A character with that name already exists

Hey.

I keep getting this error message. Tried all the steps suggested by the blizzard support page. Still wont work.

I was supposed to move realms but cant do that either cause i have mail in my inbox… What to do?

Enteko - Firemaw

2 Likes

I’m also getting this error message.

Char - Insure on Mograine.

Same here. Frutonfisk on Firemaw. Been getting this error for over an hour now. Getting really fed up paying for this

1 Like

Same here on Gublag-Golemagg “A character with that name already exists”. After the server problems. My character is stuck somewhere in the sea of Stranglethorn Valley after leaving Booty Bay.

Tried all methods posted (scan, waiting 30mins, even the Move Character service on support) and been like this for 2 hours. Greatest thing is that im missing raid. Thnx

I cant even use the self service character move. Gives me error messages that to…

I also have this issue on my character.

Mograine - Viperion

im also getting this error message " A character with that name already exists" i Tried all methods too.

Firemaw - Excalibür

Yep same here and then I get an automated message saying “it has been resolved” with another message saying “there was an error contact a Game Master”. Which made me laugh… last time I saw a game master was… i cant really remember.

1 Like

Is it even possible to make a good old ticket these days? If so you need a masters degree finding out how

Not that I know of and if there is they hid it very well.

Yeah, i cant Seem to find it too.

Got the same problem. Can’t find the ticket submission. This is pissing me off.

Multi-billion dollar company but no customer support!

Soo just tried to scan and repair… After scan i get a new error!

“something broke, try again”

haha! now im laughing my *** off! seems like this whole thing is broken

I told a battlenet friend to add my character to the ingame server friends list and tell me if I am still online. It is still connected lol. He’ll tell me if I it ever disconnects.

I already did the scan and repair and nothing happened. This is a server issue not a client issue.

Trying to repair gave me a new issue. Play button now says update, when i click it it says “Cant repair when game is updating” but nothing is actually updating…

I give in and up…

I got the same issue. “A character with that name already exists”
and its been stuck for several hours now.
I even tried deleting the character and restoring it but it gave me “character deletion failed”

character: Calîstro Firemaw EU

I have same problem, been away from the client and made a “ticket” (approximate response time is 4 days and 17 hours - great, I hope I get those days and hours back if I can’t logg onto my character in that time back in some sort of reimbursement, but I’m not having any hopes about that) about 1 hour ago, I can logg onto my other character on the same server without any issues despite the other one being “logged in and in use”.

Tried what Blizz has written on their support page, nothing helps.

Character I have problem with: Zuggzugg - Mograine

May we get a Blizzard response? At least to tell us they are looking into it?

Same problem here, happened over 3 hours ago when our EU server Mograine threw a hissy fit and became completely lagged out which left me no option but to alt-F4 out (I guess possibly due to removing layering and not having enough hardware resilience).