[A] Looking for small guilds to raid with

Fellow Sha’Moon Cartellians,

As a smaller guild, we’re finding it increasingly difficult to muster full numbers for raids at the moment. I know we’re not alone; there seems to be a bit of a lull in people at the moment. And considering the amount of Argent Dawners and other RP server people I see around Boralus, I don’t think this problem is limited to our server.

We’d like to find a number of other similarly placed guilds who’d enjoy joining forces to do the raids, especially with Azshara’s Palace about to open in a week or so.

We currently have people from three guilds, but would really welcome more. We’re good for tanks (amazingly!), but more heals and dps would be very welcome. I see from Wowprogress that there are several other guilds who seem to have stalled around where we got to before numbers dwindled.

We raid on Sunday nights from 8pm to 11pm (server time), and we’re a mix of UK, Dutch and Scandi mostly, and our ages range from 30s to 70s! We’re looking for more people who want to join our raids – needn’t leave your guild, we can do this as joint runs.

We’re more concerned with friendliness and having fun than pushing hard modes, we know people can make mistakes and we’re happy with that – there’s no calling out or abuse tolerated.

If you or your guild fancy joining us, drop someone in Dragons Eye a message, and we’ll get back to you.

[Insert RP farewell]

Dorv

2 Likes

We’ll be embarking on assaulting the Palace of the Fish Queen this Sunday, so if anyone else is interested, leave a message here, or /w in game.

Dorv

This is a bit like the Fifteenth Dusk back in the days on Sha’tar. They did really well offering friendly raid experience whilst allowing people to stay in their guild.

I love these kind of efforts, nice one Dorvan!

2 Likes

Do you have any requirements for those interested? Both in terms of addons, gear level etc., but also in terms of availability.

2 Likes

Thanks Katie! I can’t pretend it isn’t driven by our lack of numbers (several regulars not having returned since Legion), but I know people get attached to their guilds, and this can be a good compromise.

Silathin,

We’re a very mixed group in terms of gear, age etc. We’re mostly in 30s and 40s I’d say, but with 50s and 70s thrown in too. We are far more interested in people being friendly and enjoying the raid rather than pushing too hard. We still like to get through it, but at a more leisurely pace.

As for addons, most of us use DBM I suppose, but not everyone. Gear… well, probably the catch up Benthic stuff will be fine I’d have thought - we’re not doing Mythic after all.

We tend to raid on Sunday evenings (8pm onwards server time), and do dungeons on Saturday afternoons. It isn’t a problem if you can’t make every week - we have people drop in and out, so it’s fairly laid back.

Due to various unforseen things, we didn’t actually raid this Sunday, so we’ll be starting on Sunday 21st. Drop a mail in game if you want more info.

Dorv

2 Likes

This sounds very casual friendly for those with a life to take care of outside of wow too. I’d love to join in from time to time if you need an extra dps. I haven’t healed or tanked since Wrath of the Lich King so I am clueless there, but I have an alt or two that can sub in also if needed.

1 Like

Hiya,
I love the laid back sound of this!, Myself and my partner (both in 40’s) have just (literally) returned to Wow after a long break, ( family, Rl etc, etc) We would both be into teaming up, although it will take us some time to be geared appropriately as we are still leveling up.
I currently play mistweaver monk and my partner is a frost DK, If your still trying to put something together in the coming months we are definitely interested!
We last raided with a guild in Cataclysm and have covered all roles at one time or another so can be pretty flexible, mainly though we would be looking for the friendly relaxed environment to have and share a fun experience in a nice group.
We were at one time a member guild of the fifteenth dusk collective that Katiecruel mentioned and had some great raids with those guys from The Sha’tar back in the day, there were many small guilds intertwined into all that, It can and does work well.
I hope you are able to get this off the ground.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi Soluna,

Good to hear from you.

Yes, we’re happily underway now and making stately if not rushed progress. Yesterday’s raid (as we raid on Sundays as I mentioned above), we went 5/8 in normal with 15 people from three different guilds, so all fun and games.

When you’re all levelled up, drop me or someone from Dragons Eye a whisper or a mail and we’ll invite you along. Of course, lots of us have alts, so if you need people for an island hop, or a dungeon, no need to wait for 120, just shout.

Dorv

Hi Dorvan

That sounds great thank you, glad to hear you have things in motion!

Sol

if your still looking for people I can come and help on my hunter cheytac :slight_smile: the shatar

Hi,

We’re going great, but there’s always room for more. We’re averaging around 17 people from five or six guilds. We’ve been doing fresh runs each week and getting to 6/8 in normal, but this evening we’ve saved the lock and are going to push for the 8/8n.

If you’re on and fancy coming along, drop me a whisper. We’ll be getting going at 8pm Server time (7pm UK time).

Dorv

I’m sorry RL has gotten in the way these past weeks. I hope to be able to join up soon!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.