9.2 affliction it seems they really hate affliction

• [Deliberate Malice (Affliction 2 piece)
    Malefic Rapture’s damage is increased by 15% and each cast extends the duration of Corruption, Agony, and Unstable Affliction by 2 sec.
  • [Calamitous Crescendo (Affliction 4 piece) While Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction are active, your Shadow Bolt has a 20% chance to make your next Malefic Rapture cost no Soul Shards and cast instantly.

They either troll again or dont understand how affliction works.

M+ best spec - sow of seeds ( no rapture spam)
PvP - rapture spam barely manageable, you can’t cast as much.

Shadowbolt there are not a single spec who plays shadowbolt
Drain life is better for PvP and
drain soul is better for pve.

What are these set bonuses?

Watch other specs bonus sets, this is madness

6 Likes

for destro its almost the same spending shards in pvp for rain of fire XD , shadowbolt and drainsoul isnt used in pvp ,

still hoping for a venthyr rework that has synergy and why we need to cast all our covenant abilities ? 2 make the counter easier ?

Drain Soul has a 4% chance per tick to proc the MR. It’s just not displayed here.

Still s bad design, proc on dot Ticks would make more sense and give us a better playstyle

No it wouldn’t, at least not for the content you do. You’d all be here moaning that your DOT’s are getting dispelled. I think it’s a pretty decent combo as it is for ALL content.

That’s why I keep saying, warlock got the worst end of the bonus part. I mean 3 dogs is good for the dog build but still it is not for every playstyle for demo.

I would rather had a bonus like for each demon summoned, you get 4% mastery or haste. A flat dmg increase

Sometimes it seems you aren’t playing the same class/spec as everyone else. Now you’re moaning about an extra dog… That’s a really strong bonus for several reasons. It synergises with multiple builds for all content.

I’m eternally grateful that you have no input into warlock development.

4 Likes

I think you really should go open logs, and get an idea of how much dps dogs currently do, and then add another 50% to it. This doesn’t include tyrant buff, and is at current levels a 600 dps gain. Which compared to a lot of other classes is pretty big.

Also 2set is a dps buff of a few hundred.

This type of complain has been around since i can remember and every patch there is someone copy/pasting the same dumb crap over and over.

Let’s take the shadowbolt complain, leaving aside the fact that Drain also has a chance to trigger it, i think it’s made deliberately to favor Shadowbolt. The whole point of set bonuses were to shake things up, to change your playstyle from patch to patch, wasn’t this your strongest argument to bring tier sets back?

here i have to give this time Atriohm a point , the demo set is fitting the most play-styles
Big dog build . I think the perspective of him is mostly from the pve side, but even in PVP there is synergy
Wilfreds
or stacked souls with necro oneshot ( more demons )

also dont forget the dogs is the 2 set bonus we need to wait how much life the xtra imp has and how much dmg . How strong the tier set will be depends on the extra imp and his life pool .

Back to the aff set
its a 4 % chance on drainsoul also like he said , its good that affs single target in the raid got addressed here . With Malefic Wrath and Shard it sounds like well designed for Raid .

For M+ u can get a free instant on MR with a dot extension while sniping for shards . Not as good as in raid situation but i dont think the aoe in m+ is a problem for aff currently . There could be better designs that dot ticks give the instant MR what could make it more viable in m+ and also for PVP

But for PVP the set looks awful currently think next season i play something different in arena as lock . Also because Destro looks so rng and forces you to cast rain of Fire in arena
The design makes not much sense .

But Yeah other Classes look way better , but lets keep up the hopeium and wait for Tuning

all 3 lock speccs could need some tuning or shifting of the talents

Don’t forget about the 15% damage increase, too. An instant MR will be very strong in M+ for those sad moments when you’re out of shards so you have to just drain.

I think these bonuses will be good for PVP, too. I have 2.1k exp in 3’s playing demo and a little bit of aff in 9.1, I’m not amazing at it, but not terrible. I think playing Shadowbolt might not be a bad thing for aff, Drain is a bit miserable to play in that situation IMO.
For demo, having that extra dog will just help everything along, all your damage comes from post tyrant Demonbolts, but the dogs still do a decent bit of damage on their own. It’ll only help with Sac Souls if you can’t get enough hand casts off during or before your tyrant. IIRC there’s a 20-25% cap on it (I can’t really remember, though)

For the dog yes but not for the Imp, a3 Shard HoG has only a chance of 15% that you Summon ONE Imp.
Where a bm hunter can get 45% extra crit on kill command just be doing his normal rotation. We still have rng. That’s the point, I don’t think the bonus is a bad idea. It’s just bad compared to others.

Edit:
Monk for an example:
WW 2: Increases Fists of Fury damage by 40%.
WW 4: After 10 offensive abilities, your next 3 offensive abilities deal an additional 22% damage.

Just looking at this set bonus already makes me wonder how bad designing is for locks, as mentioned above all other classes have superior set bonuses which applies to their normal rotation, while lock have all rng stuff with useless overall design, where you can’t even use set bonus e.g as affliction, because drain life is way superior to any of set builds.

y also currently more impressed by other class sets , but drainlife isnt the best solution here 2 , they designed these sets that they should work in both contents . Also i dont want a Setbonus on a spell i can get kicked on ( missed the mark in pvp for aff and destro )

Only good change so far . The new pvp Stat bonus isnt Enhancing versa anymore . Locks werent a good versa scaling class at all

Demo scales well with vers

They should change the set bonus a bit, like Destru gets a few cb after one is finished. As 4 bonus. And the 2 is, instant incinerate after a cast is finished.

Affli has a charge to get a free MR, via dot Ticks. And against targets with corruption you have 25% more crit chance.

Demo should have guaranteed summons on HoG, or just make the next HoG a free cast. Dogs can stay at least it is 100%.

They address main only Affliction ST problems in this patch…

The most of Affliction problems seems to be the talents, following discussion here:

i think the balance issues of lock in general are more the covenant abilities and synergys with the class here , take for example mage shifting power , resets all cds “all” . Or venthyr boomy a 3 min cd on top of your 3 min cd think when everyone loses their powers in next expansion lock could be on the same lvl again as other classes, even if there are still issues with synergy in the speccs

The joy of casting blizzard/orb into shifting power then immediately into blizzard/orb again on a massive aoe pack is something every Warlock should try before they die.

1 Like

at least we have a specc that is named like what out class is , Demo , means like demonstration because the whole class got stuck in shadowlands beta XDD

3 Likes