Mardiva's Laboratory, quest won't complete after activating device

I completed the first quest with choosing a crystal to activate (although after watching a video guide, it didn’t look like that when I activated it, with “flames” appearing), then went with a friend to do some WQs while he had time for it, then came back later to take next quest in Mardiva’s Laboratory questline where I have to activate the device. I clicked on ‘activate’ and enemy appeared, which I killed.
But I can’t complete the quest, because no matter how many times I click on ‘activate’ device it doesn’t activate it.
I have tried to reload ui several times, tried to abandon and retake quest several times.

Hi, Vendithià! o/

If I understand this correctly, you activated the device, and killed the elemental appearing, but the quest didn’t advance, and is still asking you to activate the device, right?

If this is the case, I would simply abandon the quest and start it again. You’ll have to kill the elemental again, but it should work.

What probably happened is that at some point, while playing with your friend, your group became a raid group. Most quests can’t be completed in raid groups, which can cause these kinds of issues.

I have abandoned the quest several times and killed the enemy several times. It didn’t help.

Also, I’m not sure what happened, but it has changed my character here, I haven’t played Vendithià for over a year and have always had it set to Eathryl lol
Guess it’s not my day today, every single quest in game I do won’t complete. The starfish I pick up doesn’t count, so have had to abandon all quests.
Could this somehow be an addon problem?
Although I’m not sure how that would work

Only on Naz, haven’t tried other areas. Sorry for not adding this to my first post. Am feeling extremely drained, so forgot.

UPDATE: I exited game, renamed the three folders to old, then started game and it worked. Then I named them back to WTF, Interface, Cache, opened game and it worked. So not sure if it was an addon or if I had to completely quit game and then open again for it to work. But now it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.