9.1 Prot Paladin

So since we’re just two weeks from release now and three from raid start are we getting any Prot Paladin survival buffs? One of the most avoided tanks in mythic CN based on statistics. So far we havent seen a single real change for the spec on ptr to change our situation.

1 Like

Nothing.
There is nothing what would put paladins even close to Guardian or VDH in difficult content in M+ and tanks usually carry buffs in raids so paladins only have dps to bring which is not worth it because we need a babysit healer

A healer who has to babysit also can’t contribute much DPS, so taking a spiky-health heart-attack inducing tank for better damage is a loss either way. By comparison, Prot War will slap +5% damage on melee, can pump out respectable damage themselves, have slightly better kiting, much more stable defensively, and allow people like me to slap out some sweet damage without having to panic.

As someone who always enjoyed Prot Paladin, SL has been a slap in the teeth. It’s been fine from a Prot Paladin PvP perspective (at a casual level), but the spikyness - especially as a non-Kyrian - made me swap to Ret. Ironic considering BFA encouraged me to swap from Prot Warrior to Prot Paladin when Warrior-tanks were the drizzling sh1t’s – until they received their mega-buff and became the go-to for M+.

That’s just the nature of the balance beast.

As a Healer main - if I enter a PuG group and see a Guardian Druid, Prot Warrior or Brewy Monk, it’s a sigh of relief. DH may be meta, but 95% of the DH-tanks I’ve healed are the type who get blown up in a pull. Prot Paladin is arguably worse despite all their utility and self-healing. Death Knight, similar boat. If I see any of those three in a PuG group, I will automatically assume I’ll be watching a ping-pong healthbar and having very little fun.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.