[A-RP] <Stormwind Covert Accord> Rebooting and Recruiting

I would make a Shattered Hand character, if I wasn’t so anchored to Alliance.

1 Like

One has to wonder how they keep tabs on Stormwind so well in lore though :eyes:

1 Like

Shh! You trying to blow my cover!?

3 Likes

Yes. God forbid that players choose to portray a character that does not conform to their chosen class. What are all those sentinels characters not playing exclusively as hunters even doing? And what’s with the paladins playing as ordinary footmen? Just why?! It’s almost as if their preference of gameplay does not align with their taste for certain character concepts. Madness!

You have much to learn about druids.

4 Likes

May I ask why? Because I remember that we met once in the morgue in the SI:7 building, where you approached with that we played in two different phases. We both accepted this and moved on.

Do me a favour - since you seem ‘intelligent’, go on over to SI:7 in Stormwind, walk inside and tell me what class trainers you see inside.

I’ll wait.

And you have much to learn about this particular organisation of Alliance rogues. You can appear smart and say “yew haev much 2 learn!” all you like, but I can prove without a doubt that the only people to join SI:7 are rogues. Can you prove, undoubtedly, that priests, paladins, death knights, warriors or even hunters are in the organisation?

I doubt it.

1 Like

Glad to see my point went completely over your head.
Unsurprisingly…
hehe gnome jokes

1 Like

It has been a part of the community for a very long time. The majority of Stormwind has accepted it. That reminds me – this was one of the reasons why we also argued in the Circus, and another reason why I got “removed” because you can’t accept what the majority of the roleplay community, in Stormwind agrees to.

But hey, continue.

“everyone is doing it, so i guess it is fine to do so as well”

Last advice for tonight, Lysandre: if you see people jumping off the roof - you don’t need to, actually, follow them.

5 Likes

Aeílmar has said all I need to say. It’s generally not considered a good thing to put your head canon on what a building is in such a public zone as Stormwind. I’m sure you’d be very upset if I were to own a tavern guild and say that the main room of the Pig and Whistle is now, in fact, an alchemical laboratory. You’re very much within your right to put your head canon elsewhere in the world where I don’t have to see it, but it’s generally taboo to do it in a main city.

As you can see, I don’t like head canon. There’s more things I could state in reply to what I find distasteful about your guild the last time, such as how un-secret agent-like your guild members behaved, marauding around Stormwind proclaiming to every sod they meet how they’re an elite spy, throwing their full names out there and other things I don’t realistically see one of the most busy organisations on Azeroth doing for lawls.

Oh-wise-one, He-Who-Knows-All, tell me - what point have I missed? Please, teach this lowly Invader the means to understand your godly intellect. She is not smart enough, but with your elder guidance, perhaps she could share but a glimmer of the light you bask in.

1 Like

This is glorious.

So campaigns about taking land are alright, even though it’s not canon is alright? The majority of the community agrees on a simple thing of a room that’s unused and without any actual purpose.

Do you say that Mathias Shaw is also just standing in the SI:7 Office, all the time, never moving out of his spot?

Absolutely, so don’t let me catch you having tea and biscuits in his office! :point_up: He’s a busy man, you know! Standing on a boat in Boralus and giving quests to people is a tough job!

3 Likes

Okay, so basically it comes down to takes on roleplay in general, and I have a strong suspicion that we’re going to end up agreeing to disagreeing, but generally this:

You can pick a class based on your preference for gameplay mechanics but roleplay something that doesn’t conform to that class’s fantasy. Nothing stops a warrior from being roleplayed out as an assassin or a rogue as some sort of… warrior.

I get that for some people class fantasy is important though, but others couldn’t care less.

It’s kind of obvious that you and I don’t stand on the same side of the line here.

1 Like

There are NPCs called “SI:7 Rangers” in Ragefire Chasm. IDK, I associate the word “ranger” with hunters.

3 Likes

You got a point there.

They’re nearly naked NPCs locked in a cage. It’s hard to say what they actually are. There’s also NPCs in there called SI:7 Commandos - they’re rogues. Nice try, but you won’t prove me wrong, nebarra!

I also went and googled the definition of the word ‘ranger’ for you:

1. a keeper of a park, forest, or area of countryside. “park rangers”
  2. a member of a body of armed men.

Considering they’re inside Ragefire Chasm, an enemy locale, I think ‘ranger’ makes sense, don’t you? A keeper of an area.

I agree fully. I don’t care if you mechanically play a hunter but dress, behave and act like a rogue with rogue on your profile. But to stand there and say you’re a mage and SI:7 in the same sentence is nope.avi.

1 Like

Okay then, seems like I’ve been a little trigger happy in making assumptions on what we disagree/agree on. Sleep well when you get there. Don’t stay up late!

1 Like

There are also SI:7 Marksmen in the Twilight Highlands. Not rogues.