The excruciating agony begins again today

… the only thing remaining from Retail I really want.

The Headless Horseman mount.

And boy I really hate grinding it. I’ve been doing it every.damn.year. Last year I queued on 12 different characters every single day, I hoped that would be the the year. It didn’t happen. So there’s the hope it will be this year, but most probably it won’t be this year…

2 Likes

Mine dropped last year, after doing the Horseman-Daily since the first Halloween-Event.
I know your pain brother, just hang in there!

2 Likes

:shamrock: for luck to everyone going for it this year. Hope this is the year it drops for you :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Do you have the love rocket?

Got it the first year snd didnt know it existed and never even use it
Teehee

Good luck to everyone that farms this :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I got lucky. It took me just two years across - I suppose it was 8 or 10 characters.

Now the Horseman’s mount is my default for any character that hasn’t found his or her ideal match yet.

I hope ALL of you who have been farming so long get it this year! :+1:

1 Like

Im hoping it does not drop for me as I already got it. I read that this can happpen. Unlikely but still. If it does I hope I can give it to someone who has not got it yet.

1 Like

Good luck and may the odds ever be in your favour! :jack_o_lantern:

10 Likes

Got mine 10 years ago… guess I was very lucky.

1 Like

This is gonna be a golden post to requote at the next azerite vendor QQ thread.
:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’m disappointed at the lack of appropriate gif, so let me assist.

5 Likes

I got mine on TBC, and how I got it was even worse endeavour, but is the reason i oppose and dislike personal loot. Back on days I had people do summons for me. I went on trade and looked and paid for people, who do not want mount - do the summons so they’d pass it for me. Took me 200 summons to get it. That is 199 summons or so by OTHER people during the event.

Personal loot however is one of the biggest pile of BS which is reason i have never gone to do i.e. the love-rocket etc things because personal loot is RNG and does not reward effort.

Personal loot should go :frowning:

I think there should be currency that drops in the dungeon that you can buy the mount from the vendor. Would be boring sure, but at least the end would be in sight.

So silly people have been paying and playing for years who never see it.

0.5% drop chance is not something a person should use for targeted farming. Especially due to the phenomenon of desire being in inverse relation to drop chance.
And it is particularly demotivating because you know that until it drops, all the effort put into hoping it drops is wasted if you give up. That’s an unhealthy attachment.
I have difficulty imagining that anyone is so much in love with a specific undead rotten horse among other undead rotten horse types available that they have to make themselves so unhappy for it.
Some life experiences are meant to be failures, so that we WIN enlightenment, free our minds and transcend our old self and become empowered.

May I suggest you forget about that mount and instead try to catch the Mad Merchant and buy the Prismatic Bauble for 250K gold? You can integrate it into your mount macros and it will leave a rainbow trail while you’re zipping around.

Now if that is not beating a dead horse! :smile:

I’m glad I’m done with that.

It is my favourite mount - because it is slick and gets trough the doorways, looks nice and all sorts of reasons. I practically lived in trade/general and scarlet monastery while I hunted that mount.

After personal loot came I tried the rocket - i think 2 years and considering i have always had ca 20-30 max level characters you can imagine why I eventually stopped attending any of the events.

Same reason why I tried, but eventually when BfA came still had no reward from emissary box (dragon from Legion)- now I am oppose of any RNG and would support anything that rewards persistence and effort.

So let say this mount - have alternative look alike from vendor, so there be still a lure for mount collectors, but have also reward for those who like the model and style of the mount and have put genuine effort to obtain it. Or otherhand for my sake put the whole same mount as vendor reward.

I could rant endlessly here about how much I despise RNG and personal loot on things like mounts. Even the worse offender is the isles. I am not sure which I dislike more the paragon mounts or isle mounts. But since effort in this game is NOT rewarded I have started to put less into my game play as well.

But see in TBC when I did it - the every summon and 5 people in party actually meant that I get the mount eventually and I did. I put effort in it, I spent time on it, i got rewarded on it. With current system it matters none if you do extra or not.

1 Like

That reminds me, I should use mine on my characters for the next two weeks :3

Hope you get it soon so you can go right back to Classic and frostboltspam yourself into bliss!

I got the brewfest mount the first time I queued for it this year.