PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Ortellus
45 Human Paladin

1 Like

Early orc questing is literally “go kill these savages so we can have more living space for the orcs!”.

Got banned on my account again, so here we are… again.

Aren’t they comparable to the mongols of real life?

I guess the orcs need lebensraum?

New patchnotes for 9.15: Removed every questline involving the native populations of Kalimdor, new players will be able to grind Exile’s Reach over and over until they are eligable for other areas (This does not include quests involving night elves).

Finally got a chance to jump on the PTR yesterday to try out the new customisation and I’m so happy with the Nightborne changes. Still angry that they weren’t implemented at launch, but it’s enough to make me want to come back and begin my journey over again.

Just add sky boxes to sweeten the deal.

3 Likes

9.1.5 seems to move forward in the right direction but there’s still some things that could be done.
I would be curious if we can manage to get make enough noise and get enough attention to be able to have the devs implement some changes or items or mechanics where the focus is on RP itself.
We do have rp servers sure, but I am probably not the only person that feels like rp in current wow is an afterthought as rp doesn’t see any content made for just that.
You get new zones, dungeons, sets sure… but you dont necessarily get anything thats primarily a tool used for roleplaying or for the ease of it.

I would very much appreciate if there’s people that think alike to spread the word and push for some features that you think would enrich your rp experience.

Please do feel free to join in and ill do my best to add your suggestions to what I hope can be a comprehensive list of things the rp community would want to see added.

1 Like

We’re like 0.5% of the WoW population and Blizzard recognises that they can put 0 work in and we’ll stay subbed because we make content for ourselves.

6 Likes

Now I just want my Wisp-Soulshape form(or whatever its supposed to be) back, thanks.

The day blizzard and America in general reckons with their questionable portrayals of historical parallels to the genocide(s) they’d rather not talk about but also treat as exploitable pop culture memes is the day I hatch from my nymph stage and fly out across the baltic sea.

3 Likes

I… have… RETURNED!

2 Likes

This made me think: if they just turned around and said “no, we’re not changing any of this lore because it’s not a parallel to IRL history” it’d look way less suspect. To me, the idea of going back and saying “we’re removing X because it is a bit dodgy” implies that it WAS dodgy, but they had just been getting away with it until now…

1 Like

You were a bad boy again? :smirk:
Welcome back!

1 Like

bros this… will save… wow.

i was a bit concerned when they as a joke made the gameplay, story, customizations, work culture and gameplay really bad (very funny joke in hindsight now that my liege ion is pulling the ripcord and fixing EVERYTHING) but with these upcoming quality of life upgrades that they could have implemented at any time but chose not to in case the ungrateful fans needed a little goodwill boost later on (how right they were!) it changes EVERYTHING

i for one will be immediately purchasing 9 6 month subscriptions to commend blizzard for this very funny prank

11 Likes

This is one of the reasons I’ve been considering moving to Elder Scrolls Online indefinitely, because their team have made various posts and acknowledgements over the years despite the role-players being a tiny, tiny part of their player base. Including a few QOA updates. They at least appear to see the value in their role-playing community on both the US and the EU megaserver.

Because we are—I’d argue—some of the most dedicated players in terms of the idea that we create content for ourselves, as you say.

I’ll never forget the sliver of pride I felt when Ion addressed the role-play community on both US and EU servers in a Q&A for Battle for Azeroth, I think it was. If I’m not misremembering there was a question from a role-player about the new NPC emotes we saw in Kul Tiras especially and if we’d get them for player characters as well.

It was brief, but it was the first time I had ever seen us be acknowledged and it was a big deal.

Point being — If I was on the community relations team, I’d make hard pushes to at least occasionally acknowledge all facets of the player base. It’d likely require pretty much 0 effort and it’d make a huge difference.

Yeah, and then they basically said “Lol nah, making the emotes for players is Effort” and we never heard from it again…

Funny how ‘quality’ only ever comes up as a way to say “Nah, we wouldn’t be happy with the quality of that”…
Why yes, I am bitter and salty, whatever gave you that impression? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

9.1.5 will feature a number of tasty treats, coming from a place of love for the game. Hope you enjoy!

1 Like

I honestly expected Blizzards “emergency; break glass” moment to be stuff like transmog sets for warcraft 1-3 units, opening up of certain race-class’s etc.

But in reality it’s just fixing stuff people wanted in beta and giving void elves blonde hair.

11 Likes

They will not give anything more than they absolutely must.

Blizzard’s emergency button was literally just to make the allied races viable choices. Void Elves and Nightborne are finally available to play outside of their beta forms.

1 Like

They will need more pressuring if they are to start giving us actually new things and not just things they had easily in reach, just withheld.