A final salute to a great king

Zul thought you weak. Talanji was portrayed as infinitely wiser then you. Lets face it, we all knew you would bite the bullet sooner rather then later, but we liked you despite that. Maybe we even liked you exactly because of that. Your flaws made you very relatable.

And tomorrow, we will have to kill you. I am an Alliance main since Theramore got nuked, and I have never felt so bad about killing a Horde leader.

I feel sorry that a king defending his people needs to die in a war he neither started, wanted, or cared about, as around him, his capital is sacked. One notices the most strangest things, I have never known before that your hair is purple. We have never seen you without a crown, we have never seen you as someone who is more then a king.

You died burdened with regret, begging your daughter’s forgiveness.

But despite that, Rastakhan, you will rest in peace. Talanji will rule free from the pact with Bwonsamdi and the Zandalari will endure.

We might even fight shoulder to shoulder against N’zoth on a better day.

Farewell, good king. Zandalar forever!

31 Likes

This is why you are part of the suicidal force sent to Nazmir to die.

6 Likes

Am gonna bubble-heart.

10 Likes

Let me remind you the words of an even greater King:

"[…] They, along with the other barbarian clans of the Horde, are your new enemies.

Those whom you once considered friends, or even those you might have loved, are now your sworn adversaries.

I am deeply sorry, but the battle lines have been drawn. I will NOT tolerate any fraternizing with the enemy as you could expose our Alliance to danger."

You should celebrate our triumph over a terrible enemy, and instead you are mourning the death of the enemy? Your behaviour gives insight to a most treacherous mind. Careful, now, careful!

We might even fight shoulder to shoulder against N’zoth on a better day.

Don’t be ridiculous. The Alliance has no equal. With the might of a legendary Fleet at our side, we shall destroy the pathetic Old God.

3 Likes

One can respect a fallen foe, and mourn his passing, while still doing his duty. Varian had great respect for Dranosh Saurfang, for instance.

17 Likes

The greatest shame in all of it is the fact that the legendary king of the Zandalari Empire was so much weakened by Blizzard to make the power-transfer to Talanji more logical. The only zone that is really in control of the Zandalari was Zuldazar, and even the majestic Dazar’alor will be under siege within 12 hours. I had hoped for more.

Zandalar forever.

11 Likes

Varian was the King, he could do as he pleased. You cannot.

2 Likes

I will do my duty, and lets leave it at that.

4 Likes

SEMI-TRAITER!

4 Likes

If we are being serious here then I would have much preferred Talanji to die instead of Rastakhan. It would have actually been a good unexpected twist and better for the story.

8 Likes

Rastakhan will live forever in our hearts.
One of the very few truly relatable characters in this poorly written universe.

My little tribute to this great troll:

https://i.imgur.com/ULcvnVw.jpg

17 Likes

That was very well written Araphant, you have some artistic qualities. His death was very sad, I honestly cried a bit as it was so emotional to me, he was very relateable and flawed which I liked alot.

God-King Rastakhan now rests on the Other Side, leaving behind his throne and people for his Daugther to take care of. For better or worse Bwonsamdi stands as the Chief Loa of the Zandalari now.

Zandalar for Evah!!

6 Likes

And what a fine job you did. As we all did. The King is dead and his daughter is weak. Our victory over the Zandalari is almost complete. For some reason our wise and noble Lord Admiral does not seek to push the advantage, but It does not matter. With the might of the legendary Kul Tiran Fleet, Azeroth’s finest, we shall dominate the seas and secure our victory in the war.

Rastakhan was a blind fool who trusted the wrong faction. He paid dearly for his poor judgement. Welcome to war.

This is a thread to respect a Great King. Please don’t turn this into a thread about who lost the most or who is the most biase-…

oh woops, too late.

14 Likes

To a character killed before his time, indeed.

Won’t save you from the +2000% range, +2000% damage demolisher!

6 Likes

Checks his clipboard

“Rastakhan… Rastakhan… here you are! Hello 5th Horseman… we have been expecting you! Please take your complimentary Ebon Blade Tabard and skeletal horse… err… raptor. I think we could make an exeption in your case. Don’t worry, eternity is not that bad… Nazgrim and Trollbane likes it. Whitemane haveing a blast… you will have some fun too, trust me!”

7 Likes

I won’t start it I swear!!! (unless someone tried to pull some bs and I have to act).

3 Likes

This is a thread to respect a Great King. Please don’t turn this into a thread about who lost the most or who is the most biase-…

oh woops, too late.

“Great”, what a stretch. He shall go down to history as the King who sacrificed his life for nothing. Because unlike Varian, whose sacrifice saved the Alliance leadership, Rastakhan’s sacrifice saved literally nobody! Hahaha.

2 Likes

Respectfully, take your human corpses and give them a good burial or cremation instead please.

Final request.

6 Likes

BWONSAMDIIIIII!

…that’s mostly what I’ll remember him for. But he was an ok guy, and his death is naratively quite unimpressive, so they could really have surprised us by leaving him alive.

9 Likes