[A-RPPVP] Alliance 10th Brigade: War Games at Dun Agmar (19th May)

/What I’m still banned, can you unban me Ortman.

i wonder if they offer free donuts

1 Like

:Sweating:

1 Like

I got pretty tired of the paperwork, not going to lie.

4 Likes

I claim responsibility for this chronomancy mishap and apologise profusely. :cold_sweat:

8 Likes

Good initiative!

Bing bang bosh hey heyy get it in there champ

cant wait to peep in the window at your tea parties every once in a while :cowboy_hat_face::smoking: xoxo

:crying_cat_face: absolutely fuming

5 Likes

Not a funny joke normie

2 Likes

look at this waste of skin

Do they have cheese?

Cheese? Well, sure
No bread of ours is without cheese…

So you can see the future ? What is the name of next expansion ?
Jokes aside the organization looks awesome .

1 Like

“A military exercise or war game is the employment of military resources in training for military operations, either exploring the effects of warfare or testing strategies without actual combat. This also serves the purpose of ensuring the combat readiness of garrisoned or deployable forces prior to deployment from a home base. War games involving two or more countries allows for better coordination between militaries, observation of enemy’s tactics, and is a visible show of strength for the participating countries.”

Beginning 19th May. Individuals welcome!

:crossed_swords: THE WAR GAMES AT DUN AGMAR: Alliance vs. Alliance RPPVP :crossed_swords:

This is an idea that has been in my head for a while, and I can’t see a better time to try it out. Using the war games feature (helpfully hidden from the basic UI by Blizzard in BfA…), players of the same faction can engage in PVP with each other in battlegrounds and arenas. This allows for cool engagements in Alterac Valley and Wintergrasp which are among the few battlegrounds that can pass as being in Alliance territory (with a little bit of imagination, see below).

War games do, however, have two downsides: firstly, once you’ve started a war game, new players cannot join it (I think), and once you leave there’s no way to get back inside without restarting the war game. For this reason, every fight will begin at 8.30pm server time, with the groups being formed from 8.00pm onwards. You snooze, you loose. The second problem is that everyone must be of the same level for a war game to start; people below level 120 will not be able to access the war game and will therefore be given non-PVP tasks. The main fights will last approximately 45 minutes; afterwards, there will be the opportunity to casually skirmish with other players and generally just RP in Alterac Valley.

In between fights, the BLUE team will occupy Kharanos (the ‘main base’) and North Gate Outpost (the ‘forward base’); RED team will occupy Thelsamar and South Gate Outpost. Obviously these locations are readily accessible by both teams but people are asked NOT to casually wander into the other team’s bases. If a member of blue team or red team encounter each other anywhere they are supposed to act as though they’ve encountered a member of the opposite faction. That being said, lethal force is outright banned: killing anyone in the war games is a punishable offence (this should not come as a surprise to anyone) and the decision on whether lethal force is used during an emote relies solely upon the person doing the emote. If they say it wasn’t lethal, then it’s not lethal.

:map: Dun Agmar :map:
The Valley of Dun Agmar is situated on the eastern border of Dun Morogh. It is named after the dwarven fortress that stands at the northern end of the valley, which came under siege during the Second War. The smattering of bunkers built in the valley often came under attack, both before and after the war, by the local frost trolls of the Hoartusk Tribe, which dwelled in the southern end of the valley. Although the Hoartusk have been wiped out now, their villages were reconstructed by the Alliance so that the valley could be used for training purposes. It stands as a defensible location in Khaz Modan, and has been used in recent years by commanders and their cohorts to study battles in mountainous, icy terrain, and assaults on both dwarven and savage artichokes alike.

Incidentally, the Valley of Dun Agmar has a striking resemblance to that of Alterac Valley. The map is divided up into several zones, which correspond to locations in AV. When considering where to attack in strategic terms, the #map should be consulted - however, the corresponding location in AV will be used to depict the actual battle and the local terrain can (and will) be in a factor in considering battlefield tactics.

:question: Setting up fights etc :question:
As mentioned above, the war game will be started at 8.30pm server time. The fight itself may start closer to 9.00pm depending on factors like who is fighting where, the number of people involved and so forth. The raid groups for each fight will be made at 8.00pm server time; before then, the lists of which guild is going to which location will be finalised. The raid groups will therefore prioritise members of those guilds. Individual players may be asked to move to other fights or groups, but every effort will be made to make sure everyone (at level 120, lol) gets to fight, and every effort will be made to not split up guilds.

Individuals and people below level 120 will have the opportunity to conduct other duties and tasks in Dun Morogh and Loch Modan. This includes transporting supplies from Kharanos to North Gate Outpost /Thelsamar to South Gate Outpost, engaging with enemy scouts (either using /not using rolls, or using the /duel feature) and, if I get some volunteeeeers, DM events that will have small consequences on the campaign (mainly gaining supplies, restoring energy and so on). If tanks need to be used, then Wintergrasp will be used.

:crown: Command Structure :crown:
Although the 10th Brigade has an structure already, we will, of course, have to split guilds up into essentially two half-size ‘’’’’‘brigades’’’’’’: red team and blue team. The names, roles and structures these two brigades will remain the same as the 10th Brigade. To that extent, there will be twice as many positions opening up for headquarters staff and battalion commanders. These opportunities will be made available between now and the start of the campaign.

10 Likes

Absolutely looking forward to this!! Already signed up with you on Discord but really can’t wait for a chance to assist with anything I can do.

Hopefully I won’t need to write an essay each day on event planning and reports! See you all there.

2 Likes

after flexing our might in the plaguelands the tempestarii is gonna flex on alliance idiots too, cant wait

2 Likes

The Tyrsworn is interested in signing up! Always good to serve under a fellow Lordaeronian.

big up blue team brap brap

better red than dead

see you in the pit tomorrow REDS

2 Likes

Tomorrow, the 10th Brigade - new, prospective and old members alike - will be gathering in Ironforge ahead of the War Games at Dun Agmar; at 2030 server time, they’ll be briefed and assigned to their teams for the remainder of the week. The first battles will take place on Monday.

There’s still time to get involved; just join the discord and drop me a message when you’re in the lobby!

1 Like

This message hasn’t aged well Seabridge, 3rd in Command of Red Team :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.