A little question to Daelin

Can someone explain this?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/477593348375314434/674725329302061086/image0-7.png
1 Like

So that’s why there were no elves in Kul Tiras in BfA! Poor Daelin, he sacrificed himself for our cause of racial purity. His sacrifice shall never be forgotten. :heart:

I think you mistook Daelin with Grand Marshal Garithos (who did nothing wrong).

During War 2, there was a small fleet of High Elf soldiers, who joined the Alliance, before High Elves rulers decided to join the war also.
Maybe those volunteers decide to stay with Daelin after the war.

1 Like

Why though?

Is it really that surprising if Kul Tiras had a considerable minority of elves? I mean, it was one of the most important trade nations in the world for like 3.000 years, it’s not weird if there were a lot of elves and dwarves living in it and who ended up joining Daelin’s army.

Yeah but then there are still a few questions open. Why only elves are seeable. Why are there only gnomes in Boralus? I know there is this one dwarf clan boss, but he joined during Cata according to his quotes.

1 Like

Because they are elven units, but in the original they were wearing helmets so you did not see they were elves. Sadly the Reforged version of the unit has them without helmets so, yeah, you end up with 20 elves following Daelin and 0 humans. Add that to the list of details Blizzard forgot in Reforged.

Do you mean they should have been seen as human units in the classic warcraft 3 but had elf models for some reason?

No, I mean that they were elf units in the Classic but you didn’t see their pointy ears. That changed in Reforged. See for yourself.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Swordsman#WC3

I still think it’s weird. Can we be sure that it had no budget reasons that they became high elves?

1 Like

I’m inclined to crack it up to that tbh.

If I remember right, Daelins troops didn’t even use the default High Elf priest model in the original, but rather a human reskin in their stead. So him using High Elf swordsmen now strikes me as odd.

I think they fixed it by the way. I played Old Hatreds today and the elven units were replaced by elite footmen units called “fleet footmen”, or something similar. Regardless, replaced by human units.

That has got to be a mistake on Blizzard’s part, lmao.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.