A painful realisation

What you wrote here really resonates with me because this is exactly how I’ve felt for a long time myself. I just… don’t want to accept it. I still want to roleplay like I used to but now I fear the unavoidable truth for me is that my days are also behind me and I don’t know what to do. I really don’t want to let go.

Someone asked me to post the commission again here, and as a man of the people I can’t help but oblige. Also because I love looking at it.

It’s a bitter pill to swallow, for sure. I’m sure other posters in here can give good advice in maybe revitalizing RP for you, but I certainly wouldn’t put it behind you until you’re sure that those days are definitely done.

7 Likes

I actually came back to WoW after a decade-long hiatus; I even transferred some of my characters to AD, since my old RP server was pretty dead.

I’ve not really done much RP since then though… part of that is my fault, since I have been spending a lot of time actually leveling up and such. But I also have had a lot of trouble finding decent RP in general…

Part of this seems to be that a lot of RP on this server seems very insular to me. You need to join a guild or some kind of RP circle or campaign to get anything done. Even people who are just RPing out in the streets of Stormwind or such feel like they all have their own circle of friends and such, so it’s kind of hard to just insert yourself into that and join their play.

It also doesn’t help that a lot of people seem to have moved their communications and even RP to Discord. I’m in a bunch of AD Discord groups, but I kinda find myself not especially wanting to constantly tab out of the game to catch up with people posting memes or whatever, keeping track of dozens of channels on dozens of servers. I’m not one of these young millenials who can keep track of notifications from social media every 5 seconds; nor do I particularly want to.

Like I said, a lot of this is because of my own limitations on time and energy I’m willing to put in; but it does feel pretty daunting either way.

1 Like

Forgot I hadn’t replied to this wholesome post that deserves some attention.

You don’t dream alone, I had the same thoughts as you. In my own headcanon they would have met and become firm friends.

Definitely. You’re one of the best of us and it’s an honour to know you.

I’ll miss it too when your race is deleted from the game soon :frowning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.