9.1 managed to make Torghast even worse

Torghast wasn’t particularly great or challenging, but at the very least it could offer some dumb fun by allowing you to make some builds while getting your Soul Ash.

Now they went from a dumb fun chore to a frustrating chore. Just great.

I’m getting fewer anima orbs, that give worse choices then before, and the new abilites they’ve added to the game really aren’t any better then what we had. As such going through the adds is a lot more time consuming and they also hit a lot harder … so getting to do worse builds just makes all the more sense.

Thanks to the rating system, I can try to find a group (takes more time then its worth) for “timed run” because you have to be very lucky with anima orbs to solo that, or I do the 100% run. But the thing is I find myself restarting a run 6-7 times, because there’s a good chance that on any of the floors you might have missed a rat or Phylactery, so middle finger to you. Getting anything less then 100% on any floor means you won’t be getting the 5 gem rating blocking your progression to further floors.

And as an added bonus they’ve added a lot more traps into the overall experience to drive in that feeling of frustration even further, as they delete half your health. And in rooms where you get a combination of about 3 traps at once, with mobs that can slow, pull or knockback you’ll just have an absolute fun time on your hands.

Having to remind myself to go waste collected points into Kanai’s Cube, because why wouldn’t we get another pointless gameplay system is just the cherry on the top.

At this point I don’t even know what I’m expecting from Blizzard. We had to wait 9 months, and the best they can do is an underwhelming patch, because let’s face it, nothing in this patch really stands out, as the content isn’t any more substantial then what we got in previous expansions. I dare even say Korthia feels like the most underwhelming new zone we got with a patch so far.

I’d expect mediocre patches from a free to play game, not something you pay for monthly on top of in game store purchases …

3 Likes

You don t have to do 100% completion on each floor to get 5 stars, and you don t have to score a 5 stars to progress to the next floor, 4 is sufficient.

% completion will grant you points at the end of the run based on your average completion. So an average of 95% is good enought, it will grant you 95 points.

And because time grants you point to its better to be fast than to 100% completion

My tips to get more points are:

• empower yourself when you do a massive pull of worthless mob, the more kill you do while empowered, the more bonus score you have. Dont waste it on elites, it will fades before you end it too often.
  • dont die, you have 1 “free” death that do not remove you points ( in solo), then extra death are very harsh scorewise
  • Know the extra mimics that grants points, for example:
    killing broker with a ravenous orb or shoplifter perk grants 5 points
    killing 2 elites during the run in less than 10 sec grants 10 points
    not getting hit by any trap grants 10 points

You need 180 points for 4 stars, it is very doable following points above

It is fricking impossible. Just had another perfect stupidly rush rush run. 151 points. Full clear no deaths. I disliked in 9.0 Torghast, now i hate it with a passion.

1 Like

It’s only worse if you’re doing it for points.

If you’re doing it purely for soul ash/cinders and skipping most of the trash, it’s much better because there are fewer floors so it doesn’t take as long.

As stated points matter only “once” to unlock higher tier, then you dont really need to worry about it ( except maybe for adamant vault which requires 5 stars, maybe it will be important somewhat as it is linked with this dumb mechanic of dominations shards).

If you are solo, thorgast easyness kinda depends on the class which is a bit lame …
Dk used to be super strong for example but got gutted very hard ( good synergy went away with no replacements + new trash anima power instead)
monk need only corrosive mist anima, rest is unbalanced compared to this one …
Shaman is however incredibly strong, etc …

But you can do it in duo ( or more). Playing as tank+ heal gives you the opportunity to do a massive pull & then pop empowered status for a lot of bonus points.

Then you can learn the hidden bonus point which are extremely good ( killing 2 elites under 10sec is super easy if you setup or you are blasting the run and grant +10pts)

That’s not how it works.

You need 200 points for a 5 star run. You get a max of 100 for completion.

If you miss things and 99% floors instead, you get 99 points. The rest of the points are made up elsewhere, you just need 1 more point.

Also you need 4 gems for progression, not 5.

Actually the idea of torghast sucks it should be removed!

Well, I just finished a run 2 minutes ago. 1 death, which as per run should not matter, and only missed some vase or F^€£ knows what in 1 room, which ended up giving a 97% completion with 17% Empowered bonus.

All other rooms where 100% with at least 15% empowered bonus.

Final result 3 gems.

SO SCREW THIS! I’m glad my sub is up in 5 days. Good riddance to Shadowlands.

Thats the issue. YOU HAVE TO GET 4 STARS… Playing solo 1 death technically kills your chance even get that 4 stars. This current system is total BS.

Getting 3 stars or even 2 stars should be more than enough to allow you progress next level for cinders. Higher than that are just for achivements etc nothing else. They surely want to time gate cinder progress on ppl

This is simply not true.

1 Like

Well my biggest problem right now with thorgast is the absurd amount of damage intake on layer 11 and beyond.
It’s just almost impossible to go solo & get a clean run. With my ele shaman I had to RNG the 1mn CD on earth elemental because I was just trucked by elites/big pack.
Getting sub 40% in 3GCD into thanatophobia into fear on coldheart was the dream last week.
Finishing the run with no death while clearing & doing sub mimickery to get extra points in the highest layer feels almost impossible without a tank/heal as damage sponge.

Tuning is bad when going solo means it’s just another mythic+ that u need to have a group for.

hmm, it could have something to do with your ilvl, you know, the recommended ilvl for layer 11 i believe is somehting like 236, and for layer 12 252, iirc … just saying …

Well then why thorgast is tuned around 252 (so current mythic ilevel). That does not makes any sense, thorgast is the SL boring mandatory chore for legendary upgrade… It is the entry points for high end content, what you should farm to get you going into the current season …
The last 2 layers are such a bump in term of stats/ilvl requirements for such a little upgrade to the yet-another-weekly-currency to grind from it.
If it was a massive bump of currency it would at least be worth it: if you would be able to complete it somehow, you would be able to craft your legendary in 2 weeks instead of 4-6. But now instead you have extra outdoors activities to do for weekly cinders because the 9.0 system wasn’t grindy enought apparently.

My other complaint is thorgast is completely unbalanced between classes. Some classes scales better than others by an order of magnitude, this is just dumb.

On my DK I can hope to see my dps multiplied by 3-4 by the end of the run.
On my ele shaman I can easily blast last boss in less than 20/40sec if I get the correct powers (which are all common, that does not make any sense)
With the correct power I can hope to see a 15-20k crit death strike on DK vs 400-500k earth shock crit on ele shaman…
In one hand you have a 225% increase who scales with almost no powers, while in the other hand you have 150% nature dmg increase scaling with a 450% earth shock dmg increase.

In that scenario what gear is for exactly ? Not get oneshot by mob autohits ? What a pinnacle of gameplay…

Oh noes, something to work on… what a shame, can’t clear all content on day one …

1 Like

Yet it is ? With a standard tank/ heal /dps layer 12 is clearable with my season 1 gear. I did it np.

My complaint is the tuning problem of mob damage which makes impossible to go solo for some classes. Thorgast is not very fun on groups ( except for the one with correct class + good run who do 50-60%+ of overall group ).

Anyways considering your previous answers you are not really here to have a conversation so have a nice day.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.