[A-RP] The Games of Redridge - Concluded

Nice! I’ll be looking forward to attend these again! Was great last year.

Name: House Briarcliff
Numbers at Peak: 5
Participating in any games: Yes!

Hiya! When would the closing date be for sign ups? :3 Unless I can’t read and missed it… This is really interesting!

The forum sign ups are really just a courtesy for me, to see how many folk will attend. The sign up for the games will work with a welcome committee, signing up people for the event that occurs on the day, or the day after.

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time!

Character Name : Winsor Nightraven
Guild Name: The Games of Redridge
Numbers at peak: 1
Participating in the Games: Yes

I attended the last year’s games and I have to say that it was really, really fun! Glad to see these are going to be a full week long!
My suggestions for different events (apart from the classics such as sparring, jousting and racing) would be: Pet Battles, Hearthstone, Costume contest, puppet shows, and perhaps a small ball to finish it off.

1 Like

Thank you for your positivity Winsor.

• Hearthstone
    This has as large chance of getting in the competition as well, depending on how many people still play it. I know I do
  • Pet Battles
    Personally not a fan of Pet Battles, I don’t think this edition will include Pet Battles
  • Ball
    I myself am a big fan of Balls, but I feel they get very stale very fast. If you, or any other reading this find some examples to keep the ball from getting stale, let me know

Feedback
Hello! For one of the Games of Redridge, I’m in need of some RPPvPr’s from the Horde, who as part of the game OOCly use Toy Wands to turn themselves into critters/beasts/humanoid (Gnolls/Murlocs) To fight against the Alliance in unrestricted PVP. If the Alliance Character dies during this battle, then it’s expected that he or she dies in RP as well.
Imagine the following. 10/15 Horde Player NPCS (Beast/Gnolls/Murlocs) with a lowered Item Level, versus 5 Alliance Players with a higher item Level.

What are your thoughts on this?

6 Likes

Signing up the guild.

Guild Name: The Royal Accord
Numbers at peak: 12

3 Likes

You could get a good game of Village Football going. That’s basically get the ball across the line. No bladed weapons.

I’d heartily recommend adding a ball! The presence of so many knights (well, there’s a joust after all!) is a perfect opportunity to woo fair damsels with chivalry!

I think you don’t really need to do too much as an organiser to hold a successful ball, maybe a handful of descriptive atmosphere emotes but that’s it really. The rest depends all on the participants who will dance and gossip and what not. It’s probably gonna be a popular event and I think people will entertain themselves! So as an organiser, a ball might be a good moment to sit back and relax. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ah, sweet, thanks for the information. :slight_smile: And the prompt response!

I can definitely help find ideas to keep the ball from becoming a bit stale. Pintrest is your friend. ;D

As for the unrestricted RPPVP, I kinda like the idea, but one would expect the decision of death to be up to the player itself, if we’re looking at how RPPVP works in general, however… considering the lowered item levels and such, I do understand why death would be more implied considering that it should be harder for the person to die in the first place with the gap. Eh. I like it…!

2 Likes

Excellent, toss me a message on: Marik#4236 - Discord. I’ll sent you an invite.

That’s it then. I’ve had a couple positive comments regarding a ball as well, now on the forums too. We’ll have one.

Guild Name: The Eagles Talon
Numbers at peak: 4

Enjoyed last year, hopefully this one will top the last!
We’re looking forward to it.

1 Like

YEEEEEEEEES!! The Redridge Games last year were my first AD RP experience. I happened to be in Lakeshire when it happened, caught me by surprise and I loved it a lot. Thanks so much for hosting it again, Marik!

2 Likes
Here is a Discord Link for all Guild Masters / Participants.

https:// discord.gg/F8SVc9D <-- Remove space between // and d

Opened up the Games of Redridge discord for Guild Masters and Participants. Feel free to join it, toxic behavior that I don’t find funny will result in a kick.

2 Likes

Guild Name: Lordamere Rangers
Numbers at peak: 8

Looking forward to another great games!

3 Likes

Character Name: Uodrieth Bogdancer
Guild Name: The Games of Redridge
Numbers at peak: 1

1 Like

Guild Name: The Call of the Silver Hand
Numbers at peak: 7

1 Like

Guild Name: The Men of Good Faith
Numbers at Peak: Usually between 8-13. Guild’s far too lax/chaotic to give a definite number.

Yo could hit up Boush for ideas on the Ball, I know that the Hallowed Ball’s a pretty thematically distinct thing but it always seems to work out well.

3 Likes

I’ll update all sign ups tonight! - Meanwhile, the lookout for Staff Roles - Guards / Medics etc. Is still ungoing, help me help your friends feel more immersed with characters doing their ‘job’ during the Games.

Guild name: The Lightsworn Order of Menethil
Numbers at peak: Around 10 is a safe guess, might be a lot more or a bit less, depending on phase of the moon and balance of the Force. Very hard to say so early on!
Participating in the games: Yes!

1 Like

Guild Name: The Three Hammers [Hammerguard]
Numbers at peak: 10-ish

I figure that this needs some proper dwarven representation. It looks like an awesome initiative. Keep it up.

1 Like