[A] Dying Like Dodos - recruiting raid dps and social members

Who are we?

We are Dying Like Dodos! A family friendly alliance social raiding guild located on the Azjol-Nerub / Quel’Thalas Server :slight_smile: Our leadership has been around since the beginning of time and have experience in all aspects of running a guild.

We put our efforts into creating a great place for everyone to feel welcome and encourage inclusion not elitism! We do not care about your gaming experience, all players are welcome, new and old alike.

We love all aspects of the game, raiding, instances, mythic+, mog runs and just general farting about with friends! We have an active discord and guild chat and our aim is to have members that enjoy themselves and everything this fantastic world has to give. PvP is not a big thing in guild but if you want to die by the hands of the horde who are we to stop you? :smiley:

Recruitment: (updated 14/08)

Raid team:
DPS - ranged and Melee

Raids are Friday and Saturday from 2030-2300.

Social only members of any class/ role are more than welcome, whether you just want to log on and talk as you quest away, do some 5 mans or join in with events planned by the guild, everyone is welcome to apply.

Regarding Classic, we will definitely be dabbling in that and aim to create an alliance guild on Mirage Raceway so guild members can play together dying in long forgotten ways a lot more often!

Who are you?
We are first and foremost aimed at the more mature player, perhaps you have kids or a job or a cat that refuses to get off the keyboard? Maybe you are just burned out and can’t be bothered with all the stress that goes with raiding 3 or 4 times a week and would like to chill in a friendly atmosphere while logged on where people actually answer when you say “hello”. All we ask is that you are active in guild and have an understanding that real life can get in the way sometimes!

If we’ve sparked an interest then hit any of the guild up in-game for a chat; we are mostly online after the kids go to bed or throw me a message on Bnet for a chat: Afaira#2460 :blush: or you can also find us on discord.gg/FQb88dn :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there folks, I’d just like to second Shortcake’s post above and reinforce what a welcoming and friendly environment we have here at the guild.

We have already recruited a number of members to our ranks and built the grounds of what is no doubt going to be a long and exciting journey and friendship together.

We would love for you to be a part of our family - and warmly welcome you with open arms and encourage you to talk with one of us if you feel like our guild is someplace you could call home and set your hearthstone :slight_smile:.

Speak to either myself or Shortcake ingame or you can contact us on our battletags:
Afaira#2460 or Chrysten#2605

Hey folks :slight_smile: A bit like a Christmas cake we are fruity, satisfying and good for the soul :slight_smile: We are now looking for a few more nuts to join our mix! We have an up and coming tank and healer and some crunchy dps so we would really like another tank and couple of healers to set off our raid team! Experience or level does not matter as we have experienced players that can help.
Give us a shout on the above contact details for more info!

Hey readers and potential guildies!

Recruitment is going very well since the guild moved to Quel’Thalas/Azjol-Nerub, a few are in the leveling phase while others run dungeons and WQs. What would be amazing is that we add to the pleasant atmosphere within the guild and form a strong community.

So if you have a busy week or kids that run around like they had too much sugar, and simply want a quiet weekend where you can log in and chat with likeminded players then this may be the guild for you. Forget about experience or item level as it’s not needed here, just be yourself and join in with guild groups so that pugs will be less stressful or not even required!

We will run end game content eventually, so Mythic+ and raids (Heroic as the maximum difficulty) and we’ll even group up for some WQs. Everything will be done during the week with no set day except the raids which we hope will fall on a Friday or Saturday evening.

We look forward to you getting in contact and are waiting to welcome you to the family.

Things are going great since the guild moved server, meeting new players who have joined up with us and activity is picking up on an evening. It’s always difficult to rebuild after moving a guild to another server but we feel that this choice was a positive.

Tonight we’re hitting those pesky Timewalking dungeons to not only finish the weekly quest but mainly to allow some of our newer members to build their confidence in a group environment, something we value very highly is the happiness of the guild members.

Once again I’d like to state that we are very much open to like-minded players who have a hectic work week and would like a relaxed atmosphere to log into once the kids finally pass out and go to bed.

Loads of fun had last night doing timewalking! New tank and healer got almost not dying down to perfection, dk was a little confused who to raise as an ally, rogue got a lot of practice with stealth and the lock, well we won’t mention the lock :wink:

If you think having nights filled with laughter while at the same time getting good at what you do is something you are looking for give one of us a shout! (preferably our new recruit guy Ashalfa#2613 :wink: )

Yes absolutely! Thanks for the update there fellow Gnome.

I am now the guy to talk to regarding recruitment and am online either in game or via battle net app, I aim to update with new information as and when I can. I’m looking forward to chatting to possible future guildies and I’m definitely a calm laid back person, so don’t be shy about contacting me.

You can of course add all the battletags to be 100% sure that one of us approaches you. So for now, have fun this weekend and remember to treat other players the same way you’d expect to be treated! :wink:

I might be looking for somewhere like this. I’ve been trying to motivate myself to make a new ally character to level because I still haven’t got around to it yet (Horde all the way since vanilla!). Are any of you interested in PvP or is it purely PvE?

Evening Curnden,

Can’t say 100% which of our members would do PvP, maybe a couple bg’s here and there but nothing serious that I know of. As more members join that may change.

Maybe I could make a character and just see how it goes? Shall I /w someone in game?

Ok checklist time peeps!

• Do you have a hectic work week with limited time for the game

• Do you have kids that seem to consume far too much sugar and force you to scrape them off of the walls

• Maybe you no longer have the time or energy to put into a progressive raid schedule

• Perhaps lately you realized that playing a lot more casually actually brought some enjoyment back to the game for you

• Or you have thought about joining a smaller guild that is looking to rebuild and form a relaxed raid group that caters for all members regardless of experience

If you check a few of these boxes then we’d love to chat to you! We’re not a large guild, we don’t have an endless roster of players running all kinds of content nor do we have any immediate plans to raid. We do however aim to build a small roster to eventually step into Heroic content where we will go as far as we can.

This is pure honesty folks, we don’t tell you that we are something we’re not. There’s no lies or deception in order to recruit you, only honest answers. It’s a rebuilding phase after a server transfer for the guild, many members went elsewhere but we’re slowly filling the voids that remained. There is levelers, transmog and achievement hunters and a few at 120 who help out whenever they can. We have 2 tanks gearing up and possibly 3 healers already in our ranks, only the dps remains.

We will not rush anything in order to raid, where’s the enjoyment in that!? So if you believe that we could be a solid pixel home for you then please contact us, ask your questions and we will answer honestly.

Good morning community

What an influx of players we’ve had the last 24 hours, quite a few starting new characters to see how we are which is super awesome! A couple may even transfer mains over as they’re very happy with the guild. Something we advise interested players is to do the very same, get to know us and let us do the same for you .

Obviously the activity is still low compared to bigger guilds but we’re definitely heading in the right direction. Guild chat is active as is discord on a daily basis but we’d love to add more personalities. We’re open to all experience and levels and will be sure to include all in our upcoming events.

All you need to do is contact us so we can start the process, any questions or queries will be answered honestly. I will be on the app all day as I plan to slack hard at work :+1:

Looking forward to chatting with you.

Daily information update time!

Ok fellow players, so the guild is growing on a daily basis and chat opens up a lot more during the evenings as most of us work during the day. A few still deciding what class to play and a couple already hitting 120 to start that damn gear grind…again.

What we would really like to see is more of this, more green text and more personalities. Play whatever class and role you like, wear whatever crazy transmog best suits you, why not go crazy and roll a Gnome! I did and I’m certified as being completely sane…

We don’t tell you what to play or how to play, you know what’s best for you so go with it. Let’s just think about this though, it’s a fairly new guild rebuilding after a server transfer. This means you are here from the start to help the guild grow and be successful, to hit the targets we aim for. Now is the time to choose what you want to play and what content you’d like to take part in, pretty tempting right!?

Well all you need to do is contact us for a friendly chat, tell you about yourself, your interests in game and what you’d like to achieve with the guild. Maybe we’re the perfect match for you, you won’t know until you talk to us. Go on, we’re online right now :wink:

Okie dokie, it’s that time again folks…daily update!! Woooooot

So another day has passed and we’ve managed to pick up a very nice couple to add to the already crazy roster, not crazy as in we’re a bit mental but more of a happy crazy. We love new personalities and enjoy asking the standard 20 questions to find out who you are…who is that person that sits behind the pc, we must know you!!

However, we are also mindful of the roster cap and as such we have no plans to over recruit. We like to keep things simple, get to know our members so leave nobody behind. We want to experience mythic+ and run that stupid achievement that’s haunted you for years…stupid achievements how I hate you! But I will never give up :person_fencing:

Anywho…moving on. We still have space for more crazy (but not a bad crazy) players to join up with us, have some fun times, criticize my choice in making too many Gnomes and unleash those memes on discord. Yes we do that, often…just ask the dungeon mistress, yes she is a thing that exists on our discord.

Now to the serious stuff, we may like to have fun but we are also keen on going forward in the game. We enjoy raids and mythic+, we want to do them as often as we can especially with guildies but we also know that it takes time to find the right players. You need to understand that it’s not a race for us, we don’t care about how high we are on server rankings. We’ll clear Heroic raids eventually but in a calm and relaxing manner, to allow newer players to adapt and grow.

Is this something that you’d like to be part of? Well then, contact us and let’s have a chat. Please do start a conversation with “Hey Gnomes suck and I love hearing the sound they make when they die” or even the classic “You Gnomes actually bounce when you die”, if it makes you feel better and less stressed about talking to us then you go for it!

Ashalfa#2613

1 Like

Hi again folks, some truly great banter in the past few weeks, if you haven’t yet joined, you have missed out on such classics as:

• Epic fight on a bus between me and 2 wasps, wielding a shoe in main hand a laptop bag in offhand (me, not the wasps).
  • Retelling a blonde story of how I thought Paul Young (90’s singer) was a 50 year old professional fly fisherman for 20 years.
  • Completing a 15 mile charity walk and walking exactly like robocop for 3 days after.
  • Accidentally telling my 4 year old I have a chocolate baby in my tummy and not being able to un explain it due to laughter.

ADDED BONUS UPCOMING TO NEW JOINERS (We can do a campfire story night for these!!!) :
Untold embarrassing stories Volume 2 - Not yet told anyone in the guild!

• Getting trapped in a toilet cubicle at Busch Gardens in Florida (guaranteed to bring tears to your eyes).
  • My dad farting in the car on the way to primary school and telling my friend it was a boiled egg sandwich in my lunch box, even though I had dairylea cheese that day. (I can’t elaborate much on this story, but I can set the scene and stuff).

All this and much more for only 12 low monthly payments of $9.95.

Ask yourself, can you really afford to miss out on this kind of comedy gold and sense of community and comfort that only our guild can bring?

If you want to hear these stories and more, speak to Any of us above (I’m on holiday at the moment acquiring more funny tales).

Until then, Well met!

Daily update bump!!

The roster just keeps on growing and we frickin’ love it! So as it’s been a great 24 hours for the guild, I’ll do a special bump. “Gets psyched up” Ok here we go ppl…

Things that make no sense at all

• Why is it called a “building” when it is already built?

• If you can’t drink and drive, why do you need a driver’s license to buy alcohol?

• If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

• Why isn’t there mouse-flavored catfood?

• If you step on a cornflake, does that make you a cereal killer?

Things that make sense

• Joining this outrageous roster led by a possibly insane officer team

• Getting a ViP pass to our discord dungeon where subtlety does not exist

• Helping this guild grow into something beautiful (For the girls! Yes I can be adorable when prompted)

• Contacting me, possibly the nicest recruitment officer ever. The voice in my head told me so…

• Finally getting an answer as to why players actually like Gnomes

Are you intrigued!? I bet you are, well lucky for you there are so many more unanswered questions and this guild may have the most absurd ways in which to answer them. Take the first step and contact us, go on…are you adding us yet?

What about now?

Ok, I’m getting a strong coffee because you are making me wait…

Hey :grinning: i have sent a request to Ashalfa. guild sounds like fun and what I’m looking for. thought about it for abit and was unsure what to reroll as. thinking a priest and if it goes well , i have a 120 DH elsewhere. hope to speak soon

Hi :slight_smile: I think you might be right up my street guildwise - are you looking for any class/spec/role in particular? I’d like to try healing in BFA, but will of course have a workable offspec (dps, I don’t tank any more… not since that last time… *rocks back and forth muttering ‘You weren’t there, man, you weren’t there’)

Good morning Rhizza, we are open for all specs and roles at this moment, more healers are always good :smiley: Feel free to throw one of us a whisper or join our discord channel in the main post for more info :slight_smile:

Daily update baaaabyyyy!

So many players contacting us so either we’re unique compared to other guilds or my random daily posts are super awesome…I’ll go with the latter.

Anyway, I think we are getting to the point where we have enough Healers for future raids but a Heal offspec is fine. Another tank would be a great addition and ofc dps of any form is welcome. Still no decision on the raid days being Friday or Saturday or even both but it’s something we’ll discuss when we feel we have a solid team.

This all changes for Mythic+ as we’ll always try and let you play whatever spec you need. Although I will say this, where are all the frickin Warriors…did you Heroic Leap too far or something :thinking:

Now here’s something for you to ponder on…

Penners daily riddle

I am hot, sometimes soft, sometimes hard, sometimes runny and loose, sometimes I float, sometimes I sink but whatever form I take on I always go out and never in. What am I?

If you know the answer and would love to join the guild then contact us.

1 Like