A Player Fix For "Midterm: Rune Aptitude" registering bug

This has been an annoying bug that has existed since Legion’s launch apparently. Pretty pathetic to be honest. Such lazy developers. And I really wish RNG and World Quests weren’t a thing, so I can actually earn the stuff I want without having to sink hours into the game to get it. Pretty poor game design in my opinion. Probably some of the worst I’ve ever seen in my gaming career.

Anyway, I thought this bug for Rune Aptitude was something that would have no fix. It was obviously caused by movement speed increasing abilities. I was thinking of ways to fix it besides removing the talents/buffs that cause it, and it occurred to me that it was a syncing issue. This usually occurs when your character moves faster than the servers can register, meaning it would predict your movements, so as a result, the hitbox wouldn’t be where it appears on your screen.

The solution?

Stutter stepping. Those who don’t know what this means, it’s as it sounds. You just tap your forward key (Depending on your movement style), and do that, so your stopping very quickly and moving pretty fast surprisingly, this way it forces the server to register your new location. It’s a pretty effective solution. This could work with other issues which the game struggles with

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.