[A/H-PvE/PvP] Return of the Damned part two Campaign - Finished!

Blockquote #Update 1! - Discord is created and ready for use, if you have signed up for the Campaign, please join and change your name to your IC name and Guild if you are in one! https://discord.gg/szMsm94
#Update 2! - Due to popular request, i have extended the Campaign to the 24th of July instead of the 21st, to give Zul’Drak a longer presence of time in the Campaign, if this causes any problems for your current schedule, please let me know!

#Update 3! Sign ups are officially closing at 0:00 wednesday / thursday night, no further sign ups will then be accepted

#Update 4! An horde meeting has taken place on the 7th of July, and an alliance meeting is planned in Stormwind Keep on the 10th of July at 20:00 server time, to get some plans out to everyone and get an IC meet done for the Alliance before the campaign kicks off!

#Update 5! Any and all updates for the campaign in regards to events will now go through the campaign’s discord server itself!

Greetings everyone who reads! One and a half year ago in February i hosted my very first server wide campaign on my other character Jessina, i loved doing it and whilst there were mixed experiences during the campaign, it offered a great amount of social RP and many events for people to enjoy. I learned from many mistakes throughout that experience which i aim to eradicate out as i host The Return of the Damned Part 2! (Please keep in mind that this forum post is still being worked on over the course of the next days / weeks as more information is known and released)

Story Intro
Since the defeat of the Cultists and their leader, the Lich, who’s phylactery was taken in holding by the Ebon Knights attending the battles nearly two years past, they have risen again. It is unknown what has drawn these cultists out, some speculate it is Azerite they seek to claim to empower themselves. What is known is that these cultists have once more returned to bring death and ruin upon the living population of Northrend and they must be stopped.

It is general knowledge that the undead are gathering in Zul’Drak, no one exactly knows what plans they hold, but both Grizzly Hills and Dragonblight are both endangered by this growing threat.

Some Info

This thread is the main thread for the RP-PvE and RP-PvP Campaign set for the date of 12-24th of July It is planned just before the main summer holidays where lots of people are going on vacation so my hope is that this date should be good for the majority that wants to attend it.

In my previous campaign, the main flaws were the big main events, especially the last one and i can’t but agree with that issue. This year however i have planned the big main events differently, as well as how side events will be carried out.

In this campaign, there will be 3-4 main event days where, each of these main events, the population of the campaign will be split into multiple groups taking on different objectives to the common goal of defeating the main objective in these events. Hosted by a team of dedicated DM’s who will seek to entertain and let you enjoy a hopefully mostly flawless experience during these events!

The other remaining days will be left open for R&R and personal events hosted by guilds themselves or the team of DM’s of the campaign who can plan some events of their own on these off-days to take out smaller objectives surrounding this Campaign.

Horde and Alliance?

I will personally host the campaign and the PvE aspect of it on Alliance. Last campaign the Horde were kind of left leaderless as the individual who was supposed to host the Horde side of things kind of left many things to be desired and it hurt me personally pretty bad because all i want for the Campaigns that i host is to entertain people and make sure they are having fun. Whilst the horde guilds in the previous campaign hosted some things on their own accord, i feel they were let down big time and i hope to turn that around this year.

I’m looking for an individual who would see to the Horde side of things during this Campaign, as well as some DM’s for the Horde to make sure they have events to look forward to, especially the big main events.

Unrestricted-RP-PvP?

As the Horde and Alliance are at war once again during this new campaign, and both factions are present, it is highly possible Horde and Alliance will meet each other in combat one way or another. Whilst this Campaign is once again PvE centered, i wanted to include PvP for those who are interested in it.

A map will be created for this Campaign where we will mark locations that are Horde/Alliance and Undead controlled. Whilst, to not interfere with the PvE side, Encampments can’t be taken by PvP, Both Factions are free to interact in PvP in the assigned locations. There will be a Discord created for the Campaign where an PvP section will be made. It is there where you could contact alliance or Horde players interested in PvP to come rumble it out!

I will however not keep myself occupied with the happenings around PvP or host anything myself for it, as my mind is focussed on the PvE story and it’s events.

F.A.Q And general Info

How will we know about this threat?

The Alliance and Horde officials will have been notified of the ongoing threat in Northrend, they are the ones who have sound the warning bells and requests you and your order’s presence in Northrend to vanquish this threat so that they may focus fully on the battle with the opposing Faction and the Azerite crisis.

How will my guild/my Character travel to the Campaign?

No proper travel arrangements are in place, everyone and every order is free to use any way of travel they see best suited for themselves, be it by boat, portal or other means. You are welcome to join this Campaign at any time you wish, though it is ofcourse story-wise recommended you join from day one!

The first day of the campaign will be used for arrival. I understand many guilds will want to host some sort of event with their arrival to Northrend, like an beach assault where they come sailing in, fighting undead as they make landfall and make their way to the main base of their Faction.

Can we RP-PvP?

This is an RP-PvE Campaign, and the team of Dungeon Masters will focus on the story and it’s events happening around it. This is however a sandbox campaign and if people feel the wish to RP-PvP, they can do so in the designated area which will be marked on the Campaign map, it is expected that the RP-PvP will not interfere with the PvE events in place.

Please refrain from poking the Campaign Host or DM’s if there are issues regarding the PvP, we are focussing on PvE events, not the PvP. However Should you want an event hosted for RP-PvP, feel free to poke an DM to see if they want to host something for you. It is expected that people do focus on the PvE events on the main days of the campaign, assuming that is what they signed up for

Where should my character/guild camp?

In upcoming details as well as the Campaign Map, you will find where the main Alliance and Horde base is in each zone of our stay. It is expected you join your faction’s forces there and operate from that location.

In which locations will this campaign be held?

The current planning is 4 days in Dragonblight, followed by 5 days in Grizzly hills and 4 days in Zul’Drak, which is where the final main event will be held.

Can Neutrals come to this Campaign?

Why yes of course, you are most welcome to attend this Campaign. You are based in both Alliance and Horde main bases. This allows the Neutrals to enjoy a social rp hub aside of their own presence. However if you are a big group of neutrals who’d prefer to stick to themselves, you are free to poke me, Caydeñ about a possible location of stay for your group aside of the Factions Main bases.

Dungeon Master’s Guidelines:

1. This is to be a Sandbox campaign, in which you are free to use any location you see fit for an event under the topic of the Scourge / Cultists activity.

- The locations of the main events will be shown on a map, this area is not Available for random events due to the story unfolding there - ((Said map is still to be created and will be updated here in this thread when it is done and everything is set to go))

1. All buildings and structures in the areas you hold an event in, can be used, damaged and destroyed, just make sure that these buildings can be repaired and fixed to a degree after the campaign is over as to not go against any lore pieces.

2. Within reason and if discussed with the other Dungeon Masters of the campaign, a settlement can be lost to the enemies, however, the main Hubs will be too heavily fortified for the enemy to take over, these are secure and protected and will be the main use for the main events of the Campaign.

3. A discord will be created for the Dungeon-Masters alone to keep a free clean place for all DM’s to peacefully discuss the happenings of the campaign.

Are individuals allowed to partake? (Non guilded people)

Yes, you are very much welcome to! it is suggested you talk with guilds present in the Campaign if you can possibly tag along with them in the events, but it is not a necessity.

Can i join this Campaign coming from an neutral order?(Ebons, Crusaders etc)

Yes you can!, just mention which order your character represents and i shall note that down in the Individual list!

In the previous campaign there were many Ebon-Knights who sort of formed their own circle, it was very cool to see. However they did bring some mostly ICly focussed issues which i hope to avoid this Campaign.

Who will be Dungeon-Mastering for us this Campaign?

I myself will be hosting events on the Main Event days, and some smaller events on the side days. I am however looking for DM’s for both Alliance and Horde. Any details for DM’s will be given in the Campaign Discord which i am setting up soon.

Campaign maps.

Here below you will find information maps that will show you which areas are free to be traveled and explored in, and which areas are restricted from acces due to main event story that will be taking place there, these areas are considered to be highly deadly, and will be assigned with the BLACK color.

(Campaign Map is still under construction. To be updated soon!)

Who will host this Campaign from an IC standing?

All alliance guild leaders will be forming a council and will discuss the threats and plans of action together, to keep the main event Storyline in check, i myself as Caydeñ will be the chairman of the Alliance council, giving information as it is passed down from the Alliance Command and together we will forge a plan of action. (Most events especially big main events are pre-planned but open for discussion and changes)

Horde is to be the same as the Alliance with their own events and such, likewise to the Alliance, the main Horde side hoster will be the chairman for the Horde council.

I stand very open to helpful tips and points as all i seek is a successful campaign, but mostly a campaign where people are having fun.

Can we have an enemy force made of players, like scourge players?
Last year this did not go so well, There was not much interest for it and when there was some interaction, the Scourge players were deemed too overpowered. So i have decided NOT to do anything regarding scourge players this time around. People who do RP as scourge players and would like to interact with attendees of this campaign are free to send a message to them about this. But there will be no main focus set upon these scourge players

Who is the main enemy boss in this Campaign?

This is unknown to the public, no scouting reports have given information regarding this. Many enemy lieutenants have been seen entering the field leading the undead.

Many side events will include defeating these said Lieutenants! A list will be made regarding these for the use of side-events in the Campaign.

How do i sign up to this Campaign?

Simply write down in the comment section if you are joining as a guild/Individual from either Horde or Alliance. And if you come as a group / guild, give an simple estimation of your expected number of people that will possibly attend the Campaign.

Below you will find the list of attending guilds, parties and individuals for both Horde, Alliance as well as Neutrals

19 Likes

Attending List

-Alliance Guilds-

• Ironbrand Reserves (2-8) (Contact: Hrunngni / Grolaf)
  • The Disfavoured (5-10) (Contact: Tálluláh)
  • Gnomish Air Corps (3-7) (Contact: Gronvin)
  • The Silver Fist (3-7) (Contact: Galladád)
  • Order of the Silver Hand (Unknown, 5+) (Contact: Galford - Callian / Eike)
  • The Three Hammers (Hammerguard) (3-8) (Contact: Gemir)
  • The Aureus Regiment (5-10) (Contact: Cøokie)
  • Nightfallen Brigade (5-15) (Contact: Wílcox)
  • Footman (10) (Contact: Matheson, Footman or Edwarion)
  • Hand of Xe’ra (3-5) (Contact: Kharaas)
  • Valormourne (3-5) (Any from the guild)
  • The Dark Grail (1-3) (Contact: Mordredus) (Ebon Blade)
  • Stormwind Covert Accord (Unknown) (Contact: Lysandré)
  • Order of the Eastweald (15-25) (Contact: Berethen)
  • Sons of Silver (4-6) (Contact: Dervial)
  • The Altari (5-10) (Contact: Ludella / Chrîstine / Auriæl / Míínty)
  • The Bloodied Goats (6-15) (Contact: Eisteynn, Aldrington, Allonia or Garrick)
  • The Silver Hammer (1-5) (Contact: Whôis / Virtual#7573)
  • The Steel Gauntlet (4-8) (Contact: Cael / Matt#5342)
  • The Argent Order (5-8) (Contact: Sullíván)
  • Alliance Salvaging and Procurement group. (1-5) (Contact: Gehco#5097)

-Horde Guilds-

• Honorbound Offensive (2-5) (Contact: Henryhoofer)
  • The First Empire (8-12) (Contact: Angeteb, Jingue, Khalnish, Zatelka or Rhazenn)
  • Sun Hawks (12-15) (Contact: Narmë, Daeanneth, Yasmyr, Brigante)
  • Sun’s Embrace (3-7) (Contact: Lynthala, Surinya or Sunprayer)
  • Grimhunt Company (4-6) (Contact: Grímhunt)
  • Frozen Paw Clan (10-12) (Contact: Rogmasha, Vivian, Xelrin or Celise)
  • Gilded Blades (10-15) (Contact: Teáleaf,Moonbrow or Sindaes)
  • The Honorbound Vanguard (1-5) (Contact: Vordril)
  • The Reliquary Institute (5-10) (Contact: Ranadial)

-individuals-
[A] - Davixon
[A] - Yarill
[A] - Kalious Briarcliff
[A] - Hennag
[A] - Peacekeeper Kaliras
[A] - Salarah Oathbreaker
[A] - Raes
[A] - Ellescencia (Obilot)
[A] - Lorena Sylean (Scrying)
[A] - Beans
[A] = Vóssler
[A] - Rhyn
[A] - Syaethil
[A] - Shortfuse LTD (Whistlebang and 1 more)
[A] - Kalarik
[A] - Gyrocrank
[A] - Ignirr
[A] - Yuuna / Lilandra Valeroux
[H] - Stewbowl
[H] - Lysándre
[H] - Kump (With Alliance Alt to shift between)
[H] - Akdal Gorestorm
[H] - Atharion Sunfire (Calendril) (Tentative)
[H] - Rieke Lostblood (Rìeke)
[H] - Tharandor Val’alor (Tharandòr)
[H] - Barine Roughplains (Gyozomi)
[H] - Erastenes Val’Maril (Tentative)
[H] - Ohru (Finkhedinn)
[H] - Skel’gar Ghosthowl (Skelgar)
[H] - Skreel (Crookfish#4444)
[H] - Emelean Primrose

Neutral Guilds
[A] - The Blades (14-17) (Contact: Sulfar / Edaran)
[A] - Sages of Vigor (±10) (Contact: Rhatôs)
[A] - The Vanguards (1-5) (Contact: Turiko)
[A] - Greyheart Enclave (10-14) (Contact: Chrìstóphèr / Láreya)
[H] - Fishbone Marauders (3-5) (Contact: Fishbonez)
[H] - Rumblemaw Nomads (1-5) (Contact: Rahtokah)

Neutral Inviduals (Ebons, Argents etc)
[H-Ebon Blade] - Uruk
[H-Ebon Blade] - Kuru Grimtotem
[H-Ebon Blade] - Arindha Soulbane
[H-Ebon Blade] - Leth’aril Coldbreath (Tyriolin)
[H] - Fraksun
[H] - Vultùre
[H] - Nagasai
[H] - Toontuh
[H] - Mornil
[H] - Ishal’atir Manablade (Ishalatir)
[A-Ebon Blade] - BaerHugues
[A-Ebon Blade] - Hector Deathwrench
[A-Ebon Blade] - Zanjari
[A-Ebon Blade] - Kayuna Blackheart
[A-Cenarion Circle] - August Whitaker
[A] - Ilysa Starcast
[A] - Chadricc
[A] - Rowenna Wardlocke
[A] - Acharon
[A] - Kennyoh + possibly one more.
[A] - Vradek

Alliance Dungeon-Masters / Storytellers

• Caydeñ (Campaign Host and DM)
  • Dawncastle
  • +4 more.

Horde Dungeon-Masters / Storytellers

• Draxinar (Dawncastle’s alt)
    +5 more

Neutral Dungeon-Masters / Storytellers

• Zanjari
  • Uruk
  • Valladia

Tentative
[H] - Vilesun

Tentative Guilds
[Neutral / Aggressive] - Hand of Zul (25-40) (Contact: Rakhuul)

4 Likes

Reserved for use

1 Like

I wish to sign up as tentative, if that’s possible.
Possibly on one or two alts, but never more than one at the same time.

3 Likes

I’ll get you signed up, and also got a new section for tentatives Nod

1 Like

I’d love to sign up as an individual please, on Kother Davixon, on alliance <3

Signed up as Individual for the [A]!

Hello! I am interested to partake both as Horde and Alliance! As an individual.

Will probably notify the hosts when was about to hop on an Alt, if allowed. :slight_smile:

Edit: replied to wrong person, sorry!

1 Like

You’re welcome to shift between characters, likely won’t even need to poke the hosts when you do, one more or one less doesn’t really make a problem! I’ll sign you up as Kump for [H] with Kump + Alt for Alliance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll attend! Not sure which char(s).
But this looks great! :ok_hand:

This looks awesome! Signing up as a assisting DM/storyteller on the Alliance side with Dawncastle!
(but willing to help out on the Horde if the numbers on my orc Draxinar if needed)

Both are signed up, Distantpeak just for the name as Individual for Horde on whichever character you intend to play and Dawncastle as DM for Alliance + signed on Horde incase there’s a necessity for DM’s on Horde.

3 Likes

Well hello there might consider. For the trout!

3 Likes

Id like to sign up me and my guild the silver fist, its about 5-7 ppl atm, for the Alliance.

Round two huh? I remember fondly the first one. Let’s hope we can get a lot of Ebons on this one as well.

Signing up as a neutral on behalf of the Ebon Blade.

My my, Kuond! What have we here!

2 Likes

So, I am uncertain if this will fit into our schedule or not as we already have a lot of plans at the moment, but we might just show up if we are able to to defend the sacred lands of Zul’Drak.

Since this isn’t PvP focused, I trust balance isn’t as important - is it thus okay to sign up as tentative with a whole guild?

1 Like

We’d like to sign up in the HBO! We’ve been long eager to fight the Liontooth once more! :wink: maybe around… 2-4 in numbers?

3 Likes

if I read this right camps aren’t PvPable, does that mean non-signups can do campRP to their heart’s content?

1 Like

Signing you up as an Alliance Guild - Silver Fist with 5-7 members!

Signed up as Neutral Ebon Blade.

You’re welcome to sign up with your guild as a tentative for scheduling reasons, once you have a clear sight of the schedule, do give me a heads up so i can change the attending list. Should you come mid-campaign, try get in contact with one of the Horde DM’s so they are aware of your presence.

Assuming Horde Guild Honorbound Offensive is signed up for 2-5 members.

People who haven’t signed up to the Campaign are welcome to come and rp as much as they like, they are generally not expected to join the events or have to talk to an DM to make sure they are known.

3 Likes