95% reduction in XP-gain for everyone in party with someone that uses EXP-Lock

I’ve seen people complain about boost for months now, even appeared in two Q&A iirc.

This is something people wanted for months, now they got it.

I don’t even understand why people are crying about how unfair it is in LFG. There are very few twinks and they won’t spend too much time in queue for leveling content so why bother ? I doubt it’ll ever happen to you.

This is targeted at boosting and it won’t have too many side effects, no big issue.

2 Likes

Well, there are things that deserve to be looked at for sure.

Like when you buy a flight master map that unlocks flight paths, but not the flight master, so you then use the whistle and find yourself at an empty spot :smile:

Or when you merely start the Drustvar questline, you effectively phase out the rest of the zone including the dungeon entrance, unless you complete it all.

As opposed to not even starting it and having the dungeon entrance open :smile:

Or “listening” (reading chat bubbles) to Wyrmbane explain the “battle plan” for Xth time, which means pick up the quest and sit there for a couple of minutes to be able to move on…
Yeah, stuff like that really gets on my nerves.

So I kinda understand that people get angry when Blizz “fixes” FH boost yet the actual leveling “re-experience” is junk.

1 Like

Both can be seen as “I cba playing the game” to be honest. Leveling up to the newest is, or should at least, be part of the game. The problem is that for most people leveling, even at the newest expansion, is so boring they would rather skip it. Since the only thing that has mattered in the game for a while now is endgame. Honestly I don’t think any one could claim that FH boosts are bad for the game while the 110 boost is not. They both let you skip a part of the game.

I think that FH boosts would only be negative if it was done with irl money, but that is a possibility with anything that involves a lot of gold in wow.

1 Like

Yeah but sometimes people ask for the removal of things that don’t involve them at all just because they don’t like the sound of it. Blizzard should know by now that not everything people ask for is good for the game.

Rather elegant solution, now something about m+ and raid boosts please. Like no loot for anyone if half of the raid already looted boss.

1 Like

People are really exaggerating here. It’s obviously only going to be for premade groups to actively negate boosting to take advantage of the broken scaling.

Most people upset about this obviously have a stake in this whole ordeal.

2 Likes

Which is fair, and there were other ways to deal with it.

I think this is overall better to not have leveling boosts but it shows how unwilling people are to levelup their toons and Blizzard needs to adress this issue asap.

It’s just that this change is pretty targeted at boosting, as you can’t afaik play along leveling caracters with xp lock in BG, as twinks should have their own queues.
The only issue if lfd but then again how many times will they tag until they are satisfied ?

Mostly harmless for toons but deadly for boosters, surprisingly clean coming from Blizzard.

2 Likes

It’s on the PTR, if blizz can’t figure this one out beforehand I… I… I honestly wouldn’t even be surprised anymore.

Nice doomsaying though, we don’t even have a release date yet.

I doubt this will affect solo queue or dungeon running etc. As long as it targets what they’re trying to fix - that being exploitation of Island Expeditions - then it’ll be fine. I do get that people wanna level fast, but exploiting the system for financial gain is a grey area. Is it something I would have made a feature to counter? No, not personally. I’ve leveled enough alts that any shortcut is a blessed relief. But it ain’t my game - and as long as people keep giving them useful feedback and make their voices heard, it’ll be designed in such a way as to cause minimal muss and fuss for everyone else.

Because Blizzard do listen, for all the mistakes they make along the way. And they do improve things as long as people make their voices heard.

Prevent XP locked characters from dungeon queuing with none-XP locked characters, issue fixed.

It seems like Blizzard want everyone to have a good reason to quit :thinking:

why would a twink join lfg if he has exp off?

I hope this change is limited to island expedition or just premade groups. I have multiple paladins with exp turned off in every range from 60 to 110 with the only purpose of doing dungeons from previous expansions and solo raids with some challenge.

Obviously in the solo part this wont affect me but from time to time i like to do again BRD with my 60 paladin just for fun and that does not harm anyone.

On the other hand maybe they received alot of reports from people trying to do dungeons getting told to “stay back” while some random twink jumped past everything to kill the end boss so some random person who bought a boost gets the xp while you can’t get the quest item…

And if you say or pull anything - besides alot of attitude - you’ll also just get vote-kicked out before the end.

Personally I hope this is just for 100+ or something.

Hang around more in the forums, you’ll see people are more butthurt about what others are doing with their gold, than their own progress :crazy_face:

Are you talking about a real twink do you call any char that has its exp gain stopped a twink?

In case of the latter and when i speak for myself, i do it so i can finish quest-lines that demand me to go into 1 or more dungeons. That my char gets geared well during that process is nice but not the main goal.

Pretty sure it doesn’t work like you think it does. If you are in a party with an exp locked character when queuing, you’ll get the -95% less exp punishment. If a twink randomly joins your dungeon, it doesn’t happen.

3 Likes

What Papudeath said.

Finally the end of twinking and people now gets to experience the interesting world that blizz has used so much time to create? :wink:

Think it is a good idear. Encourage people to play the game not get things handed too easy

The System doesnt define anything. Anyone that locks Xp, twink or no, will give this effect to other people in the party.

Its just that xp locking is mostly only used by twinks.

Doesn’t matter. Theres a system in place that prevents people from being kicked in the start of a dungeon.

To troll people obviously. If you think that twinks wont go out and actively grief people because of this then youre wrong xd

Nope. This doesnt really hurt twinks. It hurts people that encounter twinks. And twinks aside people are still gonna rush dungeons to max lv, nobody is going to “see the world”.