95% reduction in XP-gain for everyone in party with someone that uses EXP-Lock

Its only reduces xp for people in a party with the twink as grouped with them for queues or going in to dungeons. Not LFG. Instance group and party group are separate.

2 Likes

Source? Last time I tried checking the PTR I couldn’t do LFG due to nobody queueing.

1 Like

Well blizz announced today that this will only affect parties that invite a twink manually not through lfg

Yeah which means that you can still boost people, which means that nothing changes and that this “fix” does absolutely nothing. What else is new, I suppose.

It looks to me that you have no idea how this feature will work yet you keep predicting it will fail, you’re set out to hate it no matter what.

This feature will make it so that everyone that groups up with a twink will receive 95% less experience.

This means that you can still boost people in other ways e.g. Queuing up for a random dungeon at the same time and only accepting the role call if you both get the pop at the same time, indication that you’ll be in the same party.

All that this change does is make people not-want to group up with people that are experience-locked. Does it stop certain boosting methods? Yes. Does it also kill a part of player interaction and thus community? Yes, it does.

I suppose this change also shows what Blizzard prioritizes.

Find me one single multiplayer game in where restricting player interaction specifically made the game better.

Nope. I definitely thought it through beforehand.

they are incapable of thinking beyond ruining players fun, also I think they believe there are no issues lol

Way to go Blizzard, continue to remove anything that works for ridding the game of inbuilt tedium. Next up no more ground mounts and walking everywhere.

Thats why I don’t get the vanilla hype. Loads of people watching some dude walking somewhere for 3 hours all raving about how cool it is.

4 Likes

What a ridiculous statement. Nobody ever tuned in to a stream to rave about the long travel time during regular gameplay when it’s not a “lv 1 race to X place”.

Dunno theres plenty of people tuning into Vanilla streams to watch some dude trek from a gy to their corpse which can take that long. Only to watch them spam one ability once they res.

Curious which part they are raving about? It must have been one of those 2 things? Or was it just the nostalgia “feels” that’ll pass when they realise its about as fun a root canal?

1 Like

That’s a gross overestimation. Nobody tunes in specifically to watch someone walk somewhere in-game. People watch the streams for the personalities of the streamers and their interaction with events in the game and their interaction with other streamers.

Oh you’re one of thóse people.

Damn right I am.

Yeah that’s not a good thing or anything to brag about.

Thats subjective. I think twinks are pathetic, come at me. See, we can both insult others preferences and povs.

…We’re not talking about twinks though are we? We’re talking about “wanting vanilla is only because you’re nostalgic. the game was actually bad.”

But it was bad by todays standards. It was exciting because it was unknown and the fact that you could play online was a huuuuuuuuge novelty. Exploring is cool, working stuff out and helping others with nuggets of information and asking for help.

Lets face it, rotations sucked, balance sucked and stuff was unpolished but that was ok because of what I said in paragraph one.

You can’t get that back, we’ve got google and wowhead and youtube and information disseminates faster these days. 15 years later its going to look slow, tedious and unpolished.

All the things that made it special were because it hit the world at a certain time, you can’t repeat that. You might not want to hear it but thats my opinion. If it makes me one “of those people” I won’t apologise for my views. Time will tell if I’m right or not. I hope people get what they want out of Classic but I just don’t see it happening. all the streamers are already “race to level x” and “I got BiS”. Whats left now? They’re done with it.

2 Likes

When it comes to MMORPGs, Classic is fifty times the game that Retail is.

BfA was unknown too but I had the most boring time playing through it on its release. Same with WoD and Legion.

Less helping others out with information and more ‘being forced to group up because the threat you face is too difficult for you alone’. There’s none of that today.

Incredibly false. Many of the rotations back then are way more fun and exciting than they are now with a large emphasis on Warriors. This counts for every class in PvP.

Unlike now? Lmao.

Stuff is still unpolished now. Character customization, Leveling, Clipping transmogs and mounts, the boring difficulty of most things – just from the top of my head.

Yes you can. I’ve played the Beta myself and watched a lot of footage of other people playing it and it’s like we’re back in 2005 again. It’s a thousand times more fun than the retail game for many different reasons.

The slower pace of the game is actually what makes it better. Nowadays it’s more of a hack-and-slash game from a Warrior perspective. There’s nothing to it.

Like how people such as you can’t take it that Classic, design-wise is much better than BfA when it comes to being an MMORPG?

You were already proven wrong. Watch the Beta footage.

Same could be said for Retail. “We’ve reached max level and got an avg ilv of 415 – what’s left now? We’re done with it.”

Like I said, you have your views, I have mine. We’ll see whose are more widely held soon enough.

And when do you figure that will be, and by whose definition?