A letter to Blizzard - Twinking

We can, the battleground lfg tool just doesn’t seem to put us all in the same queue. otherwise we’d have no issue.

1 Like

I’m not leveling, WM off. Next?

We can still catch you in bgs, don’t you worry about that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, it will be on an equal footing. I’ve got half a million honourable kills. Dying a lot comes with that too. Don’t mistake my disdain of twinks for being afraid of a fight.

Cool, it will be on an equal footing. I’ve got half a million honourable kills. Dying a lot comes with that too. Don’t mistake my disdain of twinks for being afraid of a fight.

I love it how people think an RPG will offer a truly balanced experience, even if it is lvler vs. lvler.

1 Like

Are you being intentionally dense?

Are you being intentionally ignorant?

1 Like

Hey it’s kinda sad they separated us. The difference in gear is the lowest it’s ever been. back in the day it was a huge gap. The gap is still there today, but not as big. ppl with heirlooms and enchanted gear can still turn fights, aren’t useless players.

The fact the Qs not working dosen’t help the cause, have been 10+ ppl on both ally and horde Qing wsg specific, still no pop.

I don’t mind only meeting twinks, but when the Qs not working and no bgs are popping it kinda kills the fun. we even got a new wsg to play around in, rip.

1 Like

Actually, it doesn’t. it costs us some gold but we can still twink and farm levelers as long as we do not care about leveling up.

After we outlevel the bracket we’ll just do it all over again.

That is what I meant with “this changes nothing”.

If we want to farm you, we will farm you.

1 Like

Pretty much what I asked you, first…

An even playing field doesn’t exist at all, especially in WoW. An even playing field would be this: 1 race, 1 class, 1 button, and no modifiers such as gears, talents, etc. Everyone is equal! Problem solved!

If anything, the so called out gear difference between twinks and levelers barely exist anymore, thanks to BfA - which is a good thing. Even as a leveler you can slam a few enchants on your gear and reach up to twink levels. You Will not be as Strong as twinks, who have optimized their gear to the maximum, but you are very close, just by spending a few hundred gold. It’s game knowledge. You can make a completely new toon and get destroyed in BGs, but you can also make a new toon and use game knowledge to your advantage.

For my last paragraph, I’d like to quote Razien, because I’m too lazy to write it down again. Here it goes:

You can’t really blame twinks for that… You should never build a game around the ignorance of new players, it’s partly why the game is in the state it currently is in the first place.

Most of the issues stem from this tbh(class balance). Some classes are too broken especially at lower levels. the 10-19 bracket was 60% druids, mages and rogues.

As is a Gladiator vs Normal players. Let’s exclude those from Random Bgs?
As is a 5-man premade vs solo players. Let’s exclude those from Random Bgs?
As is a Mythic-geared player vs Fresh 120s and lower-mode raiders. Let’s exclu-

…Like I said before: that isn’t a good argument because there are just so many different cases that are exactly the same thing, just not involving Twinks.

1 Like

By the way, this is why this whole thread isn’t about farming levelers.

We want to be able to do battlegrounds. Versus twinks.

The problem is that they do not proc. Ever.

1 Like

just a month ago i resubbed to find out twinking is again a thing. So i met up with a few twinking - friends and even got some to re-sub just for some bgs. And now with the new bgs coming aswell the seperation again? might reconsider the sub for now since many will quit the game as they don´t have the time to always reprogress with the current content and just want to reach BiS on a twink to actually “progress” at something. Where the feeling of “progression” lost in except of twinks… atleast we had some fun for a few weeks

2 Likes

The problem is how spread across the multiple brackets they are. If everyone had a 19, or a 29, or a 60, or a 70, then sure, but they don’t. The 19s and 29s brackets will survive this, easily, they always have and that’s why I have characters in those brackets I enjoy playing.

But the ecosystem for the brackets higher than that are a lot more delicate, and making characters in the higher brackets is often significantly more expensive or time consuming. People struggle to commit to a bracket where they aren’t sure there are going to be games, and that leaves the people who as I said, have had their characters for well over 10+ years with nothing more than something shiny to look at. This isn’t helped by blizzard’s completely opaque and unfathomable queueing algorithm, there have been multiple cases where there were easily enough people online on both factions to get XPOFF games in the past, and yet they refused to pop. Some have postured that in order to get the results you’d expect from a 20-30 person pool of players, you’d need something like 50-60 active players because of Blizzard’s queue system.

Some of the most fun I have ever had in this game came from the WoD 39s revival on US, and subsequently my involvement in WoD 19s and the WoD Twink Cup as part of team GSC. The community, the ability to know people I was queuing with and against, the ability to tailor gearsets for specific purposes, the theorycraft, the choice, and the camaraderie. That’s what twinking is all about to me, and it’s not hard to understand how other people that feel like that aren’t happy with this decision.

You know me, I hope that at least counts for something in all this.

At the end of the day I don’t disagree with the change on principal. I disagree with the generalisations of the playerbase (From both sides though not specifically in this thread) which ultimately do nobody any good. And the absolutely unacceptable practice by Blizzard of not communicating this beforehand so communities had a chance to prepare for it.

3 Likes

yeah great point, you don’t have to farm for gear all the time, rly relaxing game style. that and as someone said, you recognize the ppl you play with and agianst, makes a huge difference

3 Likes

I feel like Blizzard’s queuing algorithm might actually be written to prevent this happening as much as possible, that’s why small, but still large enough, player pools can’t get games anywhere near as frequently as they should.

They did this with rated battlegrounds a few months ago, and it resulted in anyone above about 2400 being completely incapable of getting queues after their first game because there just aren’t enough people populating the bracket at that rating. This was eventually fixed after about 3-4 weeks…

The absolute best thing about BGs, and PvP in general to me, is the competition, the little mini series you get with people across multiple games. Getting to play with and against people you know is something that is sorely missing from almost all “plug and play” content at 120.

3 Likes

As per normal the voice of reason.

Twinking for me is THE reason I play the game, my characters are spread across most brackets, but the brackets I love the most are unfortunately the ones worst hit by the change. At the moment I have plenty to do on them, with there being so many quest rewards that “could” proc that BiS item.

Unless there’s a change of heart for level 30 plus I fear my 39’s, 60’s, 80’s and 90’s wont see a pop in a while. 70 maybe different as there’s a fair amount of effort being made within the community to get something rolling.

2 Likes

ohh i’m not up to date on endgame. but that sucks really. Early BFa i ran into ppl I hadn’t seen since cata ( haven’t played much since, but still) it’s a nice touch that i miss about this game, and that I have been getting alot of at my 19s.

And the ques have been broken @19 for a long time(past montsh), just got so obvious with separation. If they got an algorithm to make ppl que in to each other less frequently i’m speechless… seems so useless.

1 Like

They likely think it helps balance, if you queue into the same people, they expect you to likely get the same outcome, they don’t want people to lose back to back. It’s a sentiment I can understand, but it really just doesn’t work in small communities where competition is at the heart of everything they do.

2 Likes

Point taken, thanks for taking the time to write such a good response. I know its wrong but the words seem to carry ore credibility when it comes from someone like you.