PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

GW’s never really gone after anyone for using ‘Greenskin’ and they don’t have it trademarked, it is not the bad Warhammer/GW boogeyman in the slightest, bigger reach to claim it is than Halo Reach tbh (and that was a hugely good game!!)

I’m not at all the type to refer to anyone as SJWs but it is absolutely not Games Workshop/Warhammer in the slightest and the suggestion alone is pretty ridiculous

4 Likes

Love how it’s proven multiple times thats it’s not trademarked, there wasn’t ever proof that it even was, and still people take that as the truth.

Personally I think Blizzard is removing skinbased specie… racism because they’re deadly afraid smoothbrains will make the comparison to RL skinbased racism.

I will bet you a hundred bucks that they removed it because a handful of devs thought it sounded too close to redskin.

1 Like

The sheer amount of copium some people consume on these forums is off the charts.

8 Likes

its definitely very clearly about the word skin, that much is obvious

3 Likes

With the release date being so soon there isn’t much time to really push much else into the patch, but hopefully we can see some more stuff in smaller patches rather than having to wait almost half a year (or more) for another one.
Quality of life changes and little additions here and there.

Also to throw it out there again, if you’d be so kind feel free to help make some noise about getting some much requested rp features or add your own ideas to the list, the more the merrier!

2 Likes

Looks like they absolutely have got nothing worthwhile to announce that would warrant Blizzconline. They’ll still announce, but on a scaled down level.

Honks a powerful horn memeingly.

Looks like the pandemic excuse won’t work here regarding all IPs they wanted to announce. The production must be really far back.

Tinfoil hat on

They don’t want to hold any event with public channels where they could be shamed and mocked for their clownery.

1 Like

Wait are people still using the pandemic as an excuse

lol

I’m not saying that the sky is falling, but the sky is falling.

Their last bastion for hype train is no more.

Damn they can’t even muster a 10.0 announcement, weak.

I’m 50/50 surprised they’re cancelling, since this was an opportunity for the marketing teams to really turn the conversation thanks to gamer’s fickle attention span. On the other hand, I expect a 2022 Blizzcon would be pretty thin on big ticket news.

OW2: Still no real details afaik, don’t even know if they’ve got leadership after the last one stepped out at the end of September.
D4: Chugging along I suppose, but hard to call it BIG news even if they had a release date for it. They at least do have a confirmed replacement devlead.
Hearthstone: Still getting regular updates, but so regularly that not really anything that can headline at blizzcon. They just released a new game mode too.
Starcraft: I wish.
Heroes of the Storm: Dead (RIP :ghost: )
WoW: WoW.

1 Like

Take pity on the WoW development team, the poor guy can’t develop 9.2 and 10.0 all by himself.

I’ll honestly be surprised if any 10.0 content exists by now beyond planning stages. Honestly even 9.2 is looking increasingly less likely.

7 Likes

please just put this game out of its misery already

5 Likes

So… are we to expect the 9.2 announcement at Blizzcon? Can’t wait to see how underwhelming it is. I have no expectations but I know they’ll still find a way to let me down.

I predict that around the time Blizzcon would have taken place a cross-game deal will show up in the Blizzard store that suspiciously looks like it could have been bundled with an e-ticket.

9.2 should be out in before February, not getting announced at that point.

They’ll never do that because the most intense fans of this game will defend any ridiculous system Blizzard implements. People defended conduit energy as if their life depended on it and every stupid system gets its defenders, who all make the same argument of:

• It doesn’t affect you because you’re not a high end player

• If it does affect you despite that, you’re a minority so does it reeaaaally matter :slightly_smiling_face:

• If you are a mythic raider then you’re a minority so does it reaaaaaaally matter :slightly_smiling_face:

• Conclusion: It only affects a small amount of people so does it reaaaaaaaaally matter? :slightly_smiling_face:

Because they live in lala land and think that only a small amount of people want to improve their character in an RPG.

This is not me making excuses for Blizzard, so this is more on a general level. Covid did force workplaces to change a lot of the way they work, so this excuse works out during early 2021 and late 2020… Right now though? Everyone should have found (sorta) their new rythm.

Yeah, I’m surprised myself… I woulda thought that they’d go “For the Shareholders!” and brave the Legions of gamers and their criticism in the Blizzconline.

It’s funny to realize that Legion had gotten such a long pre-production because after MoP they could either go straight to Legion or WoD. Can you imagine than getting more time to round the edges of the draft could eventually lead to a good product?

1 Like

imagine how funny it would be if blizzard just launched the new expansion. no fanfare. no trailer. just a new expac immediately right out the gate

1 Like

the apex legends model…