[A] <The Collectors Covenant> A guild for new and/or sporadic players

Grab an ale, traveller, let me tell you about ‘The Collectors Covenant’…

In 2018 I was attempting to start a guild for new-new players on Silvermoon. I’ve been playing very sporadically since 2016 (still only just got into the Lvl 80s) and mainly solo (with some PUG groups). Too readily distracted by pets and seasonal events.

WoW was my first MMO, and I came to it relatively late at 30 years old. I loved the world, but was a bit blown away by the wealth of content and years of progress made by others. I joined some lovely guilds in the early days, had some great chats, but they were max level/end game players who just didn’t want to run Classic dungeons on Normal (and understandably so)! Add that to some discouraging ‘Learn to Play!’ LfG groups, and I mainly just stuck to solo questing/leveling and the seasonal events.

In 2018, I agreed to merge a fledgling guild I had formed with someone who I thought had a better chance of getting it off the ground. We formed The Collector’s Covenant, a guild for casual-casual and new players. Our GM left, and so I became GM to safeguard our guild and basically shelved it with a view to restarting…

I’ve returned in 2019, and I’m keen to do something with this guild, because I still believe in the idea. This is a fresh group, with ALL the achievements up for grabs, right from the ground up. Yep, we’re talking Deadmines on Normal :slight_smile:

Its for anyone who is new and/or very casual/sporadic, who mainly does their own thing but would like to do more with other people in a relaxed, ‘we’re all new to this’ environment. Its for anyone who’s willing to say ‘Hey’ in guild chat when they’re around, and send some gratz for achievements when they pop in guild chat. It’s for mature (in attitude, not necc age) gamers who can have a laugh but respect other people and their perspectives.

For lots of people, this kind of thing won’t appeal, and that’s cool. But if you got to the end of this, and it sounds like your cup of tea, drop me a whisper (Thorinferris- Silvermoon) or add me on Blizzard as FunkyMonk#214219. Cheers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Greetings
So ive decided to have a fresh start on new server and actually obtain alot of things i never got done, ive joined up here and tonight we had a guild chat going whilst hitting lowbie levels, was really good to fianlly have that once more, i myself have re joined wow as its the mmo that still hits that spot, looking forward to progressing further here with new like minded people, lets face it as we get older our game time becomes limited work family etc so that time needs to be spent well im certainly looking forward to that here, so any of you out there like us jump on board
Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Come one,come all!
Join this fun welcoming community :smiley:

2 Likes

Badgerbite, are you interested? (Great gnome name btw)

1 Like

Still room for more likeminded people :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome group of people to socialize with , and simply enjoy the game with together without any of the flaming , anoying ilv requirements , properly back to basics having a chat while having a blast at the game ! come join us!

3 Likes

A few men(and woman :stuck_out_tongue: ) strong already!Come join in on the fun everyone :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey all! :slight_smile: I got very excited when I found this thread and read about the guild. I’m returning player, but very noob still and would love to be part of something like this. I like to collect stuff and I’m kinda completionist in a way and like to play solo, but always wanted to be part of a community like this where I can chat with others and share my achievements!

I’ve already created new character on Silvermoon and it’s kind of fresh start for me!

3 Likes

Great to hear! Add my battle tag (or let me know yours) and we can have a chat :slight_smile:

Off to a really great start so if theres any other like minded players out there reach out

2 Likes

Small community,big fun :smiley:
Come join us today!

Recruitment is on hold for the time being.Thanks to all the wonderful people who joined us!

1 Like

Hi all. We’re going to reopen for a few days see if we can ger a few more levelling characters in the guild. If you’re interested in levelling a char (rather than just max level stuff), get in touch. If you’re a new player, all the better!

1 Like

Hi there! I’m a returning player from so long ago that I might as well be completely new. This guild sounds like exactly what I am after. I usually play healer roles in MMO’s so would love the chance to play some low level dungeons and learn how it’s done.

I’ll roll up a fresh toon on Silvermoon and hopefully hear from you soon!

Sounds good, thanks for your interest. Add my battletag and we can have a chat :slight_smile:

Hi I have added your battletag, I am a Rogue new to the realm, the guild sounds perfect! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.