A life lived out via Azeroth

Many may have already seen this as it was reported on a Norweigan site (taken from the article) but this was a lovely piece on how one person had their life changed, and undoubtedly changed the lives of others, all met via this game.

I can’t include the link (not allowed) but if you look on the BBC website under health, there’s an article titled “My disabled son - ‘the nobleman, the philanderer, the detective’”.

Should any of those mentioned frequent the forums, I doth my Hordy cap to you.

It’s being spoken about @ My disabled son - ‘the nobleman, the philanderer, the detective’

1 Like

Ah, thank you. My skill at searching clearly decreased by 1 lol

I actually love that every time someone discovers this, they post about it on the forums. This is now the fourth topic.

It’s a very touching story, it deserves lots of attention :slight_smile:

I read it before work this morning and had only gotten back to it just now, without of course realising it already had widespread coverage, and deservedly so.

1 Like

Aye, good story :slight_smile: It’s that kind of community spirit that is the hidden gem of WoW - and the secret power of online gaming that even if you’re having a terrible time IRL, you can still feel ‘normal’, at least for a while :slight_smile:

And this is the reason why it makes me real sad when people say they don’t want to be in a guild. I’ve never been in a guild I didn’t prefer to flying solo, and some of them have left me with lasting friends with whom I keep in touch via various social mediums, play other games, and just generally banter with. Why does anyone not want to get in on that?

A very powerful article. His parents had no idea either!
This is the true spirit of wow I do believe. Leave our RL shackles behind the second we log in :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.