[A-RP] Alliance War Council - Saturday 12th Oct 19:00

The RP in general is decided by the community of the server. If the majority claimed that Isiden should be arrested and were hostile towards him, he would act as such. There was only one issue from a mercenary group, which lead to a very nice conflict, but nobody joined in. I think a disciple of light tried to talk to those npcs and said that Isiden was a pretender and fake. Very well, convince others and we will deal with it accordingly. Bringing artificial decided rules, is like suddenly dropping the rulebook in a dnd session claiming that you were mistreated even though the DM allowed it and players had no problem with it. But I guess you guys like being “that guy”.

Wow… xD
So you’re just denying the lore presented in the books, use the retail lore (which currently is non-existent) to justify your ends and use the community (which probably has as much clue about Alterac as Tyrelia who doesn’t know that the Alteraci are considered traitors and criminals) to say “it’s ok because they didn’t do anything and we threathened those who did. So stop molesting us”

This is going off the rails, or actually it has been de-railed already.

Ciss, I think your first comments about this were very aggressive, and has also set the tone for the whole discussion here, but obviously you feel very strongly about this.

What good RP is subjective too, and it doesn’t make you right, or wrong for that matter.

In any case, I am with Elisande on this one, but hardly any surprise since I’m in the guild myself.

I do not feel it has to be black and white in regards to these things, but obviously some do, which is also fine. I don’t see his character as being the same as someone RP’ing Arthas, Jaina, Thrall etc.

Playing devils advocate, I do see why you do not like this, and why you are concerned because if one person does it, then it can open the flood gates to people who want to RP more known characters, and I see the point against RP’ing any established character as well. Again, I personally do not feel this is black and white. So I do see your points as well.

In the end of the day people can RP with who they want to RP with. If you don’t agree with the way people RP you can choose not to RP with them, or the ones they RP with. I feel many do not have an issue with New Alterac and the guild is contributing to RP on the server, which shouldn’t be diminished because there is something you don’t agree with. I know we invest time and effort into this game, but it is just that, a game, so everyone should calm down about this.

TL;DR
You can choose who you RP with.
Remember this is a game folks.

2 Likes
  1. Alteraci are considered traitorous, not traitors
  2. Many Alteraci became thieves or joined syndicate, because of the reputation, deepening this stigma even more.
  3. Alteracy citizens and nobles were stripped of their rights, and their citizens joined lordaeron when this happened, losing lands and gaining rights of a mere peasents.

By no means, are Alteraci, officially declared criminals that should be arrested on sight, and i clearly stated how they’re frowned upon.

Holy f you like twisting words and making up stuff <3 Nice thing insulting the community too. Very mature Cristyn. I’ll ask you this. If the community as a whole has its own rules, and doesn’t have a problem with Isiden, why do you? and why do you try to harass and change it? We will do and react based on the community of our server. If the majority in the council would go “kick him out, arrest him” and so on, he would act accordingly. Everything in RP is powerplay, be it the location you are residing in or the noble house and lands you claim are yours. Nothing matters if the people do not aknowledge you and everything is based around that. Goodbye

That’s the way mankind’s finest rise to the top. <3 kkthxbb

Can’t be bothered to answer that…

btw: Following the end of the war, Thoras Trollbane demanded that the eastern portion of Alterac be annexed to Stromgarde in recognition of its efforts and sacrifices during the conflict. King [Terenas] of Lordaeron was undecided on what to do, thinking about giving the throne to Perenolde’s son, [Aliden]. [Genn Greymane]of Gilneas also joined the dispute, supporting the claims of a nephew of Perenolde, [Isiden] who had taken refuge in Gilneas.

edit: I just wanted to state clearly… idk if the average person in the community even knows who you are playing and what sort of potential he has. You obviously do and play it down or do and waste him. I don’t think it’s good either way but stay bluepilled and do your ffa fantasy rp

I know you did. But that doesn’t change the fact that the NPC-guard would have arrested “Isiden” and any man or woman openly stating alliance to the Alteraci nobility.

Picking a nationalist Alteraci RP-concept (which of cause is pretty cool!) is picking the role of a foe. Is picking the role of an outsider, which simply won’t be allowed in Alliance territory publicly. If you can’t deal with this handicap in the concept: don’t pick it.

You are putting stress on the PCs by ignoring the NPCs in the first place.

Of cause he did. He did get in trouble with the Alliance on many issues, ultimately resulting in leaving the Alliance and building the Wall.

So… if somebody appears claiming to be Arthas and the Com would accept it, that would be lore, server-lore and fine in your definition?!

This discussion is getting stranger every moment.

Lore and its cities, stories and characters are to be the framework. One to be treated with respect. Untouched by your egoism.

It was simply critical.
Yet… it got aggressive. For good reasons: There is no confession. No turning back from the path you choose.

Agreeing on that.
Excactly like the forums are for criticising.

• I’ll have a sleep! Good night.

Some constructive feedback.

1) On the initiative
Great initiative, and I appericiate that we have at long last begun the journey that is joint IC-development. We should all strive towards a continued effort to involve one another moving on.

2) On the structure of the event
What structure?

The only structure I could spy was the fact that the meeting was started by having each guild’s representative introduce him/herself. It was helpful to have each guild step forward, and needed to establish a fundament, but the introductions themselves were awkward and random as well as far too lengthy. It didn’t help that everyone spoke out of turn, and emotes went wild during announcements and speeches. Solution?

• Allow only a REPRESENTATIVE and an ADVISOR of each faction to attend the meeting

• Demand for topics to be forwarded and listed in ADVANCE of the meeting, that way we will have an ordered agenda that all are familiar with beforehand

• Always have a suitable Moderator for each meeting (or a “minister/councillor” for each field), and decree that noone are allowed to /say or /emote in full before called to the floor to either forward one’s own topic or to reply to another’s. Nothing should ever happen unless the Moderator allows it

3) On who should be welcome
It is an Alliance Council, and thus I find it very questionable for alledged Alteraci to attend the meeting. First, of course, since they are Alteraci and not a part of the Alliance. Secondly, as already mentioned, because they follow a character claiming the identity of a privileged NPC. Of course it is indeed rude to ignore them in full, but they shouldn’t pausibly be allowed to influence Alliance affairs in this manner.

Aside from that specific case, I strongly believe that whoever attends simply need to represent something or someone of relevance to the Council’s affairs, and that they also need to announce their attendance in advance along side any eventual subjects they desire to bring forth for discussion or/and voting.

4) On the Council’s continued workings
The Council’s focus in this case, as perhaps natural taking its announced name into consideration, was warfare. While I acknowledge that war is fun and all, I’d myself favor a Council that in the future tends to a wider arsenal of topics and fields. Suggestions being:

• Magic
    Concerning matters that are of a magical nature, dealing in particular with mysteries that could be a threat, especially now that the Kirin Tor is all but absent on an organized level.
  • War
    Covering all which includes military might and action against other sentinent and faction-oriented foes.
  • State
    A field which focuses on internal topics, caring for the inner workings of the Alliance. Work, food, construction, civil unrest and politics are all examples of what this field includes. There is also the prospect of “Justice”: Eventual trials as well as the forming of policies would be put under this category.
  • Faith
    This field embraces all matters of culture and Faith, including wishes for pilgrimage, the construction of shrines or the planning of grand rites, ceremonies or rituals.
  • External Affairs
    In apparent opposition to the field of State, External Affairs cover the ground of occurances and topics that are beyond our own lands and immediate grasp. The Scourge, as a threat to the World itself is a fine example, but so is a wish for an expedition into Silithus or a joint effort to cleanse Felwood of its taint.

This added width would of course demand much work and administration, preferably handled by an elected “minister” or “secretary” for each category. Understandably such roles would bestow the elected characters considerable power, and it is therefore adviced to re-elect on a regular basis and never allow one character to remain in seat for too long at a time.

As a note, a proper electoral procedure must of course be drafted before any of this can come into play.

5) On our characters’ and the Council’s influence over the Alliance
It is important to acknowledge the fact that we can never imply that we are speaking on behalf of the Alliance. We are not entitled characters, privileged nobles or anything like it. We must thus make sure that we always act in a way that respects the framework that is the lore, and the restraints that comes with it.

6) On the Council’s name moving forward
Hoping that we decide to take at least some of my feedback into consideration, I’ll kindly suggest for a new and broader name to be picked up: “Council of Alliance Affairs”, “The Alliance Conclave”, “People’s Chamber”, “Advisory Council of the Alliance”, “Council of Lesser Affairs” are some suggestions from the top of my mind.

At last, the end
That is all for now, but I have now written an IC-draft as promised. The link is here: [Concluded] Advisory Council of the Alliance. Feedback is of course welcome, and very much encouraged (both IC and OOC).

4 Likes

So after that show on the forum here you can understand why this event failed, was just like this! Hahaha

1 Like

You find it funny that an RP event you didn’t organize failed in your opinion? Interesting, and clearly you’re contributing in making sure RP thrive on the realm (sarcasm warning)

Why not be constructive, and show what could be improved instead?

The fact that someone took the initiative to make an RP event should be applauded. This was also the first of its kind, so of course things can be improved.

A constructive post, although in regards to who was invited, and why please see below. It seems a few have missed the whole point of the event, and didn’t read, or at least remember what was in the invitation to the event.

It doesn’t mention you have to be part of the Alliance to participate per say. I feel the whole idea behind this event was also for the community to meet up. As stated by Mex in his post as well:

You mean like your rude lady-guildie who randomly calls others trolls for no reason?

Look, there have been constructive suggestions:

• Don’t role a royal NPC. Instead role a self-made noble.
  • Don’t show up as a nationalistic Alteraci openly within Alliance territory.

Any chance of reacting to such really good constructive suggestions?
Yes or No?
If it’s “No”, then I’ll also go with:

Because in that case there is no point in keeping the discussion alive and at least laughing is healthy.

Hey look its one of my fans!

Not signing autographs today buddy. o/

Again: Any self made noble will have more power than the “royal” npc you so despise.

Do not mistake Alteraci People for Syndicate. Germans were not enslaved or killed on sight after ww2. Most the guildies are foreigners who support our goal to reestablish Alterac and enter Alliance again, to pay for the traitors kings mistakes and regain honor for the nation.

And by the lore you love mentioning so often: If Isiden was a criminal and should have been caught/killed/trialed for his uncles actions, then why didn’t he when Gilneas rejoined Alliance? Seems like it was very easy to conclude that a person shouldn’t have been judged for the sins of his family.

And please look at your first comments, they were downright rude and elitist/snobbish. I don’t deal with politness to those kind of people.

Pure speculation to say the least. - Simply not true, I’d judge.
And the character is not “royal”. He is royal.
If you’d know “real medieval history” (as you claimed some posts earlier…), you’d know that one can’t get rid of peerage - a fact the term “blue blood” already indicates as one can’t change his very blood. Such royal blood will always hold more potential.

Therefore all other human kingdoms either combated the familiy members of House Perenolde (like King Thoras wanting to take every power from them by jailing them) or tried to use them for their own gains (like King Genn, first claiming he didn’t talk to the boy who fled to Gilneas, then trying to get Isiden on Alterac’s throne for his own benefit).

“Less potential power than any other Alteraci House” - Just lol.

Nobody did. That’s why I said:

High-ranking Germans who did declare their solidarity to N*zi-Germany indeed got arrested.

The Alliance has no interest in reestablishing the Kingdom of Alterac under the reign of a Perenolde. That is why the people of Alterac were finally bannished from their lands by the Alliance. That is why the Syndicate - dispossessed Alteraci nobles led by the crown prince - formed and fights the Alliance to this day.

Isiden has never been mentioned in the Lore since 2010 / preCata.
He is supposed to reside in Gilneas until fresh lore states otherwise.
(He therefore never showed up in Stormwind - so you already entered the Free-Fantasy-RP status in addition to your Power-RP status.)

So there are two possibilities:

• Blizzard soft-retconned him by just not mentioning him, indicating he is dead or gone or even never existed - just out of laziness.
    Same with other characters like Tandred and Finall, Daelin Proudmoore’s children, from which only one finally made it into the game with BfA. Finall joining sometime…? Who knows.
  • Genn is lying about him and/or hiding him, feigning his death or absence.
    (!) Hey some wild theory: Isiden Perenolde = Mathias Shaw! Rogue style!
    Didn’t Mathias originate from Ravenholdt - Nemesis of the Syndicate… Isiden working in the shadows to regain reputation and power for his claim… Genn spying on us all the time…!
    Repeating: Who knows?

'Tell you, who knows… Blizzard does.

Because it is THEIR character. It is NOT yours.
You are not meant to write any destiny for that character. You are not to touch it.
You are to be discriminated for such a disrespectful behaviour within a healthy RP-Community. - That is actually the Retail standard since many, many years on any RP-server I’ve ever played on.

I still don’t get what’s “downright rude” about a question and criticism.
That question could have been your chance to react capable.
Your chance to answer the question appropriate.
You ultimately failed, confirming that indeed you are not capable of a leading role, non at all that one of a NPC.
Waaay too emotional, girl. (Guess it’s because deep inside you know about your sins and therefore any exposure is triggering you af.)

If… it would show that on Zandalar Tribe it is commonly regarded “elitist” to safeguard NPCs, commonly not held as a standard - then by all means screw RP on this server. Nothing I would love to get involved with anymore. Such bad behaviours are the reason for a bad reputation of RPs among Non-RPs.
(Next to endless, senseless, nerdy discussions about a game… :grin:)

But hey, that’s a big “if”.
Black sheeps everywhere, question is how to handle them.

Taking your last post as a “no”. I’ll leave you be, then.

There is a very good example on another thread about Alliance Advisory Council on how politely or constructively I can discuss stuff when not provoked :slight_smile: .

When a true biological heir isn’t present, mostly civil wars happen and new allegiances are formed. The existing big houses fill the power vacuum and start ruling for their own interests. If the heir shows up suddenly after years of being gone, he is mostly hunted and disposed by the opposition which have filled the vacuum of power he hast left. They aren’t going to immediately transfer all the power and rule to someone who claims to be an heir. There have been countless examples throughout history when somoene claimed to be a true heir, but it didn’t matter because even if they did the major houses wouldn’t just give up their newfound powers. The “heir” would then mostly used as puppets and Casus Beli to wage wars with those nobles. You claiming that Isiden holds great power is the real just - just lol here.

You assume that we are basically High-ranking Alteraci who did declare their solidarity to Traitorous Alterac. Which is also not true, the only thing common is that some of us were born there, but want to actually to good for the alliance and fix the mistake our traitor king did, as we are the ones who have suffered by it the most.

You don’t decide what alliance has interest to reestablish or not. Especially considering that 2 nations of alliance wanted a perenolde on the throne. It is an open story that has no ending, and no one person can decide on how it ends, other than a community as a whole. We are already doing enough pretense.

Wow classic is in a state of limbo, there will be no fresh lore after this, which in my opinion is a perfect opportunity to use the minor npcs we want. and no Blizzard has no idea of its own story or characters, just look at current lore.

Why am I not allowed to touch it? I’m allowed to play the game, my actions don’t change the world for everyone, just for the people who share the same vision/story with me. Nobody is hurt.

And common, if you don’t see how provocative your first comment was, it speaks about your elitist attitude even more.

Furthermore what you are claiming is very biased and purely unhealthy: Just because a community did something like this, doesn’t mean that another community can do something differently. To give you an example, there are hundreds of LARP, around the world and they all have different rules. You join the one you like and don’t condencend or harass people who are playing by different rules that you’d like. Absolutely the same goes here, the rules are decided by the community itself, and it is very easy not to include some with whom you don’t agree with, or how to include them so their made up story doesn’t effect you. How do you even handle combat? Some people like rolling, some like emote and some like blizzard pvp. Do you go “no you shall fight me by XXX because this is how we did it in a HEALTHY RP Community”? It is very snobbish and disrespectful. Rp with people you want, and share your rules, it is that easy.

1 Like

This thread is perfection. My legacy of greatness approves.

PS: RPing as a character created by blizzard, Isilden whom I often drink and joke with, even if mentioned only once in lore, is a bit daft even to my noobish eyes (when it comes to RP).

PSS: how dare anyone claim Mr. Perenolde be a insignificant character!!! THE AUDACITY! I mean… he exists, right? There. Greatness in itself.

lol.

He barily excists and was pretty much just written in to flesh out the Perenolde family tree a bit, he’s a pretty useless character lorewise and was a great opportunity to weave in some Alteraci lore with our RP :slight_smile:

Mad people can just report him and wait for Blizzard NOT to force a name change, since it’s all within their RP ruleset because of how minor this character is.

1 Like

Old Blanchy has more lore than Isiden.