[A-RP] [Campaign] Twilight Horizons

Twilight Horizons

Information:

Dates
  • Arrival for Briefing and Introductions: Monday 17th October.
  • First Event: Tuesday 18th October.
  • Final Event: Tuesday 25th October.
  • Rest Day: Friday 21st October
Discord Links

https://discord.gg/pgDyprn7Xn

How to sign up

Reply with:

Guild Name/Individual:
OOC character name:
Estimated numbers:

The Story so far…

The Ren’dorei condition is one of complex nature and untold possibilities. A condition that invites curiosity in the pursuit of a dangerous power.

Whispered pleas lost to the far corners of the known worlds, elves picked from the map, swallowed by an echo of a name known to the Ren’dorei with a hateful hold. A dark presence lingering on the tongues of these elves that endured his torture or heard echoes of the name: Xevozz, the Void Ethereal.

Once a fiercely loyal follower to Umbric, he detested the new way of things. An irresistible hunger for power led him to the side of Saprish, studying and learning until the downfall of the Shadowguard by the hands of Alleria. Though hungry still, Xevozz became bent on creating a new order, a new world and so whispered pleas became lost across the winds of the North as twisted experiments echo the footsteps of Umbric in a different light at the hands of a mysterious relic, rumoured to exist at the centre of his plot.

Now he stands in hiding, hastening his plans following an interruption in his laboratory at Oshu’gun which left the allies with critical intelligence. A map pointing to the Twilight Highlands where an ‘asset’ is located, likely alongside Xevozz himself with orders hinting at a coming danger facing Stormwind itself.
These catastrophic plans cannot be allowed to be realised, imminent danger faces the Capital of the Alliance and so a call to arms is posted:
All able bodies are requested to face this danger and bring the fight to the enemy, before the enemy grows too strong.

OOC Information:

Hello Argent Dawn! We’re happy to bring this campaign to the forums, offering signups for anyone who might answer the call for a military response against a growing and insidious threat to the Kingdom.
This section will have any and all OOC information for the campaign, though if there are any questions they are welcomed to be posted on the discord server.

The dates for the campaign start from the 17th to the 25th, with events starting on the 18th after a briefing/introduction the day before. The campaign spans with events every night bar the 21ts, Friday, which will remain as a rest day for casual RP.

This campaign has been created to offer a new threat to be faced revolving around the storylines of many Ren’dorei, though it invites characters from all walks to defend the region. Xevozz, a powerful Void-Ethereal has done enough damage for his actions to finally be noticed and has taken the immediate interest of the Alliance Military Command. It is up to the players to respond and deal with the threat the best they can, calling on their expertise in a style of storytelling where their actions influence the storyline, each event and the campaign as a whole.
If you think you have what it takes, come join us and find out.

FAQs

Where will Information be posted?

Information will be posted on the discord linked at the top. Role selection will open up when signups close on the 30th September

When will signups close?

September 30th.

Are you looking for DMs?

Yes! We are looking for DMs, to ask more or sign up to be one join the discord linked at the top and shoot an organiser a message.

Will my character fit in this event/setting

This event tailors to Alliance Military type characters, those who would have a stake in protecting Stormwind.

Is there a limited number of participants?

We’re currently capping the event at 50 members. Though this may be subject to change and a reserves list may be put in place depending on interest.

Guilds:

• Section Seven (10)
  • The Royal Court (4) (Cailen)
  • Stormwind Investigations (8-10) (Juniperr/Faelenn)
  • Gold Coast Adventuring (5-7) (Cialryn/Develey)
  • The Iron Antlers (12-14) (Arroweyejack/Outdoorsman/Tedde)
  • The Wandering Enclave (6-13) (Nathannual)

Individuals:

• Sparkdagger
  • Desartin
  • Myriia
  • Morlea
  • Derríck
  • Gwyddhienne
  • Nyterian
  • Dellarianna
  • Thesalese
  • Sedina
  • Duskwrïght
  • Greyguard

Waitlist

Waitlist

Guilds:

Individuals:

8 Likes

Guild Name/Individual: N/A - Individual
OOC character name: Sparkdagger
Estimated numbers: Me, Myself and I

2 Likes

This does seem pretty interesting, and I’ll come check it out!

Guild Name/Individual: Individual
OOC character name: Desartin
Estimated numbers: Just myself!

3 Likes

Guild Name/Individual: Stormwind Investigations
OOC character names: Juniperr & Banastre/Faelenn as points of contact
Estimated numbers: 8-10

We’re also happy to help out where needed!

2 Likes

Guild Name: Gold Coast Adventuring
OOC character name: Cialryn
Alternate contact: Develey
Estimated numbers: 5-7

1 Like

Guild Name: The Iron Antlers
OOC character names: Arroweyejack, Outdoorsman, Tedde (Points of contact)
Estimated numbers: 12-14

2 Likes

OOC character name: Myriia
Estimated numbers: Only Myriia, though she comes with a frostsaber and maybe a chimaera

1 Like

Jack has a guild :open_mouth:

1 Like

Myeees! I’m one of the GMs in it, we’ve got a little council on the go :wink:

Important Information

Due to some phasing issues in the Twilight Highlands, people are required to have the Twilight Highlands completed. As there’s still a month left until the start of the Campaign, we hope this won’t be much of an issue for people. Timing the quest chain, it took just under 2 hours to complete.

14/09
Hello! We come to you with an update.

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we are having to postpone the campaign by a month or so due to one of our writers having Covid. As I’m sure some of you know it takes time to plan a campaign and we feel that to do the best we can and bring those interested the best event we can we need just that little bit extra time to make sure it hits expectations.

What does this mean?

We are still going to keep this open, Working on it in the background and are still looking for DMs to aid with running it. We are also looking for anyone interested in aiding with the writing of the campaign.

Future announcements and dates will be posted here and on the discord.

3 Likes

OOC character name: Morlea
Estimated numbers: 1

OOC character name: Derríck
Estimated numbers: uno

Guild Name/Individual: Bayerleyn Retinue
OOC character name: Shonn (Guild leader)
Estimated numbers: 3-6

Numbers can vary depending on activity fluctuations over time.

Hellooo!
Individuals Gwyddhienne, Nyterian, Dellarianna
OOC Character Names: Gwyd(d)hienne, Nyterian, Dellarianna
Est. Numbers: 3!

2 Likes

My name is Nyterian, and I support the message above.

I hope you are okay with observers potentially. I am a Wandering Monk who may have heard of this mission through his connections with important people and has headed over to help with his cooking and brewing skills.

1 Like

I’d like to sign up, please

OOC character name: Thesalese

Hello again!

As posted earlier, on the 14th, the dates have changed. The new dates decided on are as follows and have been amended in the original post.

• Arrival for Briefing and Introductions: Monday 17th October.
  • First Event: Tuesday 18th October.
  • Final Event: Tuesday 25th October.
  • Rest Day: Friday 21st October

Additionally, since we’ve reached the limit set all further signups below this post will be placed on a waitlist. This will be below the signups on the original post!

2 Likes

Greetings! Signing up as individual for on the waitlist. Can possibly DM where need be.

Guild Name/Individual: Elveena Duskwright
OOC character name: Duskwrïght

Hello! Neat idea for an upcoming campaign, the plot seems interesting. I would like to sign up as an individual if possible.

OOC character name: Sedina