PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Is the same thing as Bethesda telling you that their Fallout Games (recent ones) had standards.

The history of Blizzard has always been about taking an idea from some other franchise or name that lacked polish and do it themselves afterwards as a better and superior product. The last two expansions have felt like a Fallout 76. Broken product, whether on purpose or not, that is progressively patched up to a state that isn’t Beta like until the last months of the expansion and then throw all of what they’ve (not) learned into the bin instead of using that already accomplished work to at least use it as baseline for the next expansion with further improvements.

Guess we’ll have our answer in the 10…0 Beta. In my case, if there’s hint of anything broken, meant to disrespect my time as a customer and player. Sighs I’m not sure I’ll have it in me to continue down this path.

Funny how all of Bellular’s “Easy Wins for Blizzard” video are now being considered or being implemented.

Again, good move. Will keep those who stuck around happy. To those who left I think it’s gonna take these kinds of move to be carried out ever more in the future.

2 Likes

Just give me this update now. I don’t want to wait months.

Yeah, you’d have alt friendliness and people would have the feeling that their goals aren’t inachievable unless they no life on it. Anyone with a 9-5 Job could be having a general hard time just getting their covenant Tmog for their main.

You should just play a different game in the meantime (such as Pathfinder Kingmaker, currently free to play for the weekend and on a steep discount, and its follow up game, Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, due out this coming Thursday).

1 Like

Shameless of you to shill for Pathfinder like that Elenthas, but I can respect the move.

We’re almost there. Just a few days…

I play ESO, FFXIV and Warhammer II more than WoW.
But I want to feel that zest, I feel like I’m letting my RP guild down.

What even is the difference? Last I checked wow scaling takes away your abilities just like ff.

It doesn’t in Timewalking at least.

I saw my wife play it, and it just feels soul-crashingly hard, number-crunchy, and overall frustrating compared to the kind of RPGs I’m used to playing (BioWare games, Neverwinter Nights 2, etc).

Yeah, unless you’re really into figuring it everything and playing it on a turn based mode the game is unforgiving for complete neophytes.

I personally just played it at best on Normal mode for the most part and tuned down that game on Lore difficulty (very easy) when some bosses and fights were destroying my sanity such as the Rovavug fight.

I’m mostly into the game for it’s story and RPG elements and different ways it responds to your alignement. The combat, I don’t mind difficulty but I will prioritize fun over challenge.

I never play RPGs at a difficulty harder than Normal, but here even Normal seems too hard. It’s like it’s tuned for hardcore old-school players.

I had a similar problem with Pillars of Eternity, which I bought but quit very quickly when even easy difficulty felt too hard.

Yeah that’s… The main contention people have with the franchise to begin with. Believe me the amount of complaints I voiced whenever I faced the Wild Hunt in any other difficulty than easy can be counted in the dozens.

That seems to be the case. I don’t understand 3/4 of the RPG systems and texts in the game myself. So yeah, just play Owlcat games on very easy to easy if you just want to have a good time and fun. If you want challenge, well prepare to have a paper sheet to crunch numbers and elaborate the character builds very intricately. The latter isn’t my version of fun, obviously.

1 Like

Covenant swapping without cooldown or cost should have been the Renown 40 award. Really quite simple.

You just can’t help be bitter about this. Unless you’re still a totally clueless player or a Blizzard Andy, anyone who can recognize the pattern weve been stuck in for 5 years, I find it hard not to be completely and utterly bitter about this.

1 Like

about to try and solo Theatre of Blood (on story mode) again for Night at the Theatre so I can get my quest cape

I can solo most of it pretty flawlessly, but I always die on Verzik right at the end :pensive:

https://i.gyazo.com/77e18a772119dbf522d9a4d1648ec623.jpg
wish me luck fellas

Update: Had a flawless run, going to Verzik with full inventory of supplies. Jagex’s potato servers decide to neck themselves and get killed by completely avoidable damage due to the world ping skyrocketing to 1200 and your character refuses to move.

I hate this quest with all my heart

1 Like

Never really got into OSRS tbh

I tried at one point, farmed up a bunch of kickass mithril gear from mining

Went AFK (in a town) and came abck to find my character had been killed by a ‘Black Knight’ and I lost all my mithril stuff, only had a copper pickaxe left in my bags

Decided that OSRS isn’t for me then

Its funny that the devs have had to drop most of the restrictions earlier than they intended.

Lets face it, if they could get away with it, they would’ve kept the restrictions until the last patch of Slands.

4 Likes

No one seriously contests that, I imagine. 7.1.5 is desperation. They are taking a break from their usual stance of being player unfriendly for the sake of MAUs and mandatory grind hours, because now they can’t get away with it.

The coming months, and the next expansion above all, will make or break WoW.

4 Likes

Pretty much. I don’t think anyone will be surprised if the final patch will be choke full of grind and barriers… Pragmatically speaking, they more or less need to give themselves the time needed until the next expansion.

If their design philosophy hasn’t changed however, if they ship another half-baked expansion that doesn’t have nearly as much content as Legion’s, they will be in a position that will be impossible to recover from.