I hope you see, I want to have Chinese support

I know that I might have made a mistake.

I am a Chinese Warcraft player, I am playing World of Warcraft in Spain.
My English is not good to tell the truth.

I want to apply if you can open Chinese.Because it is ok in the US
I don’t understand why the European service wants to lock the language.
I am playing in Europe, but I hope I can see the Chinese skill interface and so on.
I don’t know if I will succeed, but I hope that you respect Chinese players. In this area, we have a Chinese guild of more than 300 people. I think we need to be respected.

27 Likes

I think the main problem with chinese wow players is your government who has these laws that stop blizzard from just releasing the game to china. Because of that, I think it’s unlikely classic wow will receive any chinese support.

7 Likes

The US service allows Chinese, and the World of Warcraft players in the US service can use Chinese.
And it’s not just a classic suit.
This situation is just a European service. I don’t understand why, really.

2 Likes

Hey there Supremez,

You can actually change the language of your WoW Classic client through the Blizzard App, even while playing in the EU region.

As for support our Taiwanese Game Masters are always happy to help, although assistance is normally offered in traditional Chinese.

9 Likes

No, I want to say that you don’t support it.

When changing to Traditional Chinese, you will be prompted not to support

2 Likes

You’re not allowed to connect to European servers if you’re using any of the asian languages in your client. You get an error message that tells you that you’re using a not supported language or something.

I tried changing to korean as I have an interest in learning the language but if I do that, I can’t connect to any European server.

11 Likes

The Chinese client has different models so from what I understand you cannot play the Chinese client while connecting to the EU servers. Personally I’d love the Chinese Undead models in the EU client, the EU ones look really bad.

1 Like

Maybe learn english ? a lot of countries in europe don’t have language support .
There are tens of thousand of romanian / slavic / bulgarian / hungarian and so on .

12 Likes

What a very stupid post. Don’t have anything better to say?

I’ve lived in the UK quite a few years and the number of native English speakers who speak a foreign (to them) language is ridiculously low. Don’t know if you are from the UK but this indicates you might be.

6 Likes

Maybe you could play in Spanish OP?

1 Like

It’s actually not stupid.
OP is asking for a localized chinese version IN THE EUROPEAN CLIENT, because ‘300 chinese people’ play it. That’s literally what the the OP was saying. Sorry, but 300 people playing this game does not in ANY way warrant your own localization.

However, do I think it’s stupid that if you change your language to an asian language, you can then no longer connect to european servers? Yes. Yes I do.
But on the other hand; just look at russian localization and what that does on EU servers… You can’t normally type a person’s name, easily identify someone etc…

6 Likes

That’s absolutely ridiculous. It has nothing to do with respect. You are playing in Europe so why would they support Chinese. If i was playing in China I wouldn’t demand support in English, French or German.

You should show respect.

10 Likes

but
You are not in China, will opening Chinese help you? And the US service has Chinese thank you, tell me why the European service is not?

I find that unlikely.

Easy: it’s Europe.

2 Likes

I want to say that there are so many of my server alliances that are just classic clothes. You don’t know how big this group is, and is this harmful to you?

Euuuhhh… no clue what you are trying to say here, sorry.

No of course it’s not harmful, BUT making such specific localizations for such a niche small group is just not cost effective. Has nothing to do with respect, nothing to do with harmful… It’s all about it being worth it for a company. And it simply isn’t.

5 Likes

So why does the US service support Chinese? If you understand it, tell me why the European service is not possible.

I see no problem adding Chinese support as language option.

If it is allready possible on US version in the game, it feels like easy addition to EU version as well. More language support is always good.

If it is in the US version, it is allready there and is not a matter of cost effectiveness but of will and even in the game world, money is not everything, not even for the company.

Just like the chinese models for undead, they are here on my computer allready, but we use the US(EU models unless i want to change something on the filestructure.

Anyways. I do not know if it helps, but in Twitch client when i searched “Chinese” on more mods, here is simplified chinese for spartanui. You may want to search more about the thing but the native support is always better.

This is what I want to say.
Forgive me for my bad English, I don’t know how to express it.
I think it is only allowed to use Chinese, this will not hurt anyone, it will only let us better understand the task or the plot.

1 Like

It is much more fun to play when you know why you do something and how.

What are the tooltips of different abilities and such. Easier to use when UI is in language you understand.