Flames

While you have an Infernal active, every Soul Shard you spend increases the damage of your Chaos Bolt by 5%.

Dimensional Rift

40 yd range / Instant / 45 sec recharge / 3 Charges
Rips a hole in time and space, opening a portal that damages your target. Generates 3 Soul Shard Fragments. Incinerate has a 10% chance to grant a charge of Dimensional Rift.

Shadowburn

1% of base mana / 40 yd range / Instant / 12 sec recharge / 2 Charges
Blasts the target for (100% of Spell power) Shadowflame damage. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health. If the target dies within 5 sec and yields experience or honor, generates 1 Soul Shard.

Dark Soul: Instability

Instant / 2 min recharge
Infuses your soul with unstable power, increasing your critical strike chance by 20% and haste by 10% for 20 sec.

I repeate that none of this is official. It’s just my personnal point of view of the spec but i truly think that a lot of classes need this particular attention.
Thanks for reading me.

Support this Project. Make WOW Great Again !
Your humble servant !

While I like the basic idea, I have some remarks to make.

• Lord of Flames: This is basically a slightly nerfed version of the current GoSup, and it will create the same problem Destruction currently has: it has a very good synergy with other CB enhancing talents, that it’ll end up numerically on the top making any other playstyle subpar. This is what current destro lock is, and it is bad. Instead I suggest, that it should work simularly as the golden trait from Legion, so it summons extra “lesser” infernals.

• My other gripe, that you seem to think it is fine, that Destruction is heavily dependant on the Infernal CD. This happens, because the infernal brings a passive shard generation that allows more frequent CB casts. In my opinion this is a bad thing, the Infernal should not give passive shard generation. Of course if this change happens, the shard generation of other abilities has to be increased, which would lead to a faster playstlye with more “spend” phases.

The last one is numeric tunig, but I wanted to mention:

• If you look at an avarage Destro Lock’s (ST) dps, you’ll notice roughly 50% comes from CB only, this basiclly means the other abilities don’t do much beside tickling the target. CB damage should be rebalanced so it’ll be ~33% of Destro’s DPS and the rest of our arsenal’s power should be increased, to leave the overall damage unchanged.

definetly not

agree on this tho.

I think you mean Destro, and no Destro is busted atm. You dont rely on supremicy to kill oponents, consistant dmg of destro, conflag root double coil is just retardet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.