A moment of silence for PvP players

Same with arena, u supposed 2 make friends and play against other players that made friends. Same with bg 40 friends that play a pvp scenario against other players.
Wtf is hard to understand.

1 Like

In fact my arena mates stayed my friends for longer period of time than any raiders I raided with.

2 Likes

What a silly panda you are :smirk: My best friends are my arena mates, I generally cut contact with PvE friends after a while because they are generally shallow ones but friendships made in arena are much more solid and not fragile unlike friendships made in PvE. This is where we make friends.

Regarding the inequality between gear rewards of PvP and PvE… Random battlegrounds are already disgusting and something that I boycott because of mercenary mode so it is not a problem for me if max iLvL reward you can get is 197 iLvL which is equal to M+6 iLvL item but rated PvP needs to be on par with Heroic and Mythic raid iLvL gear 1800-2100 rating is more difficult than Heroic raiding I can assure you, because I could Heroic raid without any addon or watching guides.

Briefly Rated PvP rewards need some love because PvE is much more easy compared to PvP, excluding Mythic mode of course.

I will be following the news to see if I can rival against PvE items in arena by playing only PvP, if I won’t have that opportunity then I’ll start getting those emails they send to inactive players “Hey there Gekko! Come back we have bla and bla this patch, Azeroth needs you!”…

I hate PvE, yea.

1 Like

You’re in denial, If gear didnt trump skill back in the day with resilience and wehat not…

I mean…

Litterally, you speak of gear trumping skills back in day too ya know?>

I know we have some vocal people who enjoy to relish in being able to outgear PvP players easily. But that’s just a vocal minority.

Most of us want PvP players to be able to equally enjoy the game and have a better system 🤷… people quitting the game doesn’t benefit any of us

Blizzard really need to rethink their plans with this.

Gear > skill has always been kinda a myth

At the end of the day Ur gear will carry you so far, but your gonna end up among the players equally geared to you very quickly… which then puts these players on a level playing field…

Gears only gonna win til you reach a certain catagory of players

And that has always been in the game, if you took a elite geared PvP character back in wraith you’d absolutely run through players who were less geared you

But you’d by the time of having that gear prolly be among the other players also wearing that gear.

1 Like

It wasnt really a myth

PVP gear back in the day always outdone PVE gear back in the day.

What you are implying is an MMR type system. Chances are high that at a certain point you was going to be facing people with simialr gear adn tahts when skilll comes into much bigger factor only. Not before that.

We need PvP resilience and Power back in game on gear earned from a vendor using honour and conquest points.

It’s a system that we had for many expansions before and worked.

We need PvP stats back and have separate PvP and PvE gear or this issue of having to do high end PvE for the better gear to do PvP will never go away.

3 Likes

Well yes but u could argue this on multiple degrees

For example if your playing the right classes PvP can become easier
It takes less skill to perform against worst opponants.

Effectively PvP is only as hard as the enemy team make it. And even then you can break down comps and more which would all give you a advantage which overall can make the game easier.

It’s the nature of a mmorpg. And on any system unless they scale everyone to the same gear upon entering arena

In my opinion I think there are better ways of handling it as I stated in another thread.

For example.

If they disabled borrowed powers and trinkets from PvE and then had a base set of armour which everyone used in PvP. You could then implement a progression system onto it

For example:

Every 10 levels gained on the armour = a tier set like bonus which enhances your abilities in PvP environments.

Then implement a talent tree which has 7 rows of 3 options which you unlock through PvP exp.

Then implement some cool PvP trinkets.

You would eliminate the pve overgearing as it wouldn’t function in PvP environments. But at the same time everyone gets this base set of armour so it keeps the barrier entry low.

Providing this wasn’t a infinite grind aswell and worked off a weekly reward, it wouldn’t be time consuming for the casual player. And doesn’t require any PvP scaling at all to implement.

This would likely be imho the best fix to the situation while retaining blizzards want to conjoin all modes of the game cohesively while at the same time offering a pure progression path in a PvP enviroment for the players demanding it.

It’d atleast at minimum be a compromise realistically.

RBG matchmaking this expansion was horrible, probably down to the low level of people queueing though like you say. My team was 1.7 mmr matched against a 2.2 mmr. Like, what.

I’d love to see a revival in this bracket, RBGs are probably my favourite things to do. It’s sad seeing teams who could give it a good go if they had access to a PvP set available die to teams with all BiS PvE gear. I don’t think 15+ gear should be obsolete in PvP but I also don’t think it should be hitting as hard as it is.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed dipping my toes into mythics this expansion. I just think in a PvP environment PvP gear should be king.

Really don’t understand why they felt a change was needed from the systems they had in place in MoP/WoD. Sets easy to obtain, the challenge was the conquest gear. But at least in an honor set you stood a chance.

1 Like

I dont even know what was wrong with MoP design .

I like pvp bgs as a casual , were my go to since i dont raid and dont push m+ stuff . It is fun to .

Working on honor to get geat was quite fun and with each piece i could see how i was doing better . ( once a blue moon i was geting a conquest item and was nice)

I dont find pvp as a side activity , is quite nice and if they keep “shooing” away players is not right .

Cheers

1 Like

the real issue is that M+ is in the game and the fact it ‘‘has’’ to be a competitive form of end game gear progression for the only M+ers and so random BG and arena skirmish gear can’t be good or it’ll invalidate M+.

Yeah, it’s pretty terrible.

People should be able to level to max, then just keep queuing BGs and be geared for BGs that way, with at most some daily quests as a requirement.

We used to be able to have that in WoD as well as in Cata / MoP, sans some highest-level raid gear craziness. We have not been able to do that in Legion and in BFA. That killed participation and made a lot of players unsub. Sadly, Shadowlands continue in the same vein. Well, that just means PVP is going to stay in the grave.

1 Like

Ah yes, a mature and an objectively correct reaction to a differing opinion.

I do! A lot more than I used to. That said, I barely play either, PvP or PvE anymore as I’m now a filthy casual with not so much time to play. Thank you for your concern.

100% agree with OP.

This thread is hilarious.

Precisely, Legion is when I stopped participating in PvP, rated Arena or casual BGs.
I don’t see me returning to it anytime soon in its current form.

1 Like

while i agree pvp gearing needs to be better , but idk if spending honor like that would be good. It would promote afking in bgs to get such said honor. I would personally rather see a personal rating/profile, even for random unrated bgs.

Wich records some different stats and is able to reward them on it. Like leading in certain stats on the board in bgs/arenas. Amount of bgs played and bgs won. Allowing a bit more rewards for people who play more often.

And perhaps also the leaving stat could added, wich would put you in a bracket with other leavers for a while if you leave too often

I thinka more personal profile/rating everywhere in pvp would promote afking less than paying just with honor

You were always a causal dude. And you rarely even play bgs…

I can see your point. Maybe they could invest time back into rated BGs as a way of gearing. So whilst in normal BGs you can still earn honor, its more worth while doing rated BGs for more honor and conquest points come from rated arena. So you can upgrade your conquest gear with a rating in BGs or arena.

Normal BGs are a more of fun aspect of the game, whilst still able to work toward the gear. But rated BGs give you a lot more honor to get gear faster. A normal BG might give 200 for a win, but a rated game give 500. So no matter what rating you are, in a rated BG you know everyone will be playing to win and not just afking.