[A-RP] The Dawn of Starlight [Kaldorei]

Background
After the events of War of the Thorns and the aftermath of it, The burning of the great tree, the refugees that fled to all corners of the world.
A great sorrow and rage was left behind in many people’s hearts. Together with the ~Vanishing~ of the kaldorei’s leader as well as the general of the forces. many were left directionless, leaderless. Many lost hope, others went and followed the blind rage in their hearts. This however was not what many of us had in mind.

-IC Speech-

"I felt it deep within my heart, the sorrow, the rage building up like so many times before, yet this time… I could no longer stay my hand, I had to get involved. The scum that’s the horde, invading our ancestral lands.
Our homes burned, our families slaughtered and turned to ash in the great fire. *
Something needed to be done, This passive way of simply laying down and dying is not our way, it never has been.
We now have to focus on rebuilding, quickly before another attack is launched at our lands again…
Once we have secured a Homefront, We need to be the ones on the offensive. Securing our borders, gathering resources and intelligence. It has been proven again and again that this “Alliance” is only for those who are not on Kalimdor…
Who came to our aid other than those we aided ourselves?.. None. No one came, hence we have to depend only on ourselves, these alliances are nothing compared to the alliances of old.
Thus I call forth all the old houses, All the orders, The adventures, The civilians come forth and help us rebuild, help us to stand strong once more and together, united under a single banner we… All of us! can ensure that nothing like the purge of yesterday can ever occur on our holy grounds ever again! "

Notice board
“A message to our displaced Kaldorei Kin. The wars and devastation directed at our home and our lives has been tragic. The loss of life is great, and our inner strength has been truly tested. Many of you seek justified revenge, but we offer another path. “The Dawn of Starlight” wants to renew hope and give those of us who have lost much a new lease on life. We seek to rebuild and bring back community and a new safe haven for our people to prosper once more. Starting small we are laying the foundations for a new village on protected land to make a sanctuary and a new home for all the refugees and veterans. We call upon all of our brothers and sisters to help out and join our community. Whether you are a fighter to guard our land, a hunter to feed the helpless, a healer to help the sick and injured, or even those who just need a safe place to call home. With open arms we welcome all Kaldorei to a fresh start, to live or just to support our cause.”
Lord Tylwen Starlight.

OOC Information

The Dawn of Starlight is a guild focused on rebuilding, repelling threats and protecting the kaldorei lands, together with a secondary focus on teaching the new generations to come about our traditions, history and culture. We wish to bridge the gap between the old world and new In hope for a better future for all our kin.

Academia:
Together with other guilds and individuals there shall be opened an Academia ~ Focusing on teaching all young kaldorei, or those who just wish to learn. About our history, culture and the paths we take in life. There will be all from basic training in hand-to-hand combat to the teaching of magics and finding a teacher.

Campaign:
It’s my wish that we can bring forth a living environment where it isn’t all just focused on those who can fight, but also those who have secondary skills, or even only work as Civilians. Thus some of our "Quests’ ’ shall focus on such and may result in various outcomes depending on the interactions with others, both players and NPCs. - Ideally we would also wish for us to be able to establish a working relationship with others so we may interact inter-campaignly - We are in a living world, hence we, in My opinion, should work on establishing links and friendships that will further our own experiences.

Other Events:
We will hold many Kaldorei traditions which showcase and give an experience of elven culture. Some of which are researched, others are more headcanon but fit the theme as much as we believe.
These can involve more grandiose occasions such as Balls, Sermons, but also smaller more involved events such as training sessions for the more combat inclined, or light hearted events such as games, lectures, meetings and other social gatherings.

Thoughts about the future:
This is something that has come up alot of times: Money, Power, and the like. How do we deal with it, what do we wish to do about the exchange of such.
A future goal of mine would be to make a common valued system that could work between guilds and friends, Economically and maybe even other systems. I hope this gives you a good idea for what we are about. Any questions, suggestions or the like feel free to DM me on Discord or in-game. - Tylwen

FAQ

Who can join?
Kaldorei; We wish to set our primary focus on the kaldorei, their culture and community.

Is there an age restriction?
Yes; Age of 18 or above. Why do we do this? honestly because of the theme of the RP, due to Azerothnot being an easy world to live in, some of the events may reflect such. War, death, the daily struggles of life is something we feel that isn’t suited for everyone under the age of 18.

How do I join the order?
First of all, contact an officer or the guild master, either in-game or on Discord. Fenrisúlfr#4130, Then we will arrange an interview where we can get to learn more about each other.

17 Likes

While I don’t plan on RPing an elf any time soon, I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out on you guys. Can certainly think of a few people to recommend your way.
Interesting and well-thought-out concept.

1 Like

This is an interesting and refreshing concept for a kaldorei guild, and I’d definitely consider joining if I was still playing the game. I sincerely wish you good luck!

1 Like

I find this sentiment to be a little patronising, especially considering the game itself is rated 12+ (there’s themes of war and death in even Narnia). But, at the same time, you’d be hard pressed finding anyone left playing WoW under 18 anyway. Zoomers don’t like MMOs I guess.

Good luck with the guild, really happy to see new ones still popping up, wishing you all the best.

1 Like

That’s a cool concept but the age restriction is weird

And now I feel old.

We all are. The average gamer is 36.

2 Likes

Looks good bro, genuine thought and effort behind this, so wish you all the best of luck

The detraction aside, lovely to see another Kaldorei guild on the realm. Wish you guys all the best success and hope to see you in rp soon :star_struck:

1 Like

Not a good fit for my Ash but I have an other character that joined the guild. A slow start but a lovely one for sure. Lets rebuilt! and I do hope more will join!

1 Like

Knowing AD there could be other reasons and ‘themes’ they want demanding age 18+ not quite listed there.

An unfair comment if you don’t have any reason to accuse the members of such things. Age doesn’t necessarily correlate with maturity but even so I believe most of AD’s population are older anyways, and a simple thing like having more control over your time is one reason to be wanting an adult group as members.

Edit: good luck with the guild op :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I play Necromunda a couple of times a month with a group of friends and acquaintances. The starter set for Necromunda is rated 15+, but we still do not accept minors in our club. This is not because we do other things than play Necromunda.

Good luck with the guild Tylwen. You’re a good dude.

1 Like

idk why people are mentioning the 18+ thing.
It’s a simple preference.
Hell, I don’t want anybody under that age interacting with me. Why?
I’m thirty-bloody-one. Anybody younger than 18 is like… Egh.
Simple preferences, people.

2 Likes

I am enjoying my time in here so far! The people are nice and friendly ic and ooc.
It’s a slow start but I’m looking forward to staying with it for the long haul.
Anyone mentioning age is just being silly, adults like the company of adults it’s really as simple as that.

I definitely think anyone who wants to find a Night elf community that is one of the few that aren’t either druid only or military focus should pop their head by and meet some of the nice people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ignore the fact I had the wrong character selected!

3 Likes

Simply asking for people to be of 18+ is not a bad thing, it simply implies that there’s a mature atmosphere. Nothing wrong with it, quite normal if you’d ask me. Bumping up the post here! They’re all lovely people

1 Like

Bump.

Really interesting take on kaldorei roleplay.

1 Like

Innocent little Bump!

I understand that guilds on AD have set a precedent in the past, but I think it’s unnecessarily cynical to assume a guild is up to no good because they have an 18+ rule.

Generally speaking the age gap between, say, a 16 year old and 30 year old comes with a significant difference in emotional maturity and life experience. The 30 year old will have different memories and will want to share those with those who have experienced similar, and often being around much younger players can be quite an alienating experience. It’s for similar reasons that a 30 year old dating an 18 year old, while not illegal, is frowned upon in many cultures - there’s just an inherent difference in maturity and a generational gap that is quite difficult to bridge.

At the end of the day, we all play this game for fun, and have the right to choose who we spend our free time with. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a group of older players putting a rule in place to ensure they are experiencing the game with people of a similar age. There are plenty of guilds on the realm that don’t have an age restriction.

Aside from that, I love the concept, and look forward to seeing it flourish!

5 Likes