[A-RP] Whispers from the Void - Limited Time Event (CANCELLED)

• Event has been cancelled due to god-emoting and lack of participation from the whispered RPers -
13 Likes

What about the LFR release of the last wing of the raid? Is that not what more people are going with?

I absolutely love the initiative, though! It’s so great of you to use your own RP time to provide people with development and immersion into their characters like this. Would request that, if I were in Stormwind. Do you also do spooky N’zoth visions too, or is it just whispers?

6 Likes

That’s an awesome initiative, good stuff!

Real Old God chads die with the 1st server kill. :triumph: :clap: :clap:

Eh I’ve always considered the hardest mode as being the canon kill. But we’ll see, if people dig the event I can extend it further.

As for spooky visions, I’ll certainly do them if the chance arises and the person I’m RPing with is open to them. Mind games tend to be what I’ve done the most of, such as sewing distrust and the like.

So yeah! Visions, whispers and the like. All things I do should the subject be willing to RP it out!

It’ll probably end up with this, yes. Although with the potential for a long wait until the Shadowlands pre-patch goes live, I’m not so sure we should hurry matters IC.

Food for thought. Not sure where I stand on it myself tbh.

1 Like

Wish that people would wait longer than the LFR release for n’zoths death to be canon. Doubting slightly 8 weeks really is enough time to RP around this cool stuff and keep in mind 1 week has already passed so 7 left. Especially since there wont be anything else untill shadowlands, which seems to not really bring much for RP by what we know so far.

2 Likes

Unfortunately ending this event prematurely due to a number of bad experiences with people god emoting or ignoring the dynamic RP it brought. I suppose this is why we can’t have nice things.

1 Like

Alas, the trials and tribulations one ought to expect in Stormwind :pensive:

4 Likes

Care to elaborate on that? How exactly did they even god-emote something like a whisper and manage to put you off carrying on with the idea? It’s a shame it has to come to end, I liked the idea.

3 Likes

I wasn’t even present to do any god-like emoting though :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ah crap that is a shame, really is :frowning:

Apparently a scary amount of people believe themselves so powerful that they need not even acknowledge or submit to the fact that they’re being whispered to by an old god. There was no forced result of them having to submit to the whispers of course, as I stated in the original post - how you react is entirely up to you, but to not-react or under-react to it was all too common.

To those of you who played along, especially those who did so to the point of acting it out in /say and /emote so others around them could join in. Thanks, you’re the gems of the community!

To those of you who stand around Stormwind like statues with “Approachable” in your TRP practically begging for someone to talk to you, only to ignore someone when they finally talk to you to engage in RP. You add nothing to this community, go away.

28 Likes

Big if true

( its true )

7 Likes

it is.

i’m so sorry about your event OP.

1 Like

Kinda sad I havent recieved a whisper!
But preach <3 Sorry you had to go trough this :<

Sucks to hear this didn’t work out. The old gods have long been one of my guilty pleasure threats in this game, and the void plot and concept has been a great gift, imo, so I think it’s a shame people are missing out on some really interesting stuff here!

Perhaps the people who did take part and that you felt were more engaged with your ideas are worth reaching out to for some more close-knit RP, instead? o.o

You actually whispered me on my warlock. I had to emote that she was holding her head because of the overwhelming voices. I thank you for this opportunity.

Should you wish to carry on with a few people, please, don’t hesitate. I really enjoyed it.

Edit: Added ‘overwhelming’
Second edit: if you wish to carry on, I can PM you my Warlock’s name. Doing so may bring her to the edge of insanity. (As if she was not close enough to it.)

2 Likes

Too bad this was cancelled, looked interesting.

You should come and try this in Orgrimmar, see how its received here!

3 Likes