9.0.5 Discipline Priest Torghast Feedback

Hallo. This afternoon I attempted Layer 8 Twisting Corridors in Discipline spec (with an unfortunate failure due to a lack of foresight and bad RNG). I got to try out a lot of the new Anima Powers, and I would like to say first and foremost a big thank you.

The Power that damages Feared foes with 5% damage of your health is superb, and a big recommendation from me. I tried going for a build focused around that Power: Masks of Sheer Terror that upped the damage able to be taken before Fear broke, Power that increased the duration of the Fear, and “tankier” Powers such as Life Barrier and Reflective Shield to handle any hits I took between Fears.

I feel that had I picked the health powers when I got them from random Cells and not relied on praying for vendor buyouts, the run would have been successful.

The Power that grants Power Infusion at a 10% chance each time you used Smite seemed somewhat noticeable, and probably procced Power Infusion many, many times (could not track any of it since Details is yet to be updated for 9.0.5). As Discipline it did not feel exemplary, but it might if Shadow has its own equivalent.

I also noticed a Power named Voidwraith Signet which promised to grant a tentacle Mind Flaying foes below 50% Health. It sounds like a good Power for a boss or elite, but not so much for trash.

While of course, outside of these Powers Priest still feels a bit underwhelming, if sturdy, that is of course the case with any specialization and class in Torghast. The new Powers are definitely an improvement, though.

I did layer 8 last week and with mind games proccing when attacked and doing tons of damage when mobs are feared it wasn’t challenging, it’s just long as hell.

I think with the current powers they added it should be a cake walk, that extra fear damage is way OP IMO, I really don’t think there was any reason to add that much extra damage and then the PI, it’s just even easier.

I think they’re fun though. But I think the one that was really needed was the mind control power, where you don’t have to spec in it now, that was really annoying but again with the other powers you didn’t really need mind control anyway.

For anyone have trouble make sure you’re not going in twisting corridors in low gear. It says now that it recommends 224 ilvl or something like that, but I did it with PvP gear, around 210, and I didn’t even have the right conduits or was accidentally running with a PvP trinket. Just take it at a, steady pace, kill everything and don’t push it trying to pull too many mobs, you can easily get one shot in some situations. Also make sure you also boost your HP or, magic resistance damage, don’t just go full offense and, make sure you’re choosing powers with bosses in mind, don’t get those exploding maw rat or harness, wall speed over defense or something else, you may regret it in the end.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.