[A-RP] The Tilted Coin Beach Party Sunday 15-09

Not fully sure if sarcasm or not but if you mean it then well thanks I suppose! What people think of me personally is fine, I care more for the guild then I do for people personally disliking or liking me so hearing that people think so ill of it does upset me.

1 Like

No sarcasm whatsoever, I’m glad to see a stance being made against freakiness. I can excuse some ‘fun’ RP, but uhhh, Kyt’s stuff is a tad beyond that.

4 Likes

Well thank you. We also requested Ky to leave as we do not really support it. Just know that The Tilted Coin doesn’t actively seek out to get people to ERP and just wants to host fun events for everyone to join, even Horde!

2 Likes

Eriara might not speak on behalf of all our Kaldorei members :smiley: Laughs in fire

3 Likes

Ruddddeeeeeee, Cae! :sob:

1 Like

Sorry! You know I appreciate your hard work!

1 Like

Good. Can I have a raise now? :thinking:

No, I offended you only OOC, you will have to ask IC for a raise :wink:

No! Keystrokes.

Well it never works IC, mabye here? xP

Anyway, can’t wait for the event! <3

3 Likes

I don’t want to derail this back to the previous topic, but I disagree. I think Lightforged and Demon hunters should be able to be role-played as more like civilians, and it isn’t really that hard to pull of even lorewise.

gamepedia. com/Lightforged_draenei

As it stats here " The Lightforged draenei are a group of [draenei]part of the [Army of the Light] and the [Alliance]. For untold millennia, the Army of the Light waged war against the [Burning Legion] throughout the [Twisting Nether] The draenei most committed to their long crusade would undergo a ritual to become Lightforged, infusing their bodies with the very essence of the [Holy Light]. After finally achieving victory on [Argus], the Lightforged draenei have undertaken a new mission: protecting [Azeroth]( from rising threats, and helping their kin from the Alliance push back against [Horde] aggression"

Simply the Lightforged have defeated what it was chasing, and joined the Alliance, some Lightforged might be more interested on living a civil life after their endless fights. I know we’re playing -world of WARCRAFT- but after wars some soldiers come home, and try to settle down. And I think the Lightforged is a complex, and good race to choose if you want to role-play a character that knows nothing but war, and fighting. But are trying to settle into the civil life.

The same would apply to Demon hunters, they swore to take down the Burning legion, much like the Lightforged but in a complete different way. I think a Demon hunter makes less sense then a Lightforged, but I the same applies, they have got rid of what they set their goal to do, so what now? Now some probably want to turn back and try to look for something normal, even if that is almost impossible seeing what they have become. It is harder to pull off, but not impossible. And I don’t think soldiers coming home to live a normal life is lore breaking, because it isn’t. I know we’re playing a game where everything is about fighting the next boss, and the boss after that. But some people want to role-play what normal life would be like, what a broken soldier that did sacrifice everything has to do to once more try to live a normal life.

Yes they made a pact, yes they made a oath, but that is over now, Argus is gone, the Burning Legion is gone, Soldiers come home, some settle and try to live normally, most push on, and keep fighting. That’s just how it is.

Now I imagine that there is just a small amount of Lightforged and demon hunters that are actually trying to make a normal life, while the majority of them are aiding the Alliance.

2 Likes

Demons are not, and similar threats exist.

8 Likes

turning your entire being into a bonafide weapon isn’t just ‘over’, it’s a permanent thing. It should influence the way a character exists in every single aspect of their life. You try to speak of them as though they are regular soldiers, but they are far, far beyond that. They are not simple soldiers, they are elite, dedicated, forever-changed blades to be wielded and aimed by their superiors.

For them to just become regular ordinary civilians is, quite frankly, a total let-down considering the potential they have. It’s like using a bar of gold to replace a broken table leg.

4 Likes

Like those damn kids hanging outside the General Vendor. Damn Hooligans! Throwing stones at me when I go to get bread!

Tehya, agree with you, turning your entire being into a bonafide weapon isn’t just ‘over’, it’s a permanent thing. But what when there is no longer war, what do they do then? That’s what I’m trying to say.

What if a Lightforged or demon hunter looses an arm, or a leg, or are just incapable of fighting anymore. Then they’ll have to do something else.

The main threat they faced is gone, and worked so long and hard to defeat is suddenly over, and some of them might go into civil life after that. Story wise that makes sense, they might even be to damaged to keep going into battle.

Again, I’m not trying to argue that -every- Lightforged and Demon hunter should be a barmaid, I think the only jobs they would try to seek out should reflect on what they used to do. Trying to role-play a Lightforged, or a Demon hunter that has returned shouldn’t be easy, or common. But it isn’t a bad idea for someone that want to play that kind of character, which is hard to pull off, but not impossible.

But there is. We see Tehd and Marius(?) still hunting down demon stragglers, and the Lightforged seem to regard the Horde as the new Legion, going by blade master Telaamon (or however its spelled) in BfA.

See, that would be a way to make it juicy, make it interesting. But sadly, it’s not what (most) people do. Instead they’re perfectly healthy specimens.

I whole-heartedly agree. I imagine that, should a Lightforged lose the ability to fight, they’d instead go on to feed the war machine in a non-combative way before turning to ordinary bogstandard jobs.

Does serving drinks to soldiers count? :thinking:

1 Like

Only if that is the actual job description

All of the Lightforged innkeepers are in war zones, and I know one of them is listed as an Anchorite. So, I’m with you. They aren’t busy living that civilian life.
Void elves are a bit more iffy, with those dancers and the pair by the embassy. One’s playing with corgis and the other is some random innkeeper, that frankly seems unnecessary.

6 Likes

Party starting soon!

1 Like