A final salute to a great king

I must admit I felt like his death was a bit of a cop out. One of the most anticipated characters for well over a decade, 5 minutes after jumping on screen he’s mobbed. Bit saddening.

If I was a Troll fan i’d feel wounded. RIP!

10 Likes

I have a troll in the middle of my chars with a Tauren in the mix. So…

Yeah. It hurts to see the guy we’ve only read about, hinted about his awesomeness and his ways to be shot down to give his daughter that driving point.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Talanji and all, but Rastakhan dying for it wasn’t needed. :confused:

7 Likes

Despite what most people think most of my characters are Alliance :man_shrugging:

Also regarding Talanji, she’s ok I guess, but needs more depth.

Y’know what I’m also annoyed about in regards of this cinematic?

That it was Nathanos not Rokhan that was displayed as Horde representative.

What that butthead delivers other than angry eye squint?
Rokhan was one of the elite heroes to fight Daelin Proudmore, it was Darkspears that has a history of fighting Kul’Tirans.

It would be far more meaningful and engaging because it would be personal.
“Like father, like daughter”.
It would also make Darkspears bond much better with Zandalari.

9 Likes

The boy-toy shall not be denied.

1 Like

Perhaps devs were afraid we would forget about him for a moment. And that cannot happen!

Forget Darkspears for a moment that would be crucial to you! No! Watch Nathanos being angry at Jaina, in fact it was so personal to him - oh wait, it wasn’t. He never clashed with her before, nor has any history with Kul’Tirans/ Proudmoores.

3 Likes

I’d rather kill Talanji, Rastakhan is a way better character and even as someone who doesn’t play horde a lot I felt super bad. Sorry hordi you will have your troll Anduin instead of an amazing character with flaws.

2 Likes

I’d rather kill neither because we lack prominent troll characters, and she has a very nice dynamic with Rokhan.

6 Likes

Method cleared the raid and there ain’t even an extra cinematic after the defeat of Jaina.

I kindly appreciate your words of condolences and support Araphant, but the Horde and the Zandalari will not rest, until your lord admirals head is put on a spike. With all the needed cinematographic drama it deserves.

Just miss me with the crap for one night.

5 Likes

Anyways, you are an alliance man of honor, showing your grief for an enemy. I respect you so much as it goes. Farwell. Loa be with you.

5 Likes

Thus is the fate of interesting troll characters; die to be replaced by your far less interesting child. From Zul’jin, to Sen’jin, to Rastakhan.

1 Like

I dunno, I think Vol’Jin was good character, but admittedly Rokhan is growing much on me.
I guess Vol’Jin was just so much serious as Rokhan has some time to actually have fun.

3 Likes

And this is where we must begin to worry for Rokhan.

7 Likes

Owww sh*et. :frowning:

2 Likes

Since the olden days, Rastakhan was one of these figures that made your imagination run rampart: A distant, ancient, mighty troll king, sitting atop a throne in his city of gold, powerful enough to influence matters in faraway, forgotten corners of the world if he wanted to do so. He contributed in making Azeroth feel bigger, scarier, more immersive simply by existing.

Rest in peace to one of the last old legends left. He deserved to go out with a far bigger bang if he necessarily had to die.

Rastakhan, Azshara and Nazjatar… We are running out of mysteries to get disappointed with in this franchise.

13 Likes

At least we still have the great Bwonsamdi, that guy im lovin more and more.

3 Likes

He is awfully cute and full of life for death entity.

4 Likes

Rastakhan was a lazy, incompetent monarch who neglected to do anything to protect his people from the Cataclysm and subsequent Blood Troll invasion. He set his mad dog Zul and his entire fleet upon the world, to murder innocent people as they pleased for years. And then, after the genocide of the Night Elves, he willfully joined the Horde, seeiking to doom the survivors to waste away as the Horde desecrated their lands while his own people invaded Kul Tiras with the Horde, slaughtering innocent people at Anglepoint. Only when he himself was put in harms way did he choose to act for his people.

His death was too good for him.

1 Like

Here we go again. Your bias rants won’t ever stop it seems. Even when Blizzard handles you a victory on a silver plate you keep complaining. lmao.

2 Likes