95% reduction in XP-gain for everyone in party with someone that uses EXP-Lock

Good change, I hate boosters and boosted people as they destroy the spirit of the game.

1 Like

Il just repeat my self they where nerffing stuff since Cataclysam,stonedrakes in deepholm,mop saurok timewalking,black prince mobs,wod with elixir,legion invasion,legion argus invasions,legion 7.3.5 max lvl xp,and now with bfa the xp potion glitch(those guys characters didnt get a rollback),and now the freehold and ie.
My point being there is always something to nerf,and its highly hypocritcal people who where selling boosts for gold now threatning how they will quee with the debuff,and saying how blizzard want to only sell max lvl boost(people where already buying token for gold,so they afford those char boost) wich is just my second point now its just the guys who are mad about there easy gold getting hurt and going into tantrum outrage.
I will say without a doubt that BFA is the worst expansion,but this change is a good change from them.No conspiracy nor anything,just bounch of hypocrits on the forums trying to justfy them self.

You “hate” them because you have no idea how it works. The spirit of the game is not the same for everyone. For some people low level questing is not fun so they use their currency to exchange it for a service that helps them to have fun sooner.
Honestly I don’t see a problem with it and if trade chat spam was so bad THAT should have been solved and not twinking.
Instead they will force you to level for 90hrs if you want to play a new allied race/New op racial in pvp OR you’ll pay 60euros.
Good job fh boost whiners.

I don’t know, why? Blizz implement this… but it’s more like they are wasting their resources on irrelevant things. Instead, of focusing on issues that players face everytime they login to the game.

This will discourage players from grouping up because some are not interested in lvling but to have an experience in the game.

1 Like

I see your point but i’m not one of those boosters and i hope you don’t see me personally as that. I’m one of those who likes to experience past expansions as “current” by stopping my xp gain, when i’m done with that i remove it and move on.

You are right when you call out the hypocrites going in to a tantrum on the forums over a change like this cause it will hurt them badly in their boosting activities.

In the mean while i noticed that i did read 1 part wrong which is that the debuff applies to grouped members before queuing. Will this mean that i and a friend want to queue grouped for Legion dungs with our xp terminated will suffer from it too? I hope not.

1 Like

I hope it’s not the case.Think they need to fine tune it a bit,the wording is scuffed.Best thing would be to hop on the ptr and chek out.

1 Like

That was it’s intended purpose as well. I ran in a guild who wanted to start from 60 Raids all the way through to Current in WOD so we stopped our XP at 60/70/80/85/90 to do all the content current

1 Like

The mistake i made in reading how it works had to sink in, read the US forums a bit also.

It only affects those grouped before queuing so if you and i were to queue as a group with our xp gain terminated, it doesn’t affect those we get grouped with through the lfd tool, just us but that wouldn’t matter cause we would both have our xp gain terminated anyway.

1 Like

I’m sure the max level “no exp” and using the NPC to turn it off are seen differently by Blizzards software though so it would make it easier for them to differentiate between the two.

2 Likes

I just wonder how many people outraged by this are actually afflicted by it… Feels like mob mentality if anything.

I don’t care about people making money by boosting others nor I care about people paying for boosts.
But neither do I care about this “business” being shut down in the very same way :smile:

I wonder though, whether they’ll fix the low level battleground issue too - maybe put a debuff on everyone that does the opposite, like “Players around you have XP enabled, XP enabled for everyone” which would fix the twinks - which IS AN ACTUAL EXPLOIT that is yet to be fixed.
…unlike people turning XP off and utilizing the scaling tech :ok_hand:

I think the one thing that annoys people is how they let it go on for so long - if they didn’t like it they should have removed the ability to turn off xp until they figured out what they wanted to do about it.

Some 110/111 twinks have spent a lot of time farming and getting their toon geared up and it was another way for people to make their own fun in this very stale and out of date game.

I only disliked the boosters because they took over trade chat. It could have worked better if they were told to use communities and find people via the forums/word of mouth.

Now if Blizz don’t want to look like they have double standards then they really need to remove the paid boost.

1 Like

Oh yes, Blizzard can certainly distinguish between a 120 and an XP-locked character. What I meant was that they shouldn’t, in this context.

I remember someone saying XP earned by an LFD group containing a 120 was lowered? I don’t know how much. Between scaling and bizarre XP distribution, nothing makes much sense to me anymore, but a 120 could boost Freehold as well as a 110/111 could. Maybe not quite as fast, but well enough to be effective.

The whole party get the debuff and it does not say which player is causing it.

I understand the need to prevent boosts like the FH levelling 110-120 in 2 hours, that is not in the spirit of the game, but this party wide debuff for being in a party with a twink had BETTER relate to FULL premade groups only else LFG will implode…as will I.

I could get behind this if they removed the paid character boost - how is that In the spirit of the game?

2 Likes

Do they?

Someone explained only those who queue together with the XP-off guy get the debuff - or was it just a suggestion…?
Either way, that would be the best solution.

The game already removes people who queued together shall one of them leave prematurely (which was an issue back in Cata, when people queued with someone as a tank, who then left immediately, so Blizz fixed it in that manner).

Boost is up to level 110 - that is to get you to the most recent expansion.

Freehold boosts are bypassing it rather effectively.

Plus you get one with the expac purchase.

120 boost is just around the corner you will see.

Do you think it is some coincidence that the survey asked about boost prices?

1 Like

Yeah, just like 90 and 100 were - when the next expansion is like 3 months from live server.

I think it will be sooner.

People wanted to bypass those 10 levels so badly that some bought WoW tokens to do it… you think Blizz will miss an opportunity like this to make more money and get rid of the spam at the same time?

1 Like

Yeah, but that is in the realm of assuming right now :smile:

The boost is basically to “get you up to speed”.

FH boosts are simply “I cba playing the game”.

At least that’s how I see it.

People wouldn’t mind it if the alternatives were more engaging… even myself as an altaholic just can’t go through BFA stuff again.