A character with that name already exists

I waited about an hour and the server has not resolved the issue. I tried opening a ticket but it keep saying the MSInfo32 file is not valid. How is it possible for me to report this if I can’t use an in game ticket either :(.

3 Likes

Having the same problem. Have been waiting for over an hour now.

My gf has the same problem… Been like this for almost 3 hours now… Any respone at all ? No ?

1 Like

This happens when the character doesn’t log out properly/gets disconnected mid login, but it shouldn’t last for several hours.

The ingame ticket system and the one on the site is the same. Try using this to open a ticket if you still need help https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/464/ticket (ignore the part about the item restoration, just write “not applicable” in the box)

Hey all,

We had some positive reports earlier on, but are still keeping an eye on this. If you do still experience this issue, please let me know which character is affected (and on which realm).

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

1 Like

I got this unable to access char since last night

If you mean your character is still affected post which character and which realm as Nenyasqi asked above.

oh sorry the char in post (Willium-draenor)

One of my characters has beem stuck for over 5 hours now. Still cant play that one character.
Name: Rotstrike
Realm:Draenor EU

Thank you for the updates. For now, please don’t hesitate and contact support directly to regain access to those characters again. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

put I ticket in and got reply when offline after over a day of been stuck. with a message to contact the GM with the name of char and realm (which was in the opened ticket btw). how do I resolve this, surely I do not need to raise another ticket? Would the weekly realm restarts resolve this as it may be quicker that the ticket system?

has anybody else got this issue? mine been stuck since Saturday evening

Did you reopen the ticket? I don’t know why the GM missed it, but a GM would need to look at it if it isn’t fixing itself.

unable to. the GM marked the ticket as resolved. So had to do another ticket still waiting.

If you can would you help me with this “the character with that name already exists”? i got this problem on my main Kapixpompa Argent dawn

Hey, I cannot get over your Support system, asking too much irrelevant questions… All i need to manually log off my character, thats all :slight_smile:

Character with that name already exist: Bulled @Mograine, thank you for swift help! :slight_smile:

Hello i am having same issue on WoW classic on realm Ashbringer and character Narcodealer, would apreciate some help.

1 Like

Having the same issue right now:
Aggramar/Chakita

Hi everyone! The problem causing this should be resolved, however if you are still experiencing it, can I suggest that you try moving your character using the Stuck Character self-service this could help resolve the character issue if it’s continuing now.

Should this not resolve it you can reach out to Customer Support.

I have this problem with my character “Izza” Realm: Patchwerk; EU-German, Horde