A Few "issues" I see with frost DK

To clear things up first.: I play frost dk since mid BFA and I saw quite a few playstyles like the 2 Standart builds BoS and 2H Obliteration.
And for that I had a little bit on my mind that I wanted to share:
Glacial Advance is quite nice, but not Optimal, cause it’s rather undertuned, got better options to pick instead or simply hard to control. Why can’t you just make into a cone shape or something like Epidemic from Unholy? Like you have the Talent “Avalanche” wich throws some icicles at the target, when Rime is active.
Can’t GA just be like that?

Next point would be “Unleashed Frenzy” in SL a “dead” Conduid (because of better options and the fact, that it doesn’t work with GA. Can you please include GA in this Talent? It’s a RP-Spender that makes Fun. Ether in Single Target or AOE.

Another Question I have is: Why did you put Obliteration and Icecap together for a choice?
I personally find this a little bit sad that you can’t combine it, but Obliteration and BoS together.

And Lastly: Our Season 3 Tierset Bonus: Consume KM-Proc to fire a Glacial Advance. This is/was Awesome, it was passive, a little challenging to control an had multiple interactions with passive such as Runic Empowerment. This was IMOO a piece of AOE that made the rotation feel more smooth and round.

Please don’t flame me for my opinion.

this was also what made 2H obliteration work because it gave u razorice. the talent in next expantion should be turned into this passive so 2H was still contining to be viable

3 Likes

To like a passive to MotFW or instead of this Talend and make MotF an Baseline for frost, so that it doesn’t need a talent for it?

Obliteration+icecap would be awesome.

I generally do not like the breath type of gameplay as much, not really because i don’t enjoy the gameplay, but because i prefer to not rely on a cd to do most of my damage.

I just prefer the more “spammier” type with obliteration.

2 Likes

When it comes to playing BoS, I also hated it at first but what got me to enjoy it is the challenge of it.

Some specs require set up and forward planning and reaping the rewards of that is what makes them fun (discipline, resto druid, frost DK, Vengeance…).

BoS is a challenging talent that can easily go wrong if you don’t plan ahead. Try to take enjoyment out of knowing that you nailed it and have really high uptime.

If you want a honest reply.

Its because its hugely likely that as a frost DK you will still use BoS and i think blizzard intends you to realistically. This ability has sustained 3 or 4 expansions of critic and continous demand to delete it.

I find it mainly annoying in m+ as revolving around 2 or 3 minute CDs becomes boring after a while realistically. I cant rly see us avoiding this time round considering its been prominent non stop it seems to be what they vision DK being alike.

The only thing i would critic is simply.

If theyre this set on frost DK revolving around this. Baseline it, then add flexibility options of using it in talents rather then enforcing us to spend talent points on it.

There are also a few things i noticed with frost.

There are many abilities that do stuff with runes, but many less with runic power, for example, pillar of frost strength % only works with runes, things like that, i wish they made more things scale with both runic power and runes.

2 Likes

that has been a recurring problem for frost, lack of eficient RP spending outside of breath

3 Likes

As well as the fact that GA and probably chillstreak won’t interact wit/ count for unleashed frenzy. I get it that it won’t cound chillstreak now, cause it doesn’t consume RP, but why doesn’t count GA for the stacks?

2 Likes

Yea, a lot of stuff scales with runes, but not a lot from rp.

They should split most of the scalings so it doesn’t overly favor runes.

1 Like

Efficient and satisfying ^^ cause the ones who prefer 2H OB playstyle have like nothing to spend RP in AOE… Exxept you play with GA and I like that^^

1 Like

Playing around with the talents, i noticed that it is a very high risk of being the cookie cutter meta build, with 2H frost falling behind it, just because of how much of how well Icecap can flow with BoS

1 Like

Also, abomination limb has a problem for frost, it has anti synergy, especially when you have obliteration.

The fact that it procs rime was not the best idea.

It’s better for unholy because it procs corruption. But at this point it’s too late for that anyway, they should have fixed this at the start of shadowlands.

It’s a shame, because abomination limb is the most fun of the covenant abilities, but for frost non of the covenant abilities actually feel great to use.

Not to mention it still only does Shadow damage, which only UH mastery increase the damage of.

1 Like

Yea. That’s also a problem.

But the other 3 covenant abilities are just so bland…

In terms of actual performance though, death’s due is just better, better designed for frost and much better damage, but the idea of abomination limb, i like more.

there will be, for now, the DnD talent will keep OB cleave from deaths due (wich only make since to add it as cleave like blood and unh).

i just dont really like playing with DnD as frost, we already have RW winter, i would much prefer to play around RW instead of dnd

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.