Delete me please

Thread derailed into insults. Please lock and delete.

10 Likes

it would be super cool if there was a pinned thread with all the community discord in it. The mage one, stormwind, argent dawn, duskwood etc. There are too many!

1 Like

Blizzard can’t / won’t pin threads about discord servers because they’ve no way of knowing or controlling the content inside.

1 Like

if anything you can ask for it to be posted in the list of discords that is in this thread

2 Likes

But will it have gunshots?

Unfortunately we are no longer perroy-approved, which I believe is why we have been removed from that thread! The quoted post still has us in it, it’s just an old invite link that doesn’t work any more.

1 Like

Yeah when the mod team repeatedly made some bot spam me with janitor-tier “you have recieved a warning” posts for the crime of replying to people posting mini-essays about PCU bad (only appearing to manifest yourselves when I made a reply rather than when something that is ostensibly against your rules was being done) it’s not so difficult to realise that this Stormwind server represents a section of Stormwind RP that I reasonably won’t ever be a part of / have no interest in so I personally don’t want to shill it

Nevertheless I’m sure some people think it’s really cool / a fun discord and I probably would too if the tables re. moderation were reversed so sure more power to them & all the best to the server

18 Likes

You were banned for not following the rules, same as any other member. PCU are held to the same standard as any other member of the server, and those who wrote the mini essays, as you say, also got a warning.
You’re the only one who’s caused a public fuss about it is all.

2 Likes

Welp, popcorn time.

1 Like

That’s not true. I left the server after what I felt were unfair warnings - ie. repeatedly you allowed people to go off at my community’s members but suddenly became the riot police when a reply was posted

I went to rejoin a few days later - as someone who was never banned - to read another PCU bad rant that you’d graciously allowed to go on and was banned in the waiting room

Honestly is the best policy so please can we stick to that one from this post onwards

Did they get a wordless ban? Definitely not because they remain there & posting to this day. I had gotten warnings for literally replying to people’s questions that they specifically leveraged towards me

You were the one who mentioned me

At long last, some forum drama to sink our teeth into

8 Likes

If the AD forums go more than 10 minutes without some drama i get a little worried about everyone.

Not here to discuss why you were banned. And it was the Grim Gest guy above who brought up the thread.

People often don’t agree with their warnings, as they believe they are in the right. This is why we have a mod team with five people on it so that we can discuss whether or not a warning should be given. The mod team were unanimous in your case.

1 Like

So…he did not cause public fuss about it.

2 Likes

“We don’t discuss moderation actions”, come on you’re not a blizz CM

9 Likes

Should be a warning sign, tbh.

9 Likes

The buisness talking experince… hello mayto

1 Like

Yeah you’re not here to discuss that because it’s a point you can’t defend at any level

As an example I remember being warned for telling someone they should go for the silk glove before the iron gauntlet ie. telling them to try a diplomatic approach first. It’s a super common saying lol

Are you honestly bragging that you had five of your friends agree with you on something

We’re not talking about warnings, either, ftr. You just banned me because you realised that you’d have to begin doing some token moderation against the various PCU bad dudes if I was back around

11 Likes

Can we get a quick 1000 year ban on Perroy? His presence in this discord makes me uncomfortable

1 Like

He did by demanding that all PCU guild roles be removed from the server, all PCU events be removed from the server and removing us from the list of community discords.
Seems to me to be a bit of an overreaction to being banned for breaking the rules.

We welcome PCU members into the Stormwind discord, as we welcome all people who want to RP on Argent Dawn and think it would be useful. We also hold everyone to the same standards. The rules are very clear, and PCU has become a banned topic in order to prevent the type of rants that Perroy was referring to.

2 Likes

It’s a trap! Don’t do it Bran! Resist!

Edit: I was too late.