A few questions about demons

Can they be raised into undeath with necromantic magic? I know Mannoroth was brought back but do demons works the same as mortal races?
Can the void make them go insane? I mean a lot of them are already insane, but can an old god corrupt them?
How the hell does that lightforged demon on Argus make sense?
Did demons evolve this way because they were exposed to fel or did they look like this before?

Sure…necromancy/undeath as an universal force is on the same plan of Fel/disorder so it’s probably possible to reanimate a Demon into undeath, although as magical beings they probably require a necromancer (or warlock, since it was Gul’dan who brought back Mannoroth but I think he did that simply by moving his soul into his skeleton so not really a conventional way to rise a Demon into undeath) that is very powerful…like, the Lich King would probably be able to raise a dead Demon, but a standard necromancer/death knight would not be able to do that probably.

Lesser demons, yes definitely. Higher demons like the Dreadlords probably they have some sort of immunity to the whispers, as I recall correctly Sargeras found some Nathrezim on a planet infested with the Void and they were not completely corrupted and they warned him about the Void Lords.

His fate is what would have happened to Illidan if he had accepted the “offer” of Xe’ra…this was introduced in the story in order to show that the Light and the Naaru are not always universally good (like the Void is not always universally evil), but the Light can “corrupt” Demons too and forcing them to do its bidding

Some were naturally born into the Twisting Nether and some were alien creatures of planets visited and destroyed by the Legion that were recruited by Kil’Jaeden and corrupted by either a big amount of fel magic, or because they drank the demon blood like Orcs on Draenor (or both). This element is the same in the Starcraft universe with the Zerg, when the Overmind recruited more alien races into his Swarm mutating and improving them into Zerg to make them even more powerful and effective in combat.

1 Like

also demons in warcraft is little bit of an grey area, yes they are called demons, but most of them aint demons, even if called demonic race, Nathrezim for example aint demons like we on earth think of them, they are living beeings, though they have abilities that looks demonic, like changing shapes to take over others, stuff like that, they also used the void for their biding, one reason warlocks managed to summon void creatures also.
imps though could be called demons, for sure, and pitlords or dreadlords, they are more or less demons.
Eredar aint realy they are fel infused whit demonic magic,what gives them demonic powers, but technicaly they aint demons.
also infernals are more or less, fel infused elementals, or fel elementals.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.