A letter to Blizzard - Twinking

That principle but not in its current form, it would have to be in scale to ensure that a pvper geared in it wouldnt get obliterated by a pveer strolling around in its uber raid gear.
Which would bring us back to before they removed it to facilitate transition between pve-pve, I realize its a bit of a catch-22 so no easy way out, but as we stand any player who focuses on battlegrounds is probably running around with 370 gear and often runs into 410+ gear raiders with great azerite traits on top of it and its no match on the battlefield

I’ve got 38% vers in bis vers gear, it makes me quite tanky in combination with other defensive things like trinkets and (the single one) defensive talent I have as fury.

Ok but that isnt really reducing the power gap, your just increasing your survivability while losing on damage potencial cause (not sure about fury pvp) versatility isnt even a prefered stat for fury.

If they gave a buff to versatility power, wouldnt make things better either cause on top of raiders still having much better acess to gear with it, it would also create major unbalance depending oh how much a class favors it

It’s actually required, not just preferred. You could go full strength but you’ll die incredibly fast even to non-twinks. usually before you can actually even get your damage going so… it’s really not worth it. I could explain why versatility but it’s a bit too far off-topic.

I’m not saying to change anything, I was just saying… it’s almost the same as Resilience.

I’m adressing endgame power gap.

For twinking sure, versa all the way

Sorry I wholeheartedly support ban of twinks in regular queues, even though as some evidance says they are still able to enter via backdoor. You are making this fun for yourself running like gods thru BGs and ignoring fact that 20 other people are not enjoying their BG at all.
Trying to solve this another way (balancing nightmare) would just take too much developer time and would cause people to be crying equally regardless (or even more drama).
In Legion there were stat templates so twinks were allowed for the time of the expansion to run with others, but this is going, so separate queues are restored - there is nothing new about this change.

Agree though that people should have been notified ahead!

Can you invade the lfg dungeon too? Gl on that :smiley: because thats how most people level up nowadays.

Nobody got banned from anything.

Relogging on a semi-twink and queueing with our XP-on is a back door?

Play the game and get some gear before you get in to PvP?

That was an attempt at balancing PvP overall, including endgame, which was a disaster for everyone involved.

We can.

2 Likes

Only realized right now by your responses that you are trolling. In other case, please do not take sentences out of its context and also refer to facts. I just dont believe, that you think you wrote your post with honesty in mind.

I’m dead serious. If we want to farm levelers we’ll just relog on a char that we can semi-twink so we can do just that. It takes around 30-40 minutes to set up and can last for 10-15 bgs. 10-15 times 15 minutes = 3+ hours of farming levelers.

After you leave the bracket you can just delete the char and do it again.

Exactly what part of that statement do you think is a joke?

What exactly did I take out of context? They seem fine to me and if they aren’t then point it out to me and i’ll give you a different response or elaborate as to how my original reply was on-topic.

1 Like

We were not banned, we were seperated. We can just relog to a semi-twink and do our business like nothing happened (which is the backdoor as you referred to).

If you are demonizing character progression in an MMORPG then you are playing the wrong genre.

Class design issues have been a plenty since day 1. If Blizzard wouldn’t be so out of touch with the game, they could easily spend a few months figuring out this stuff. A lot of the issues - such as elemental force, incendiary ammo and dungeon gear - have been properly adjusted, all that needs to be done now is to fix the scaling through the levels. Healers are the better DPS spec than their DPS counterparts for example.

Stat scaling ruined the game for everyone involved. It ruined character progression in an MMORPG, which is the worst sin you can commit in an MMORPG.

Yes, it was a ninja change, which is one of the reasons why we are so outraged, although the other reason being that both a lot of the players and the developers are out of touch as of why twinks are in the state that they were before 8.1.5.

Nice illvl 400 gear you got there mate. Do you maybe… unequip half of your gear when you meet fresh 120’s in BGs? You know, to make the game fair? You’re living in a double standard.

3 Likes

Not sure how well you think they worked at low level, but they were badly thought out and designed, wearing grey items to bump ilevel, some classes were better catered for than others.

An example: level 19 Rogues could farm an iLevel 100 headpiece, the template value iirc was i24 on a 19.

The thing templates never did was take class balance into account, Low Level Legion BG’s were filled with Survival Hunters because they were as broken as BM Monks throughout WoD.

They were supposed to balance but failed miserably, and were generally disliked by the PvP community. Templates never stopped Twinks doing their thing.

5 Likes

I do hope they apply a proper solution to this. Would be fun to have another way to level alts.

opss

so you admit they are much stronger to the point you can straight up ignore non-twinks

you are going to be able to gear up in a relevant bracket then atleast

such skill

cant L2P when you die in 3 seconds

item levels matter

its not fun when you have to do this to do casual PvP in a bracket you are going to outlevel anyway, imagine if you had to max proffesions and do 1 month grinding to get out of starter zone

We can’t actually and that is also not at all what he said. You’re trying to take it completely out of context.

Again you’re completely missing the point.

Sure you can. Get gear and practice in duels and you’re actually not getting farmed in most battlegrounds, so there’s that.

Item level matters …where?

Then just out-level it. It takes 30 minutes to an hour to do so.

Not even close to a proportional comparison.

that is what i took from OP’s post

how?..

they matter when you have a 140k health plate and a 200k clothie

its fast at some brackets yes, but why should levelers that are tired of doing a dungeon for the millionth time in a row get in roflstomps with twinks when they can get in their own matches?

agree, out of proportions
EDIT: just relised thats what some twinks do

Because they can’t get their own matches no matter how hard they try. Blizzard’s matchmaking algorithm has been broken for over two expansions, and for some reason requires near enough twice the number of people to populate the battleground to be queueing before it pops (For WSG that’s 20, so 35+ needed in queue for a pop, more for AB / Eots ofcourse). Now that is still doable for most brackets, at the start, but nobody wants to sit in queue when they know there are games going, just to be able to facilitate the next game and not necessarily get into it.

If Blizzard fixed their game this would be fine, but they don’t.

then we should demand they fix it ay?

I think people do not understand the real problem here. The problem is not that we are no longer able to kill newbie players with 1 shot in battlegrounds.
The problem is that

WE TWINKS
ARE
NOT
ABLE
TO
ENTER
THE
GODAMN
BATTLEGROUNDS
AT
ALL!!!

Nothing else can really more obvious how tiny group of twinks you are demonizing! We are few enough to be unable to make a match!!!
Where is the democracy here!?

Why should Twinks who love doing bgs all the time not be able to do bgs anymore at all because some random leveler needs his “Casual bg of the day”?

Same principle.

HA there’s the thing though. We can’t get our own matches.

What in the world do you think we’ve been doing for months now?

1 Like