A final salute to a great king

Calm yourself and check the posts above yours. I wasn’t talking bout you.

Oh, but that’s the usual stuff. Story Forums and all :man_shrugging:

Not enough and too late. Rest of the horde remains with zero motivation. Tho the zandalari rpers will have the time of their lives after their release. I need to organize an rp event in memory of Rastakhan. I might be an elf, but allies deserve respect served due. RIP God king. Long Was your reign.

Well this got derailed quickly. Can’t even ask to put a lid on the whole controversy. Nor can one even apparently ask nicely to take it somewhere else.

Rastakhan did bad things to the Alliance - and the Horde for a matter of fact. So what? Take it somewhere else if you want to ‘discuss’ how the Alliance or the Horde lost assets, soldiers, innocents or whatever the hell comes to mind. This is not the place for it.

I’m not saying Rastakhan is innocent, no, he is by far the least individual that deserves mercy. But he deserves better than having crap slung at him from every angle. Just like a few posters here have said, Rastakhan contributed to Azeroth long before BFA, as a picture that inspired and feared others. And although I wish it was better written and expanded on, this is a conclusion I will accept and respect what came out of him in the end gladly.

So, again, take all these controversial discussions of Horde V. Alliance and whatever else that derails the topic of this thread, which is, if it hasn’t been seen before to be ‘A final salute to a great king’. I’m sorry if you don’t think Teldrassil, Brennadam, Anglepoint, Hinterlands, Southshore or whatever hasn’t been paid for, but this is not the place to ask for it.

I’d have expected the same respects should a favored Alliance figurehead meet their end.

EDIT: Oh, and before any counter argument starts off with: “This is the story forum”, i’d like there to be consideration as to how the manner of which the topic of the thread at hand gets completely ignored.

5 Likes

This is the story forum…
And I’m not saying that it’s appropriate, or justified to derail threads because of it.
But it’s certainly a sad truth of this place.

:joy: what did you expect? My condolences?

1 Like

Keep it up Former-Fel-Junkie-Turned-Void-Junkie, when Bwonsamdi sips on your comrades souls, Gral wrecks your allies fleet whole, and the shattered Mask hangs from your crumbled ramparts…you’ll regret the day you galvanised the troll empire and their allies.
Pa’ku will drop your bones over the smoking remnants of your cities, while Gonks children toy with your dismembered limbs…

…and all that. :metal:

1 Like

Uhh be careful not to cut yourself on that edge man.

I’ll be good dude :wink:
Trolls are the biggest losers of warcraft. Everything they have ever done in wow was a massive failure and pretty much all of their silly tribes have ended up as generic dungeon enemies at some point. Especially the Zandalari :ok_hand:

But you know what:
I’ll be taking a selfie with rastamans corpse soon :kissing_heart:

Zandalari have no edges. They have laser Loa swords and Golden Razors (without having Gillette SJW PC mind you).

Griftah will sell your head as rattle for babies next to the Night elf heads stand. :facepunch:

2 Likes

:sleeping: sure thing sweetie

I could say the same to a lot about the races in both Alliance and Horde, including your beloved Void Elves. Yet I refuse to.

Know why? Because I know where respect should count. Now take your grievances or mockeries to Troll-kind elsewhere. This is not the thread for it.

4 Likes

And let such a cringey post stand uncommented? Nah couldn’t resist :wink:

Cringey?

And I thought the Alliance likes to call themselves the most respectful and most down-to-earth people you can trust.

But if there’s reason to tear at the other faction’s throat, its better to do that than tear at your own misgivings, right?

Oh yeah, complimentary: :wink:

I’m not the Alliance :wink:

What goes around comes around I guess :man_shrugging:

But whatever.
I don’t want to derail this thread any further
:wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

This is perhaps the most useful one you’ve ever stated in context to the thread. Thank you.

I was pissed off because it should’ve been Rokhan! Rokhan has a history with both Kul’Tirans and Proudmoores. It would’ve been far more engaging and meaningful.
Wasn’t that Brownnoser supposed to be in Drakshore? “We will hold this ground for the Horde”?

So he took the portal back to Zandalar the first chance he had and fled.

I loath this attention wh**e so much.

Also guys, have some tact this is a tribute post. even if you don’t care for Rastakhan at least show some respect to Araphan’s efforts and feelins.

2 Likes

I don’t have much issue, given Rokhan was given an active role in Nazmir rather than being relegated to squint his eyes at Jaina as they made Nathanos do.
Rokhan and Talanji were a lot more active in the quests.

1 Like

Spoilers, but…

It’s kind of funny, yeah.

If it was Rokhan, it would’ve had a more powerful effect. I can imagine him suddenly watching Jaina with shock after hearing Talanji cry out. I don’t understand much of Nathanos’ role in this.

I like him, despite the controversy and the jeering, but he feels out of place there.

4 Likes

He still should be there! It was his job to be involved with Zandalari and Talanji! He was with her from the very start AND he actually fought beside Rastakhan.

Nathano’s angry squint gives nothing to me. But with Rokhan it would also extend to how Darkspears would look at this war, and make it FAR more meaningful.

When I see that undead human I swear I want to ask him “WTF you’re doing here?!” and kick him back to Darkshore.

He was in 3, now 4 cinematics. And the tries to be frigging everywhere even in places he shouldn’t be at expense of people that actually should have been there ad have more meaningful role.

1 Like

Nathanos has the more intense stare. Also Rokhan was knocked off by the fight in Nazmir. Not to mention. Nathanos is in charge of all horde operations on zandalar together with the PC. It’s a question of authority