[A-RP] Sha'Aree RP Hub

Situation

Our beloved Exodar and Azuremyst isle has been abandoned for serveral years and in-game, these places remain as a recent-rough-landing spot with crash-sites all over the Azuremyst and Bloodmyst isle. Unfortunately, it is unknown when and if these areas will be updated to represent a more decent, recovered, developed and improved infrastructure of the Draenei at these isles. And with this, an alternative option comes in and it solves all our perception of how a today Draenei village or an outpost should look like.

In addition to that, it is sad to witness that a lot of Draenei RP nowadays mostly in Stormwind or other areas and only numbers of our kin RP at the Draenei lands. And now, the solution!

Solution

Sha’Aree! Village of Sha’Aree. What’s that? Allow me to enlighten you:

Sha’Aree is one of the villages, that has been built and developed over the time since the initial rough landing upon Azeroth. Buildings were built, fields were grown, technology has been improving and most importantly, our culture has carried on. Sha’Aree is merely one of the villages that is located East-North-East from Exodar and on a relative distance. Village has been developing and improving over the years and hence the land around it has been worked upon to resemble as much as possible the all known to Draenei Draenor environment. Karabor and its surroundings to be more precise.

But how can Sha’Aree exist? Why Sha’Aree and not Azure Watch for example? - These are good questions and I have good answers for them. First of all, why Sha’Aree? We thought that using a custom name for the village will allow us to place this village on the isles anywhere we want. And we want to be as far away as possible from the Exodar. First, it will lore-wise allow us to explain that mounting up and riding from Sha’Aree to Exodar and back would take a relatively significant amount of time. Second, using Azure Watch or other settlements from Azuremyst isle would contradict with the actual places + they are too close to the Exodar itself. Finally, World of Azeroth and other places, are far larger than they are represented in-game.

In practice

Elodor and it’s outskirts is a perfect place to represent a today’s village on Azuremyst isle. It has everything we all need. Hospital, training grounds, Jed’hin or Sparring areas, Inn, School and more! Draenor’s Shadowmoon location also has a lot of interesting spots which can be used as places that are on Azuremyst isle, developed as the time passed by.

I would like to encourage and invite RPers to visit this place. It is a perfect opportunity to dive into Draenei Culture filled environment. For this purpose, a discord channel will be formed. There you can find a lot of handy information. Such as methods on how to get into this village if you are below level 90. A layout map to help navigate RPers through the village. Event list to encourage and partake in the events of the village and more.

Discord

In the upcoming days, dedicated Discord channel will be organized to help roleplayers. Map will become available later on with a defined layout of the village, to help players navigate themselves through the buildings: Hospital, Office, Training Grounds, Inn, etc. In addition to that, players can find helpful instructions on how to get to Sha’Aree if they are below level 90. Info Desk, where events will be posted, related to the village itself. Everyone is encourage to host an event. Finally, we will attempt to come up with Draenei set of laws, since the village is at Draenei lands, it would be a nice move to expand Draenei culture and influence.

discord.gg/P4cKJqh - Discord is now available! Once you join it, you won’t be able to see majority of the server at first. Please, read the rules and information and follow the procedure. Once you get ‘approved’ tag, you are good to go! Thank you!

Map of Sha’Aree
Thanks to Allerii’s efforts, we now have a map of our own for the village. Legend behind the map can be found at our discord. It can be posted here as well, if such demand arises.
imgur: /a/9w1CprL

Final notes

It is about time we bring back our Draenei lands and justify their existance lore-wise on Azeroth. It is about time we bring a solid and unique Draenei experience for our RP community. I hope that with this, people will be encourage not only to come over and bring randomly generated RP content. I also hope that this will encourage others to start off their Draenei guilds as well, increasing our so small Draenei community.

24 Likes

Love seeing RP initiatives like this and I wonder is there anyway to assist for non Draenei? Perhaps we could figure out a reason to deploy or visit the region in the future. Regardless I wish you the best of luck and thank the Sha’ur for keeping Draenei RP alive on this server!

6 Likes

I love the idea and I hope it goes well ^^ Even though I don’t RP a Draenei, I would love to help out if there’s a way

6 Likes

Woo nice initiative and really needed! Elodor is awesome and it can also build up and give so much rp fantasy around the draenei and their lore. I would love for it to be used as a draenei hub, to meet, live long and prosper :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

… I must say, this name would be a little awkward if I were to visit with my draenei. Which would actually amuses me greatly so there’s a good chance I would visit.

7 Likes

Even if you are not a Draenei, you are part of the Alliance and thus everyone is welcome to join and spread RP around the place!
As for how to help. Best help is RP. Discord soon will become available and if you would like to host or sign up for events that are meant to happen in or nearby Sha’Aree, you are more than welcome to use it!

8 Likes

I see the time for me to race change my blood elf into a draenei comes at a perfect time, glad to see there be draenei-oriented RP planned ahead!

There is one thing on my mind however, and please please please don’t take this the wrong way… but I sincerely hope there will be a somewhat equal ratio of male and female draenei. Not… 90% females. I get it, draenei females are sexy beasts, I totally get it! But it doesn’t make any sense for there to be such a huuuuge majority of women in a society like theirs.

So guys, don’t be afraid to channel your inner male draenei! I’ll be race changing into one any day now (once salary comes in.) And good luck with your RP plans!

6 Likes

An opportunity to use Draenor and see the fellow Draenei!
Great, I will watch this initiative closely :wink:

7 Likes

I have a special T’baartos, long-forgotten cousin of T’paartos, who runs a bar on Sha’Aree. cough But over than that, whilst is it a Draenei-Oriented place, everyone are welcome to join!

5 Likes

Great hub and great people, highly recommend it.

5 Likes

Something that’s been lacking and sorely needed to get some unity in the ranks of the peaceful space communists, :ok_hand: I support this wholeheartedly.

8 Likes

It’s vey nice to see draenei rp kept alive! Lookong forward to it!

2 Likes

Good Luck with the hub, who know maybe one day the Coalition can come that way. Or you know… someone drag Su there and the rest will follow… cough

But I would be glad if we could somehow visit in the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was only levelling through Shadowmoon last night and thought to myself that Elodor would be an amazing RP location - got to say this is a wonderful surprise to wake up to!

4 Likes

Thank you! We plan to hold various events over the time, so it may give even more reasons for people to visit Sha’Aree!

As for somehow visit in the future. ‘tis shouldn’t be complicated! A lil’ bit of gear. A lil’ bit of traveling and boom. You have hoofs and tail cough I mean, welcome to Sha’Aree.:goat:

1 Like

Su knows Zee and Ragid so that’s an opening at least.^^

2 Likes

This Sunday at 20 RT (27.01.19) , there will be a little celebration for Villiage Sha’Aree.

There will be some games and a chance to get to know people! A Transmog competition will also be hosted with the theme Draenei! . Bring out your inner Draenei and show off your inner Fashionista.

On Tuesday at 20 (29.01.19) , a sparr session will be hosted for those who are interested. Lets get ourselves in shape.

5 Likes

Map has been added! It can be found both, at our discord server and at first post of this thread.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the next RP PVP Campaign being hosted in Sha’aree.

Just dropping by to congratulate you on this great initiative and to ask if you’d receive a small group of travelling pandas interested to learn more about draenei culture. We would probably be able to get there icly around the 30th though.

4 Likes