[A-RP] <Stormwind Covert Accord> Rebooting and Recruiting

Did you know rogues could use ranged weapons in cataclysm? You’re “Kul’tiran since Cataclysm” so you should know.

I’m telling you guys now, I am a hound for things like this. I went and found every SI:7 NPC in this game and they are ALL rogues. (or in the case of the rangers, it’s impossible to say as they’re naked).

Using a ranged weapon =//= being a hunter

2 Likes

But they can’t actively use ranged weapons now, so to have an SI:7 Ranger or Marksman, you would need to roll a hunter to act as a ranged rogue.

Roleplay = Using your fantasy.

And you pal. o/

3 Likes

Lysandré, I know reading isn’t your strong suit, but please try.

4 Likes

Lysandré, you got BURNED. Then again, you always get burned one way or another lol

But that isn’t canon, since the hunter is still a hunter. The community agrees on that a hunter can act as a ranged-rogue, an SI:7 marksman or ranger.

Just as the community agrees on a lot of other stuff in character, that isn’t head canon. Such as campaigns, who wins them and takes the land for the faction, or a morgue in an unused room within Stormwind.

1. Thank you, you have no idea how long I have pondered the meaning of that word! So nice of you to go through the trouble and google that for me!
  2. I love how you speak of Ragefire Chasm like it’s a national park. Where’s Yogi Bear?
  3. OK, Why do I feel like you would just go “Lalalala! I’m not listening!” if I posted a link to an SI:7 hunter?

I do not enjoy banging my head against a brick wall, good night.

3 Likes

I don’t care what “duh commuwnity” thinks. If I listened to this god damn community I’d be a transgender half-gnome half-tauren mage assassin in the Order of the Silver Hand.

It’s right in front of your eyes - the proof is here, I’ve presented it multiple times. It’s even on the wiki page, second sentence you read. There are NO SI:7 Hunters. There are NO SI:7 Priests. There ARE SI:7 agents who know first-aid, who act as medics on missions and there ARE SI:7 rogues who use a gun to get the job done from afar. They ARE trained as rogues. They didn’t study with the Kirin Tor and sign a piece of paper to join the most elite organisation of spies beneath the blue banner - they are hand picked by the organisation.

The community isn’t always right, the majority isn’t always right. You wanna play a hunter but be an SI:7 dude? Sure thing. If you dress right, act right and have your story right all gucci, but you definitely aren’t a guy who bonded with a baby bear and got good at manipulating nature as a weapon - you’re a hardened criminal with a gun, trained like a rogue.

I’m anything if not open minded - you presented me with a naked dude in a cage as evidence there are hunters in SI:7. Where’s his pet? Where’s his gun? Where’s his dank nature powers? Oh, he doesn’t have them? I wonder why…

Maybe because he’s not a hunter! Woah, dude! Radical.

You know why it seems like I’m not open minded? Because I’m right and I know I am, because I’ve researched this very topic before.

4 Likes

That’s contradicting.

You’re very stupid.

3 Likes

Let’s agree to disagree.

And when did that ever happen?

You had a chick in your guild who was a hunter with a pet, with a gun, with the tag “mechanical sharpshooter” in her profile. I’m sure if I hunt back far enough through your old rosters I’ll find more examples who I recall. You’ll have to cut me some slack here with how fast I can get this information, since I unsubbed 2 months ago.

2 Likes

Which was a ranged operative, an SI:7 Marksman or Ranger.

With a pet? Remind me, what rogue spec has a giant wolf or whatever it was she had? When you’re playing as a different class OOC to the one you’re trying to mimic IC, it’s generally a good idea not to bring core class elements across IC, y’know?

3 Likes

Aren’t there SI:7 mobs on the Lost Isles that wield 2h weapons? That’s not very rogue.

2 Likes

Also `https://wow.gamepedia.com/Spymaster_Illandris

So it’s a moot point when two-handed weapon wielding, sniper-wielding hunters and druids are being admitted to claim it’s “Rogue only”, sure not every tom, richard and harry should join but its entirely reasonable if the character fits for them to enter service under SI:7.

That said, flip flopping from one guild concept to another every few months when the wind turns bad doesn’t inspire commitment from members or faith.

2 Likes

Some days, I’m glad that I don’t dwell the hot mess that are AD forums.
Other days, however, I loathe knowing I missed out on the fun.

3 Likes

I like how unwilling to read people are here.

“I’m fine with people using class A to portray class B IC”

is turned into

“Oh so you agree that hunters and druids can join SI:7? haha ur contradicting urself”

Holy hell kids, y’all slower than the turtles in BfA.

1 Like

Another one just made it to the water btw.

5 Likes