[A-RP] The Games of Redridge - Concluded

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kQH13GzBJg

Contact Details & Date

Campaign type: Alliance Tournament
Date: 22-04-2019 - 28-04-2019
Open to: Alliance

“In the Light of the Fallen, we must look at ourselves and strenghten our resolves to help those in need. So that one day, you will be aided in your darkest hour of need.” - Marik Petran Gellan about Lord Caloran.

We have lost, many soldier in this gruesome war against the Horde, Soldiers who were here in the Games. Preparing for the war, enjoying an ale after the festivities; squires who witnessed the death of their mentor.

Now, the Alliance turns to you, the Farmers. Common Folk, non heroes. Expects you to fight in the war. But, there is one thing you -need- to do. Something to prepare yourself for the chaos of battle. And that is; The Games of Redridge.

Open invitation to all.

Dear Mr or Mrs.

The Games of Redridge will be soon upon us, and I; Marik Patrick Gellan hereby personally take over where Lord Caloran left off. Getting our finest Alliance men and woman ready for active service.

A Tournament; in the past only open to those of noble blood. Now open to all who have pledged themselves to the grand cause of the Alliance and a must have been to event in the Kingdom of Stormwind.

Witness various events as it’s closest spectator or participate yourself. The chance is yours officially, take this invitation (optional) to our welcome committee who will handle all our sign ups for the games on the days they take place.

With warm regards,
Marik Patrick Gellan
7th Legion

OOC:

The Games of Redridge everyone! Last year, I’ve had so many whispers of people wishing to attend the games of redridge if only they knew it earlier! Well, here I am! Posting the Games, well over three months in advance. This year, a little different than last years, this edition. (Likely the last edition) Will be a week long, and host a increasing amount of events. I’ll be taking suggestions as to what event you think should be here in the comment section.

I am looking for various roles to take in this evenement. So if you’re looking to expand your knowledge in this amazing once in a lifetime internship. Please write down your discord details in a in game mail and send them over.

The Games this year contain the following and shall be expanding as the months pass.

List of the Games
  • Dueling
    Unrestricted & Roll/Emote
  • Jousting
    Horseback & Gryphonback
  • Racing
  • Archery
  • CQB/OBUA Hostage Situation
    Close Quarter Battle against the Organistation to retrieve a hostage in time limit. (Parties of 3 - 6)
  • Sword and Buckler Contest.
    Two on Two, where one carries the shield and the other a weapon
  • Bard Contest
  • The Famous Melee
    Close Quarter Combat, all versus all.
  • High Value Target Elimination
    Avoid Grunts to get the important kill
  • Escape and Evade
    Reach several check points and find the extraction point before being caught

Sign ups, this year will also be different. Seeing that with last years sign ups, alot of people did not show up. Which really hindered my brackets. So, this year I’ll have a small dedicated team taking care of sign ups for the different games on the day that the event is hosted, and forums to keep an eye on how many people will attend the campaign in a whole. - This to maintain the amount of people that can maximally attend an event, Those that partake in the events will also be granted a tournament pass. Which they’ll need throughout this edition. That being said. Signing up on the Forums is still requested so that I can controll the amount of events I’ll be hosting to fit the numbers.

Please, format your sign ups like this:

Guild Name: The Games of Redridge
Numbers at peak: 12
Participating in the Games: Yes

If you are a individual signing up. Sign yourself up under: Games of Redridge as guild

Guild name: The Games of Redridge
Numbers at peak: 8
Guild name: The Tyrsworn
Numbers at Peak: 12
Guild name: House Briarcliff
Numbers at Peak: 5
Guild name: The Sha’ur
Numbers at Peak: 11
Participating in any games: Yes
Guild Name: Lordamere Rangers
Guild Name: The Eagles Talon
Numbers at peak: 4
Guild Name: Call of the Silver Hand
Numbers at peak: 7
Guild Name: The Men of Good Fath
Guild Name: The Lightsworn Order of Menethil
Numbers at peak: 10
Guild Name: The Three Hammers
Guild Name: The Cerulean Aegis
Numbers at peak: 5
Guild name: The Crowsgarde
Numbers at peak: 7
Guild name: The Nightingale Society
Numbers at Peak: 5
Guild Name: League of Arathor
Numbers at peak: 10-15
Guild Name: Bayerleyn Retinue
Guild Name: Clan Stormheart
Numbers at Peak: 7
Participating in the games: Yes!
Guild name: Order of the Seven
Numbers at peak: 6
Guild Name: Packsaddle Watch
Numbers at Peak: 6
Guild Name: Redfish Militia
Numbers at peak: 3
Guild name: Nightfall Brigade

Rules & Disclaimers

• Discord Servers that talk about the Games of Redridge are subject to the moderation of the server. The Games of Redridge are not accountable for the negativity that are spread at this platform.
  • The Organisation has the rights to decline participants for reasons whichever they see fit.
  • Players (A) that participate in the Events are subject to injury and accept that injury is a possibility.
  • Guilds are able to offer their services and set up recruitment boots throughout this tournament.
Rules for the Games run in previous editions.

The Grand Melee
All participants gather together on the Bridge of Lakeshire, when the horn is blown it is a battle to the last man standing. Armour and Weaponry will be provided by a quartmaster to reduce fatal injuries. [Rolls]Important here is that you whisper the person you’re attacking here. Other than that there is no rules. (Teaming etc)

Dueling
All particpants gather at the sides of the Bridge and come forward as their names are called for combat. This is a elimination tournament. Meaning, that if you lose you’re out. [Unrestricted DPS Classes / Rolls]

Sword and Buckler
You and your friend both gather at the sides of the Bridge and come forward as your names are called for combat. One of you will wear a shield, while the other wields a sword. [Rolls] - Turn based combat. the shield rolls for Defense, the Sword for Offense. Emote>Roll>Emote

Jousting
You and your trustworthy steed gather at the side of the Bridge, together with all participants you will perform a small show for the spectators before waiting for your name to be called out, this is a elimination tournament. Meaning, that if you lose you’re out. [Rolls] - Both players roll a number, add their Knowledge level and emote accordingly as to the stats given by the OOC Organisator. It’s important both players prepare an emote before the horses run towards each other. Meaning, that when the Horses reach each other, a window for emote copy pasting opens. - The Joust doesn’t start until both players have their emotes ready.

Racing
You and your trustworthy steed gather at the end of the bridge and partake in a fierce race through Redridge Mountains. [Rolls] - In the lap, there’ll be markers placed down where all people roll before moving to the next marker. At the end of the race, at the final checkpoint all rolls are added up and that defines the order which participants enter Lakeshire.

Bard Contest
The Bard Contest will be run throughout the week, the person with the most interesting songs regarding the happenings and regarding participants wins. - [Emote/Say] - It’s important to get some songs up and about that are easily noticed. Each night, the Tavern will be crawling where you can easily repeat your songs from the day.

Marksmanship Contest
Eliminating targets from a distance, the Marksmanship Contest will serve you a series of challenges - [Roll/Emote/Enviorment]

Seperate Rules, for more unique Games

Aerial Jousting
Those who are capable of flying gryphons gather with their trustworthy gryphon at the Bridge, as your name is called you take place in the sky, directly above the water. This to prevent falling damage, a stand by team of divers will be ready to take you ashore. [Rolls] - The same as Jousting, but in the air. Emotes are placed in a specific channel designed for Games of Redridge emotes, this so the crowd can also witness the games.

CQB Hostage Situation
You and a team of your choosing are brought to a secure location where you will take a race against time to free a hostage who are held by a group of captors; Seventh Legion Staff will brief you on the best possible strategies and how to clear rooms. - [Roll/Emote/Ingame Movement] It’s important here that you pay attention to detail, one corner missed and the enemies will mean conflict, which in turn means wasted time.

Escape and Evade
Your party of four is ‘ambushed’ at the start of the game. With limited weaponry and armor you are set to find your way to the extraction point prior to being captured. [Emote] This game is purely set on your characters ability to adapt to situations. The team that gets to the extraction point after passing at least 4 check points will win. (This game is on the clock, and has very limited sign ups)

High Value Target Elimination
With minimal information, you and your team are set to ‘eliminate’ a target deep in the ruined Garrison of Redridge. Avoid the grunts to ensure the Target is not notified and cannot escape. [Emote] - This is a game that will react to your teamwork and actions. - The quicker the kill, the higher your score
TBA.

Roll System

Just like any other edition, The Roll System of previous editions is in place. For those that need a reminder:

High Knowledge: +15 to your rolls
Medium Knowledge: +10 to your rolls
Low Knowledge: +5 to your rolls
No Knowledge: +0 to your rolls.

This will be applied to a variety of games - Keep it honest for your character.

Story
To be added.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will Archery feature guns this edition?
A: Yes, the competition has renamed itself to Marksmanship and features a variety of challenges

Q: The Arathi Honour Guard, are they still banned from this edition?
A: No. You guys are welcome still.

Q: Will there be an end date where sign ups can no longer be progressed?
A: Forum Sign ups are a courtesty for the organisator, this so that I can prepare myself better. However, the Welcome committee will handle sign ups for the Games IC on the days of the Event. -

Other Activities:
For Socializing Purposes there will be other activities during or after the games,
Imagine the following:

• A Ball
    A Formal Masked ball will be hosted during the Tournament Week, no suit/dress and mask means no entrance.
  • Hearthstone
    Spectators have their chance to challenge others for a game of Hearthstone. To pick up a Hearthstone Pass, all you have to do is sign up at the committee

Here is a Discord Link for all Guild Masters / Participants.

https:// discord.gg/F8SVc9D ← Remove space between // and d

A Final Note:
It is highly encouraged to sign up as staff, as the Games of Redridge needs it to make this as immersive as possible! - Any Questions, please ask them.

Schedule

Monday
19:30 - Opening Ceremony
20:00 - Melee (FFA)
After the Melee: Archery
Tuesday
19:30 - Briefing
20:00 - OBUA Hostage Situatiuon
After the OBUA’s: Sword and Buckler, the famous 2v2
Wednesday
20:00 - Dueling (unrestricted)
After the Duels: Racing
Thursday
20:00 - High Value Target Elimination
After the HTV’s: Escape and Evade
Friday
20:00 - Jousting
After the Jousts: Dueling (Emote)
Saturday
20:00 - Aerial Jousting
After the Jousts: Ball
Sunday
20:00 - Ending Speech
20:30 - Prize ceremony

46 Likes

The last events were incredible. I can’t wait for the next edition!

8 Likes

Character Name : Sir Jack Asheton
Guild Name: The Knights Gryphon (The Most Esteemed Order of the Glorious Cavaliers of the Peak and the Gryphon)
Numbers at peak: 5

3 Likes

Question from whispers:

Is Arathi Honour Guard still banned?

Answer

No, you guys are more then welcome to ruin my event.

8 Likes

pog

looking forward to this, last year was a blast, glad to see it’s going again!

2 Likes

I guess I will have to bring Roderick back! Looking forward to see old faces and new alike!

1 Like

Oooh! I’d love to sign up as a medic.

Guild Name: The Games of Redridge
Numbers at peak: 1
Participating in the Games: Maybe, perhaps as a healer on standby.

1 Like

What event did you miss last year? Let me know below! And maybe this year will feature your events.

2 Likes

Is everyone welcome as spectators?

2 Likes

Marik, I’ll sign up as a cheerleader for a cool initiative like this, keep it going - heard great things about last years Games!

2 Likes

Somehow I managed to miss every previous edition of this, hopefully I’ll finally manage to make it this time. In which case I will of course ride in the joust at the very least. Have at thee!

As a tip, you might also like to include a herald amongst your staff, for example to loudly announce the heraldic crests and deeds of reknown of the knights who ride in the joust!

1 Like

You’re not just allowed to participate or spectate, you’re encouraged. We’re here to promote role play and fun!

3 Likes

I’ll note it down in the section for Staff wanted! Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

I look forward to it. Last year was a lot of fun.

3 Likes

Dammit, why would forums think that my DK is my main-

Right, once again:

Name: The Tyrsworn
Numbers at Peak: 12

Also, would you like someone to run jousts, a melee, maybe even a foot-the-ball match? I love medieval games, and have some experience in their organisation.

Is archery going to be mixed with guns again? That struck me as really weird last time.

1 Like

Help with these events are always required. Can you message me on Discord / ingame regarding supervising some games? Also take a look at the staff requirements.

It’s to soon to say. Ill toss this question in the group later tonight. Possibly renamed to sharpshooting.

2 Likes

Let’s just hope you wont take all the prizes for yourself :wink:

1 Like

’Patch Notes’
1/21/19 - Added explaination to the Game Rules. Special and Previous Events.
1/21/19 - Added the Tyrsworn to the Sign Ups.
1/21/19 - Expanded Staff list with: Herald
1/21/19 - Added the Games: Escape and Evade & High Value Target Elimination
1/21/19 - Added The Hilted Blade & The Sha’ur to the competition
1/21/19 - Removed Gladiatorial combat until further notice.
1/21/19 - Updated F.A.Q
1/22/19 - Added: Other Activities, including but not limited to: A masked ball.
1/22/19 - Added a Discord link in the main post.
2/03/19 - Added sign ups until post 45. - Current number: 104

2 Likes

Name: The Sha’ur
Numbers at Peak: 11